Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Seen 'The Gentlemen'.

Took a wile to get going, but was class in the end.  Hugh Grant was superb as the sleazy photographer and the fella , he he was interviewing, was as cool as hell.

I had a Matthew McConnaghy hard on this week, so I watched a Time to Kill. Great show. Some amount of great actors and actresses in it. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Art Mc Crory's Sofa on January 15, 2020, 02:50:08 PM
Seen 1917. In a film almost universally centred around 2 characters it's bizarre that Mendes picks two guys who can't act. Richard Madden is especially poor as well. Set design is second to none though.
I thought the film was excellent. Didn't think the 2 young lads were too bad but Madden couldn't seem to nail the accent which did jar a bit, but overall didn't ruin the experience as he's only in the film for about 5 mins. The long shot technique was impressively executed and the "sets" were outstanding.

screenexile

Anybody seen Jojo Rabbit??

Anyone who gets over the Hitler thing seems to like it I've seen a couple of Waititi's films before and enjoyed them I'm hoping this is good.

Capt Pat

Jojo rabbit got 6 oscar nominations. It is well worth watching in my opinion. I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist. The war was a long time ago.

J70

Watched Parasite last night.

Very funny, dark, tense. One of the best I've seen in a while.

charlieTully

Quote from: screenexile on January 15, 2020, 05:17:08 PM
Anybody seen Jojo Rabbit??

Anyone who gets over the Hitler thing seems to like it I've seen a couple of Waititi's films before and enjoyed them I'm hoping this is good.

I really enjoyed. Dark humour and very moving at the same time.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J70 on February 15, 2020, 12:21:07 PM

Same as. Thought it was excellent.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 15, 2020, 11:16:45 PM

Just back from watching it, super film.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 16, 2020, 12:23:54 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 15, 2020, 11:16:45 PM

Just back from watching it, super film.
+1. Class. I hope the subs don't put people off as it's just a good movie in any language.

Rois

If you or any of your nearest and dearest think of going to see Emma (Jane Austen film), don't bother.

Milltown Row2

Just watched Lost lives on BBC 1, horrific.

No doubt AFM will be on to tell me yo fuvk up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 15, 2020, 05:00:27 PM
Seen 1917. In a film almost universally centred around 2 characters it's bizarre that Mendes picks two guys who can't act. Richard Madden is especially poor as well. Set design is second to none though.
I thought the film was excellent. Didn't think the 2 young lads were too bad but Madden couldn't seem to nail the accent which did jar a bit, but overall didn't ruin the experience as he's only in the film for about 5 mins. The long shot technique was impressively executed and the "sets" were outstanding.

1917 Cinematography was very good.
The story line was similar to Saving Private Ryan but not as good. There is a great story for the movie but did not come across on the screen.   6/10

Watched JoJo Rabbit and thought it was incredible. Taking a serious and heartbreaking scenario from WW2 and making it into a comedy-drama. The chubby little kid with the glasses made the movie with his few lines and would love to see him as a featured actor in a movie or tv show.  8.5/10

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2020, 10:52:40 PM
Just watched Lost lives on BBC 1, horrific.

No doubt AFM will be on to tell me yo fuvk up

Was that last night?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 17, 2020, 03:00:49 AM

The story line was similar to Saving Private Ryan but not as good. There is a great story for the movie but did not come across on the screen.   6/10

Watched JoJo Rabbit and thought it was incredible. Taking a serious and heartbreaking scenario from WW2 and making it into a comedy-drama. The chubby little kid with the glasses made the movie with his few lines and would love to see him as a featured actor in a movie or tv show.  8.5/10

1917 is overrated. Enjoyed the start but it soon became dull.
There is zero emotional attachment to the fact the first wave of lads all go over the top for no reason. No-one seems to give 2 shits. Gallipoli is a far better world war 1 film

nrico2006

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 17, 2020, 09:37:52 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on February 17, 2020, 03:00:49 AM

1917 is overrated. Enjoyed the start but it soon became dull.
There is zero emotional attachment to the fact the first wave of lads all go over the top for no reason. No-one seems to give 2 shits. Gallipoli is a far better world war 1 film

Definitely overrated.  Average enough.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'