TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Well done to Corofin full value for five point win and should go on to win All Ireland now.

Jinxy

Having seen the other angle of the incident it's quite possible the ball took a little hop before the Corofin defender took hold of it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on February 14, 2015, 03:21:57 PM
Well done Corofin.
Vincent's had their year, only an exceptional team can win 2 years in a row.

Winning three Dublin titles and two AIs in recent years makes any team an exceptional team.

GalwayBayBoy

The non award of the penalty to Vins was scandalous really. No idea how the officials missed that. That said Corofin were the better side but a goal then could have swung the game back towards Vins. Lundy really developing into a top player. Great connection between himself and young Ian Burke.

Jinxy

Lundy needs to back himself more though.
He's prone to laying it off too often.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2015, 03:29:33 PM
Having seen the other angle of the incident it's quite possible the ball took a little hop before the Corofin defender took hold of it.

Looked like that to me too although mot sure the umpires knew that. 

Missed the first half, sounds like from Twitter on ere that Lundy was exceptional. It's been some 12 months from him, developing into a top player.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on February 14, 2015, 03:21:57 PM
Well done Corofin.
Vincent's had their year, only an exceptional team can win 2 years in a row.

Didn't see the game but did Agent Paudie sort this out for us? :P

Canalman

Deserved win for Corofin.

Vincents a pale shadow of the team of Spring 2014. Leaden legged, listless and looked like a bunch of lads sick of football. Big midfielder a huge loss.

Think Diarmuid Connolly should be told/ made to take a complete break from football for a month or so.

Throw ball

Enjoyed that game today. Vincent's looked as if the amount of football they had played had caught up with them. Corofin deserved winners. Both teams should be commended for such a good game. Thought Paudie was having a better than average game until the non penalty, but as Jinksy said from the other angle it looks as if he may have been right. Who would be a referee!

redzone

There's no way he the ref thought that balled bounced. It was a monumental refereeing mistake just. Cant understand how 2 linesman and 2 umpires didn't pick up on it. Maybe they did and hadn't the balls to put their hand up. I don't hear believe this crap of umpires not being allowed to interfere with normal play. You do what is right 

galwayman

Well done Corofin.
Their kick passing was a joy to watch.
I think they'll win the final.
You'd imagine their style of play would be suited to Croker

thebuzz

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2015, 03:17:52 PM
All over now. Corofin's All-Ireland to lose.

I wouldn't write Slaughtneil off just yet. They've got some spirit.

JoG2

Quote from: thebuzz on February 15, 2015, 05:35:39 PM

Ach, it's just Connacht men saying their champions will win it. Should be a Quare final. 2 great sides.

Thought St Vincents were gonna walk it this year ;-)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thebuzz on February 15, 2015, 05:35:39 PM

Massive, to concede 2 penos early on and to win by one point in an incredible game of football, it takes some doing.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Captain Obvious

Slaughtneil will need a lot of luck to win the final however you never know on the day. I don't think St Vincents played a side as good Corofin on route to their All Ireland success last year.