TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farneylawd2011

I would have thought been today a Bank Holiday TG4 would broadcast the Dublin SFC final between :
Ballymun Kickhams v Kilmacud Crokes @ Parnell Park @ 7.45pm.
I would think that such a big game should be televised as it would attract viewers in my opinion.

AQMP

I watched some of the Castlehaven/Duhallow game yesterday.  Do these divisional teams get much support?  Would many say Ballydesmond people go to support Duhallow??

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AQMP on October 29, 2012, 11:16:10 AM
I watched some of the Castlehaven/Duhallow game yesterday.  Do these divisional teams get much support?  Would many say Ballydesmond people go to support Duhallow??

Duhallow are an unusual one.  They are a Divisional side who run things like a senior club.  There are no other senior clubs in their locality and they are all junior clubs generally with no real threat on the junior championship so the Divisional side is actually the main side.  They have been traditionally strong with such greats as the Yank Danny Culloty gracing the jersey as well as O'Connor in recent years.

emmetryan

Before the defensive battle in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, there was the inter final. I've written a bit on that game here http://action81.com/blog/?p=6383
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

emmetryan

Great double for Ballymun last night. I have tactical analysis and video of the presentation here http://action81.com/blog/?p=6387

Declan

Spot on there Emmet- very good analysis

emmetryan

fitzroyalty

Will Ballinderry/Errigal be on tg4 this weekend?

drici

Kilmacud Crokes v Oulart the Ballagh   live

Naomh Conaill v Naomh Adhamhnáin   live

NAG1

We couldnt stand another Sunday of watching that pedestrian football. Its a bad day when the soccer appears to be more lively on the other side.

Onthe40

Have to agree, last few club finals has been dire stuff to be honest.

emmetryan

I genuinely enjoyed the Cork one, pity the Dublin one wasn't live as that was a cracker. Haven't watched the Kerry one yet, going to look at it this evening.

GalwayBayBoy

County finals this time of year are often awful to watch due to the weather unfortunately. Lost count of the amount of times I've seen finals ruined by strong winds and rain in late October/early November.

NAG1

Age old question of why it has taken to now to get them played then, very litte excuse with most counties now having flood lights capable of holding games under.

Farrandeelin

What time will the games be getting underway at on Sunday do you know drici?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.