Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

You'll get about 40Gb for 20 or 30 quid as a bolt on. If you're using more than that you should ask why you are on holiday watching tv  ;)

armaghniac

Quote from: galwayman on July 08, 2019, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 08, 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Vodafone operate in Spain so they may do a deal with roaming on their network there, but the EU roaming directive does not cover dongle type devices, as far as I aware.
Thanks armaghniac - I
Guess a local Spanish data SIM card should work with the 4G router and bypass roaming charges?

A local SIM would require the router to be unlocked.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2019, 11:02:31 AM
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Kerry that would have plenty of self catering apartments to rent?

Castleross Hotel in Killarney does chalets. Also I believe there's self catering apartments in Glenbeigh and Cahirciveen as well. We rented a holiday home down in Cahirciveen a few times, lovely, but not overly cheap.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

BenDover

Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2019, 07:32:47 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2019, 11:02:31 AM
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Kerry that would have plenty of self catering apartments to rent?

Castleross Hotel in Killarney does chalets. Also I believe there's self catering apartments in Glenbeigh and Cahirciveen as well. We rented a holiday home down in Cahirciveen a few times, lovely, but not overly cheap.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

Try Park Place apartments, great location to the town centre and close to the National Park.

galwayman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 08, 2019, 05:51:56 PM
You'll get about 40Gb for 20 or 30 quid as a bolt on. If you're using more than that you should ask why you are on holiday watching tv  ;)
Hi Tony. You mean I could get a local Sim card with 40gb on it for around that is it?
Yeah definitely 40gb would be more than enough for all of us.

Don Johnson

Anyone been to Sorrento before can recommend a cheap transfer option from Naples airport please? Googling some here but some of the sites look dodgy!

Also any recommendations on places to eat or see while we are there, only have a couple days free. Thinking going over to Capri?

giveherlong

Anybody ever deal with resort-link.com ?

I sold a time share away back and they have my details and keep phoning with offers which they have now followed up with an email
For £400 they are offering 5 weeks of 'luxury accommodation' for up to 6 people and 2 European city breaks

You have to pay up front the £400 to register your premium membership to avail of the offer

Hard to know if they are legitimate or not? Can't find any negative or positive reviews online

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: Don Johnson on July 10, 2019, 09:19:05 AM
Anyone been to Sorrento before can recommend a cheap transfer option from Naples airport please? Googling some here but some of the sites look dodgy!

Also any recommendations on places to eat or see while we are there, only have a couple days free. Thinking going over to Capri?

Yes...been to Sorrento. Did 2 Nights in Naples, train to Sorrento. 5 nights in Sorrento & then back for a last night in Naples....until I realised during the week that there was a bus from Sorrento train station to Naples airport. Not sure of times though. Capri is a hell hole...nothing to see & the boats are a complete free for all to get on to....best avoided to be honest. If you go to Naples, watch out for pickpockets near Central Station. Got ordinary bus from Sorrento - Amalfi along coast road. Got train to  Pompeii too. Sorrento nice little place for a few days. Irish bar & Scottish bar available if you want!

majestic

Heading to San Sebastian in August, anyone ever been before? Got any recommendations of things to do and see?

bennydorano

Anyone been to Turkey recently? I know people who love it and swear by it, but it's never appealed to me.  it's meant to be regaining popularity among UK holiday-makers again due to the weakness of the Turkish Lira v Sterling. Could be on my radar next year if the Brexit clusterfuck  becomes a mega clusterfuck.

gallsman

Quote from: majestic on July 10, 2019, 10:04:54 PM
Heading to San Sebastian in August, anyone ever been before? Got any recommendations of things to do and see?

Eat eat eat. Go for pinxos in the old town in and around the Calle Mayor. Atari is exceptional. SS has some of the best food in the world.

Drink drink drink.

Lots to see and do, when just walking around it is breathtaking. La Concha is one of the most beautiful beaches and bays I've ever seen.

five points

Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2019, 09:30:59 AM

Eat eat eat. Go for pinxos in the old town in and around the Calle Mayor. Atari is exceptional. SS has some of the best food in the world.

Drink drink drink.

Lots to see and do, when just walking around it is breathtaking. La Concha is one of the most beautiful beaches and bays I've ever seen.

+1. Brilliant city.

Also, don't rent a car while staying in the city unless you've absolutely no choice. Parking is scarce and spots are so tight you'll be lucky to avoid scrapes.

Jeepers Creepers

Would San Sebastian be for a city break or could you do a Holiday.. Holiday there if you know what I mean, with the wife & small kids??

Taylor

Quote from: five points on July 18, 2019, 10:47:53 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 18, 2019, 09:30:59 AM

Drink drink drink.

+1. Brilliant city.

Also, don't rent a car while staying in the city unless you've absolutely no choice. Parking is scarce and spots are so tight you'll be lucky to avoid scrapes.

Are there direct flights from this island to San Sebastian?

galwayman

Lovely spot. La Concha beach right in the city is absolutely fab.
Would love to go back sometime.