TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawhide

No they wouldn't, I listened to this tripe about how this and that club team would beat a county team. Monaghan just about got over the line against Antrim last year in the championship. the one thing people like yourself don't understand about county teams is how physically powerful they are compared to a good county team. Your analysis does well for a few pints.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Keepthefaith93

There is very little difference in the very top club teams and the really weak county sides.

larryin89

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on November 19, 2013, 10:20:32 AM
There is very little difference in the very top club teams and the really weak county sides.

So brigids would beat Rossie ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

johnneycool

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 18, 2013, 05:33:50 PM
Oh, the glory of it!

Quote from: Plain of the Herbs on November 18, 2013, 01:06:25 PM
A Munster hurling Final not being live on TV would be unthinkable.  All Munster Finals are the greatest games that ever were. The country will come to a standstill, crime rates will drop, Sunday shopping will be put on hold between 2.30 and 4pm as Thurles is Meccafied.  Everything else pales into insignificance, even the All-Ireland Finals.  Shure everyone knows the pyrotechnics of a Munster final cause player burnout in February.

Then the match will start and we will wonder what all the fuss was about. As we do every year.
Quote from: Lone Shark on November 18, 2013, 12:04:40 PM
Any idea what's live next Sunday - Munster Hurling final or Connacht Football?

There'll be no dothing of the cloth caps though as none of the Cork or Tipp traditional counties are partaking.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: larryin89 on November 19, 2013, 10:22:13 AM

Rosscommon wouldn't be as bad as Antrim.

Farrandeelin

Christ your dislike of Ros knows no bounds. When did they become really weak?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 19, 2013, 12:01:03 PM

My dislike for ross has nothing to do with you, maybe you should  attack the post not the poster.  They have beaten Mayo once in over twenty years of championship football, that is a really weak record, they have not won a game in croke park in god knows how long, maybe 1980 or something like that. The modern era has left them behind , like a lot of counties, some people choose to gloss over serious issues like this by being patronising , i simply tell it how it is. Ross are shite.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 19, 2013, 08:05:09 AM
Bit annoying the way TG4 are not showing much quality football (Crokes games have been 3 cake-walks really) and seemingly not being inclined to travel north of the Midlands either..no Ulster football game for example. Is it budget constraints or do they not have the rights to Ulster games or just not get the viewers or what?
What was extremely weird was they never showed any highlights of the Galway football final, which is what 10 miles from their HQ..not that it matters, it was shit, but struck me as strange.

Actually the Galway final was in Tuam this year so a bit further for them to go.

drici

Dia Luain   25 - 11 - 13
Highlights 8-30pm

St Vincents v Summerhill

Moorefield v Portlaoise

Na Piarsaigh v Sixmilebridge

Castlebar v St Brigids

ross4life

Quote from: larryin89 on November 19, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

My dislike for ross has nothing to do with you, maybe you should  attack the post not the poster.  They have beaten Mayo once in over twenty years of championship football, that is a really weak record, they have not won a game in croke park in god knows how long, maybe 1980 or something like that. The modern era has left them behind , like a lot of counties, some people choose to gloss over serious issues like this by being patronising , i simply tell it how it is. Ross are shite.
Firstly St Brigids played Roscommon in the opening of St Croans new pitch last June and Ros won pulling up as expected.

So you judge us on how many wins we had v Mayo & our Croke park record hmm. How many times have have Dublin beaten Mayo over the last 20 years? what about our neighbours Sligo or Leitrim come to think of it you'll probably never forget that defeat to Sligo in 2010 darkest day ever right? & for example Cavans win v London was their 1st win in Croke park for decades, they are around the same level as ourselves both are full with underage talent/potential & i certainly wouldn't call them really weak or shite like you have with us.

Finally let me tell it like it is. Mayos semi final win v Tyrone in 1989 was their first win in Croke park since 1951 & for all your wins v us,Connacht titles and victories in Croker since then it still stands at Mayo 3 Roscommon 2 in senior All Ireland wins.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

drici

Oulart The Ballagh v Mount Leinster Rangers

Gleann tSuilí v Baile an Doire

Carnacon v Donaghmoyne

larryin89

Quote from: ross4life on November 23, 2013, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 19, 2013, 01:05:47 PM

Firstly St Brigids played Roscommon in the opening of St Croans new pitch last June and Ros won pulling up as expected.

So you judge us on how many wins we had v Mayo & our Croke park record hmm. How many times have have Dublin beaten Mayo over the last 20 years? what about our neighbours Sligo or Leitrim come to think of it you'll probably never forget that defeat to Sligo in 2010 darkest day ever right? & for example Cavans win v London was their 1st win in Croke park for decades, they are around the same level as ourselves both are full with underage talent/potential & i certainly wouldn't call them really weak or shite like you have with us.

Finally let me tell it like it is. Mayos semi final win v Tyrone in 1989 was their first win in Croke park since 1951 & for all your wins v us,Connacht titles and victories in Croker since then it still stands at Mayo 3 Roscommon 2 in senior All Ireland wins.

Dublin are no in the same province doh but they still manage to beat Mayo as many times as Roscommon in the last 20 years in championship , once.

Your post is just another attempt to gloss over Roscommons decline from a county that could always threaten Mayo or Galway to a team that is incapable of beating either in a matter of a decade or so.

If I were you I'd be seriously worried that Mayo could dominate out west for another 3/4 years and then Galway could just take the baton , Ross are in a really bad place but ye are in denial and that makes it worse imo .

ross4life

Quote from: larryin89 on November 24, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Dublin are no in the same province doh but they still manage to beat Mayo as many times as Roscommon in the last 20 years in championship , once.

Your post is just another attempt to gloss over Roscommons decline from a county that could always threaten Mayo or Galway to a team that is incapable of beating either in a matter of a decade or so.

If I were you I'd be seriously worried that Mayo could dominate out west for another 3/4 years and then Galway could just take the baton , Ross are in a really bad place but ye are in denial and that makes it worse imo .

Glossing over what? no denial i know exactly where we stand and we won't beat Mayo or Galway until we are obviously good enough to do so. At underage level for years we couldn't beat either but that changed when we improved, it remains to be seen if success breeds success for us.

No doubt your interest in us will remain strong regardless of what happens in the years ahead.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Blame has to lie with me for starting larryin89 off on his tangent. Sorry drici!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 24, 2013, 08:19:24 PM
Blame has to lie with me for starting larryin89 off on his tangent. Sorry drici!

You're such a good boy, hugs for you.