Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Another poor performance. united have been bollix since the Madrid game at OT. sooner the league is over the better. Doesnt say much for the rest in England if this utd team are 12 pts clear.  Giggs in centre midfield , crazy decision to play a 40 yr old there. Young not a utd player. Welbeck over rated 1 league goal all season,. 2 midfielders required.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

So first league defeat since November. With some of the recent performances that defeat was coming. City scoring twice (3 if you want to count the United goal) from few chances created was impressive but i can't help feeling if Vidic was playing Aguero wouldn't have got in as easy for the winner.

Stoke (a)
West Ham (a)
Aston Villa (H)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (H)
Swansea (H)
West Brom (A)

Looking at the remaining fixtures United in their current poor form will drop plenty of points but they should get the 10 points to win league.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jonah

Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2013, 10:03:33 PM
Another poor performance. united have been bollix since the Madrid game at OT. sooner the league is over the better. Doesnt say much for the rest in England if this utd team are 12 pts clear.  Giggs in centre midfield , crazy decision to play a 40 yr old there. Young not a utd player. Welbeck over rated 1 league goal all season,. 2 midfielders required.

I'm astounded they are 12 pts clear. The Premier League is as poor as it's ever been.

snoopdog

There isnt really anything wrong with old trafford atmosphere. It is raised for the big games like tonight or Madrid. United fans almost expect to win against the smaller tripe like west ham southampton liverpool etc so they sit and wait in expectation like any big club. I have been to many a big game at old trafford and never experienced anything like it.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Jonah on April 08, 2013, 10:12:30 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2013, 10:03:33 PM

I'm astounded they are 12 pts clear. The Premier League is as poor as it's ever been.

Don't know how anyone would be astounded? United are twelve clear because they won twenty five games to Manchester City's nineteen.

norabeag

Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2013, 10:18:38 PM
There isnt really anything wrong with old trafford atmosphere. It is raised for the big games like tonight or Madrid. United fans almost expect to win against the smaller tripe like west ham southampton liverpool etc so they sit and wait in expectation like any big club. I have been to many a big game at old trafford and never experienced anything like it.
+1 Snoopdog. But to say you have never experienced anything like it come on. You never been to To Anfield for one of those Tommy Murphy / Europa league thingamy they aspire to every year

snoopdog

Quote from: norabeag on April 08, 2013, 10:30:56 PM
+1 Snoopdog. But to say you have never experienced anything like it come on. You never been to To Anfield for one of those Tommy Murphy / Europa league thingamy they aspire to every year
sorry your right, how could anything be better than the self proclaimed bestest knowlegable  fans in the world with their bedspreads on flag poles singing  celtic songs, anfailed wins hands down ;D

Jonah

Christ almighty some of you are embarrassing.
Why are you so obsessed with Liverpool?

From the Bunker

League is over! Has been for months. Sky and News papers will try to put a spin on it. But it's over. United are average but they are a more stable club than Chelski and Citeh. Stability wins you leagues consistently.

BennyCake

United lack any sort of creativity. Get the chequebook out and sign Gareth Bale or bring back Ronaldo. I had high hopes for Valencia but he's had a poor season. Get Young and Nani out to feck. Both are useless.

deiseach

Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
sorry your right, how could anything be better than the self proclaimed bestest knowlegable  fans in the world with their bedspreads on flag poles singing  celtic songs, anfailed wins hands down ;D

trueblue1234

Quote from: deiseach on April 08, 2013, 11:46:54 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on April 08, 2013, 10:40:10 PM

;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

rodney trotter

I suppose this will be Fergie's final few games at Utd, since he will be leaving in the summer according to one poster ::)
He was more worked up this season because of the way they lost the league last season, pretty obvious.

magpie seanie

Bit of an over reaction (as always) to last night. City may just have deserved to edge it last night but United are 12 points clear so it's not time for doom and gloom! The last couple of weeks haven't been great but I expect United will dust themselves down and clinch the title comfortably. That makes it a good year by any standard.

Yes the team/squad needs additions but it's in good enough nick with the likes of Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Cleverley, Welbeck, Hernandez all so young. Still feel Rafael is not the answer at right back (gave away an amount of ball last night) and Evra needs replacing (not sure if Buttner will be good enough, jury is out) because even though he has been a bit better this season his powers are on the wane. RVP is just out of form but once he gets his next goal he'll rattle a few more in. Rooney lacked game time and was just a shade off the pace.

Anyway - Stoke up next. Hernandez normally scores against them in the Brittania.