TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on February 11, 2017, 05:58:38 PM
Quote from: maigheo on February 11, 2017, 05:53:41 PM
SIGH,Another thread ruined by the Bomber.  Would Ian Burke deserve a shot with Galway?Saw him playing in NY last summer and was pure class

I bet if he was a Tyrone man he wouldn't get a shot with Galway.
I have to say I am a bit disappointed with the lack of respect shown to Tyrone's most articulate and intelligent poster.
When a Tyrone poster steps out from the morass and demonstrates  such courage of honest convictions as the Bomber does, we should encourage him/her/it and perhaps lend a sympathetic ear.

mouview

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 11, 2017, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2017, 05:18:03 PM
Nonsense. There hasn't been systematic fouling by Crokes at all and they play a lovely brand of football. Yes, there probably was a black card in that incident you mention but besides that there hasn't been anything to complain about. Crokes deserving winners.

Buckley should have been black carded after about 10 minutes.

There was a free Lundy won in the first half, where he was caught with a high tackle as he was bearing in on goal. It was a certain yellow card, the player wasn't even spoken to.

The Crokes manager running on the pitch shouting at the referee when he gave a free against them.

Fitzgerald ripping the jersey off his man and then chucking it in the stand.

Casey going in with a sliding tackle on a lad going down on the ball and breaking into acres of space.

They played the ref like a fiddle, they were as cynical a side as you would come across and they preyed on a weak referee. But the usual see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil when a southern side engages in these tactics.

As extreme as your views are, as someone that was at the game, I largely agree. Crokes deserving winners, but like their county counterparts, highly cynical and versed in the black arts. How many times were Corofin players pulled down, nudged in the back, restrained or impeded when competing for the ball or bearing down on goal? Maybe northern teams are responsible for Kingdom teams adapting these tactics (though Michael Donnellan may still carry Tomas O'Shea's fist imprints to this day) but I'll never support a Kerry team in opposition to any other. Long may Dublin's dominance continue over them.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: mouview on February 12, 2017, 01:51:09 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on February 11, 2017, 05:28:16 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2017, 05:18:03 PM
Nonsense. There hasn't been systematic fouling by Crokes at all and they play a lovely brand of football. Yes, there probably was a black card in that incident you mention but besides that there hasn't been anything to complain about. Crokes deserving winners.

Buckley should have been black carded after about 10 minutes.

There was a free Lundy won in the first half, where he was caught with a high tackle as he was bearing in on goal. It was a certain yellow card, the player wasn't even spoken to.

The Crokes manager running on the pitch shouting at the referee when he gave a free against them.

Fitzgerald ripping the jersey off his man and then chucking it in the stand.

Casey going in with a sliding tackle on a lad going down on the ball and breaking into acres of space.

They played the ref like a fiddle, they were as cynical a side as you would come across and they preyed on a weak referee. But the usual see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil when a southern side engages in these tactics.

As extreme as your views are, as someone that was at the game, I largely agree. Crokes deserving winners, but like their county counterparts, highly cynical and versed in the black arts. How many times were Corofin players pulled down, nudged in the back, restrained or impeded when competing for the ball or bearing down on goal? Maybe northern teams are responsible for Kingdom teams adapting these tactics (though Michael Donnellan may still carry Tomas O'Shea's fist imprints to this day) but I'll never support a Kerry team in opposition to any other. Long may Dublin's dominance continue over them.

That is how I saw it, it was systematic stopping of any player on the turn and referee did nothing to stop it. Teams will do what they do to win but the referee allowed Crokes away with it.

I find it extraordinary the apologists who always seem to jump out in blind defence of any justifiable negative press about a Kerry team. They are extremely ungracious losers, when someone beats them, it's never because they are a better team than them - it's a sickening arrogance.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

I've hated Crokes since 2007. Hope Slaughtneill do a job on them.

Maroon Manc

A very poor opening quarter left Corofin chasing the game, Crokes were excellent during that period and Corofin couldn't get out of their own half. That was a poor goal to concede, thought Power was far to slow to move his feet. Ref was poor although he didn't affect the outcome of the match, I've never seen a ref take so long to speak to a player and issue a card, he could have added 4 minutes injury time alone  in the last ten minutes for the length of time he wasted speaking too players.

drici

Slaughtneil v Cuala   beo
The Athletic Grounds    3-00pm
Extra Time if required.

Milltown Row2

Carlow were to agricultural today!! No cutting edge up front which would have won it for them.. St Mary's on other hand very wristy sharp accurate and able to get decent ball in that generated one on one situations....

Think that may be the case for this game, I hope not though, hopefully with about 10 minutes to go it will be a couple of points in it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The Stallion

Cuala far better. Slaughtneil not on the same level. Outclassed.

Milltown Row2

Cuala and the Clare champions will throw up some final... wide open spaces of Croke might give them the edge on the day.... hard to call but at least we'll have the double header
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Throw ball

Can anyone tell me why that fella was sent off?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Throw ball on February 25, 2017, 04:11:21 PM

Two yellows... S'Neil have played on the edge most of the game

longballin

Great effort by Slaughneil hurlers what they've achieved. Bridge too far today but could be blessing in disguise for the footballers..

Throw ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 25, 2017, 04:14:27 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on February 25, 2017, 04:11:21 PM

Two yellows... S'Neil have played on the edge most of the game

But what was second yellow for?

Cuala easily the better team. Should be 2 good finals.

The Stallion

Scoreline flattered Slaughtneil. Cuala eased off towards the end and Slaughtneil were getting away with fouling a lot as the frustration of being hammered by a superior side started to show.