Off the Ball v Second Captains - So Who Won?

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 26, 2013, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

OTB bal has be come one massive in joke for the presenters . hitting a low every Friday with the quiz which sounds like the biggest arseholes in a pub arguing over the qualities of Di stefano V Puskas that none of them have ever seen.
but the ultimate low was them going live while pissed at the electric picnic
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Esmarelda

Excuse my ignorance but who exactly has a problem with Irish Times journalists and what is that problem?

screenexile

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 13, 2017, 09:52:47 AM
Excuse my ignorance but who exactly has a problem with Irish Times journalists and what is that problem?

Main Street

Afaiu, the OTB crew do not have an issue with the IT and are opposed to such a fanatic position but comply all the same.

I mean, in this day and age of emotional maturity, could you imagine a GAA county board, front room staff and players boycotting RTE because they were unhappy with their coverage.  Never! ::)

Dinny Breen

Great Podcast from Off the Ball yesterday. Paul Kimmage, Padraig Harrington and Joe Molloy doing the sports paper review. Harrington is great, just an interesting man. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 08, 2018, 10:31:14 AM
Great Podcast from Off the Ball yesterday. Paul Kimmage, Padraig Harrington and Joe Molloy doing the sports paper review. Harrington is great, just an interesting man.

By interesting, do you actually mean odd and boring?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 10:34:10 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 08, 2018, 10:31:14 AM

By interesting, do you actually mean odd and boring?

Listen to it, even has a pop at Brand Brolly.
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteGreat Podcast from Off the Ball yesterday. Paul Kimmage, Padraig Harrington and Joe Molloy doing the sports paper review. Harrington is great, just an interesting man.

Listened to it last night - Harrington is great to listen to alright Dinny. 

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on January 08, 2018, 11:20:28 AM
QuoteGreat Podcast from Off the Ball yesterday. Paul Kimmage, Padraig Harrington and Joe Molloy doing the sports paper review. Harrington is great, just an interesting man.

Listened to it last night - Harrington is great to listen to alright Dinny.

Thanks for the tip lads, will get it for this evening. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

How many here pay the second captains subscription fee ?
Don't bother myself, barely have time to listen to off the ball.

Declan

QuoteHow many here pay the second captains subscription fee ?

I do - Don 't listen to them all but think its worth it per month

gallsman

Dinny Breen

I don't and I liked them on OTB and have been to their TV gig but I think OTB with Joe Molloy as the anchor has gone up another level.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 09, 2018, 11:24:29 AM
I don't and I liked them on OTB and have been to their TV gig but I think OTB with Joe Molloy as the anchor has gone up another level.

I agree, Dinny.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Mayo4Sam

I don't pay for SC, in fact I'm going off them
Ken Earley is the next Ray Darcy, thinking his opinions are always right

The Harrington piece was excellent, says it like it is without being mad aggressive.

Agreed re Joe Molloy, he's really improved
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me