TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I see the Munster final has survived the Bad weather!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

drici

Jinxy

Very good win for Crokes.
Dominated the 2nd half.
Will they have any of their county players back for the Crossmaglen game?
Some achievement to win a provincial title missing so many.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Milltown Row2

Scored first 4 points of the second half. That start give them the platform for a good win. Cross will have too much for them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

Cross are just lucky they won't have to face them in Croke Park.
Crokes would run the legs off them just like they did before.
If Crokes had their full team I'd put the house on them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jinxy on January 23, 2011, 04:10:30 PM
Cross are just lucky they won't have to face them in Croke Park.
Crokes would run the legs off them just like they did before.
If Crokes had their full team I'd put the house on them.

Different Cross team Jinxy that played them in final.  Don't think they would run the legs of current team but do think they have enough to beat us.  I said it before, it is Kilmacuds to lose and my mind hasn't been changed.

INDIANA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2011, 04:05:00 PM
Scored first 4 points of the second half. That start give them the platform for a good win. Cross will have too much for them.

Crokes full whack would beat Cross by 7-8 points.

Without them I'd expect Cross to win by 1-2 points.

Great win for Crokes today. Doubtful anybody else would ship those losses and win.

Jinxy

There won't be a cow milked in Stillorgan tonight.

Bogball XV

Quote from: INDIANA on January 23, 2011, 09:20:04 PM

Great win for Crokes today. Doubtful anybody else would ship those losses and win.
but then how many other clubs have the pick of a local community the size of the Crokes?  If divisional sides aren't allowed, is there a case to be made stopping superclubs from entering?

INDIANA

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 24, 2011, 12:15:25 AM

but then how many other clubs have the pick of a local community the size of the Crokes?  If divisional sides aren't allowed, is there a case to be made stopping superclubs from entering?

I think its utterly amazing how a GAA club in the absolute heartbeat of Leinster Rugby can be so successful. Yes there is an issue to their size but other clubs like Cuala out there are getting strong as well. But they do an incredible job in a previous GAA wasteground.

drici

Munster Senior Football Championship Final
Nemo Rangers v Dr. Crokes     live
2-30pm   Gaelic Grounds Limerick

Leinster Senior Hurling Championship Final
O'Loughlin Gaels v Oulart the Ballagh     deferred
Dr. Cullen Park Carlow

drici

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
Semi Finals:
O'Loughlin Gaels(Kilkenny) v Loughgiel Shamrocks(Antrim)
2-00pm

Clarinbridge(Galway) v De La Salle(Waterford)
3-45pm

(Extra Time if required)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on January 24, 2011, 12:56:20 AM

I think its utterly amazing how a GAA club in the absolute heartbeat of Leinster Rugby can be so successful.

Don't they have a huge local population to pick from along with the odd talented blow-in to bolster their ranks? Don't get me wrong so do plenty of other clubs in Dublin and they don't win nearly as much so Crokes must obviously be putting great work into it but I don't know if I'd call it amazing when you see what some tiny rural clubs have to do just to survive these days.

drici

All Ireland Senior Football Championship
Semi Final
Kilmacud Crokes(Dublin) v Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh)
4-15pm   Páirc Tailteann
Referee: Maurice Condon
(Extra Time if required)

fitzroyalty

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 14, 2011, 03:39:18 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 24, 2011, 12:56:20 AM

I think its utterly amazing how a GAA club in the absolute heartbeat of Leinster Rugby can be so successful.

Don't they have a huge local population to pick from along with the odd talented blow-in to bolster their ranks? Don't get me wrong so do plenty of other clubs in Dublin and they don't win nearly as much so Crokes must obviously be putting great work into it but I don't know if I'd call it amazing when you see what some tiny rural clubs have to do just to survive these days.
Definitely. What would anyone's guess be as to the smallest club (population wise) to win the AI senior club? Ballinderry?