James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 16, 2021, 10:45:13 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 16, 2021, 10:30:19 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on February 16, 2021, 09:23:34 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 07:21:52 AM
In summary, it's wrong what is happening to McClean but he certified doesn't help himself. A nice fella by all accounts but some common sense wouldn't do him any harm at times too.

As a Derry man, I must agree, btw he was never known for being sharpest tool in the box, disgrace treatment of him, but he should have made his stance, stood by it and kept his mouth shut

Yeh I agree, he deserves to get death threats. He shouldnt have an open opinion on his own country and should keep his gob shut in case he annoys Johnny Englishman. In fact, I think teachers, when they actually get back to doing a bit of teaching in 2022 maybe, should make sure to tell kids to give in to bullying and threats and keep quite and be a good little paddy.

Now don't be silly, where did I say that, I had a relative shot on Bloody Sunday so I support his stance 100% but by jesus balaclavas and wolfe tones etc, no need , he has his own peoples support, but need to actively antagonise people

Why should McClean be held to a higher standard than everyone else?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:45:26 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:43:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

The usual suspects of course.

If it was Neil Lennon getting the abuse you'd be saying he deserves it.

Neil Lennon does not deserve the sectarian abuse that comes his way.

He does deserve abuse for the poor job he has done at Celtic and utter contempt he has show the fans during this season.

You on the other hand justify sectarian abuse of McClean.

You were probably one of the ones writing the letters to Lennon. And I haven't justified any abuse. Your usual twisting. #angeloout

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:49:22 AM
A lot of posters doing their best to justify the sectarian abuse McClean receives on a daily basis here.

He does deserve abuse for the poor job he has done at Celtic and utter contempt he has show the fans during this season.

You were probably one of the ones writing the letters to Lennon. And I haven't justified any abuse. Your usual twisting. #angeloout

Writing what letters?

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:46:15 AM
In summary, it's wrong what is happening to McClean but he certified doesn't help himself. A nice fella by all accounts but some common sense wouldn't do him any harm at times too.

As a Derry man, I must agree, btw he was never known for being sharpest tool in the box, disgrace treatment of him, but he should have made his stance, stood by it and kept his mouth shut

Yeh I agree, he deserves to get death threats. He shouldnt have an open opinion on his own country and should keep his gob shut in case he annoys Johnny Englishman. In fact, I think teachers, when they actually get back to doing a bit of teaching in 2022 maybe, should make sure to tell kids to give in to bullying and threats and keep quite and be a good little paddy.

Now don't be silly, where did I say that, I had a relative shot on Bloody Sunday so I support his stance 100% but by jesus balaclavas and wolfe tones etc, no need , he has his own peoples support, but need to actively antagonise people

Would you go on social media with a balaclava and put the sort of stuff he puts on his social media?

thewobbler

It's not even remotely possible to discuss this subject objectively with people who evaluate Irish nationalism and British nationalism a two completely different things.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:50:03 AM

Writing what letters?

The threatening letters he has received over the years.

Ethan Tremblay

Perhaps it is how he comes across that is the problem, not necessarily what he is saying?

Had he been an English international playing for a top 6 team, this sort of thing would be making the front pages and you could rest assured that the FA and police would have had it sorted.  It's the media picking and choosing who they want to depict as "victims" and "villains" depending on their own skewed narrative.

Regarding his "history lesson" balaclava example, although it was a tongue in cheek joke, the truth of the matter is men patrolled the streets of N. Ireland wearing balaclavas on a daily basis.  Balaclavas are associated with paramilitaries and how the media wanted to spin that story was down to them.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

JimStynes

Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2021, 10:51:34 AM
It's not even remotely possible to discuss this subject objectively with people who evaluate Irish nationalism and British nationalism a two completely different things.

If I had a work colleague who put pro IRA or pro UVF things on their social media they'd be sacked.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:52:20 AM

Writing what letters?

Why would I write a threatening letter to him?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:46:15 AM

How would you feel about a player playing loyalist songs or dressing up as UVF man?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:55:44 AM

If I had a work colleague who put pro IRA or pro UVF things on their social media they'd be sacked.

Rightly so

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:56:19 AM

Writing what letters?

Because you hate him

Itchy

No they wouldnt, you are a teacher.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 16, 2021, 10:59:08 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 16, 2021, 10:56:19 AM

Writing what letters?

Because you hate him

I don't hate him.

He's just shit at his job and should be sacked.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on February 16, 2021, 11:02:12 AM

No they wouldnt, you are a teacher.

Actually that's true. The union would save me. Pay rise on top of the whole thing as well.