Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: Moonshine on November 03, 2019, 11:37:41 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 03, 2019, 10:10:35 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 03, 2019, 08:32:04 PM
I think penalties after a replay would be a fair enough outcome. I have sympathy for the Rock and Trillick going out on penalties first day out but that social media post from the Rock is embarrassing.

Agreed. The Rock come across as sore losers. Would there have been an outcry if they'd won on penalties? I don't mind the winner on the day stipulation. Though I don't see why it's restricted to the same 5 over and over again.

I'd imagine all teams would of had to agree to penalties prior to game? Maybe both thought they were going to win?

Disappointing thought trillick would of joined us on the ulster honours list this year.

Local expert/tintown thoughts on your clubs behaviour towards ref today  ;) embarrassing to say the least but I suppose nothing knew their.. does the 3rd chuckle brother get another year  surely he will be out in his ear after that today. Before you rattle on yes we would rather of won 4 weeks ago

Fair play to the two teams responsible for the two worst performances in the senior championship this year making the league final....

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on November 03, 2019, 11:00:04 PM
I think penalties after a replay would be a fair enough outcome. I have sympathy for the Rock and Trillick going out on penalties first day out but that social media post from the Rock is embarrassing.

100% embarrassing.

What was the post? (Not a social media user!)

Under Lights

Errigal would have won that game, have no doubt.

clarshack

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 04, 2019, 09:56:19 AM

100% embarrassing.

"The GAA needs to take a good look at itself, two Tyrone teams were eliminated from Ulster Championship games over the weekend on penalties, ourselves and now Trillick....no GAA match should ever be decided on penalties, next thing we will be having corner kicks and no handball. At the very worst another five minutes each way should be played. Remember the famous Dublin v Meath saga.....no penalties needed there.....battle until the end. We definitely need to stand up against this soccer rule coming into our game."

giveherlong

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2019, 10:24:56 AM

I agree
Was a favourable draw
If you can't beat the Fermanagh champions over 60 mins and extra time no point crying about it
Trillick had their chance and didn't grab it

Tintown rattler

Quote from: Under Lights on November 04, 2019, 10:24:56 AM

If it was a league game they would have walked it. Nothing "knew " there though eh moonshine.

LeoMc

Agreed. The Rock come across as sore losers. Would there have been an outcry if they'd won on penalties? I don't mind the winner on the day stipulation. Though I don't see why it's restricted to the same 5 over and over again.

I'd imagine all teams would of had to agree to penalties prior to game? Maybe both thought they were going to win?

Disappointing thought trillick would of joined us on the ulster honours list this year.

Local expert/tintown thoughts on your clubs behaviour towards ref today  ;) embarrassing to say the least but I suppose nothing knew their.. does the 3rd chuckle brother get another year  surely he will be out in his ear after that today. Before you rattle on yes we would rather of won 4 weeks ago
<Shakes head>

LeoMc

Thought that was strange. I was wondering why Brennan was back up again.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: clarshack on November 04, 2019, 10:39:15 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 04, 2019, 09:56:19 AM

100% embarrassing.

"The GAA needs to take a good look at itself, two Tyrone teams were eliminated from Ulster Championship games over the weekend on penalties, ourselves and now Trillick....no GAA match should ever be decided on penalties, next thing we will be having corner kicks and no handball. At the very worst another five minutes each way should be played. Remember the famous Dublin v Meath saga.....no penalties needed there.....battle until the end. We definitely need to stand up against this soccer rule coming into our game."

Thanks!

Not great from the Rock - they won't get too much sympathy alright.

Not overly keen on penalties personally, neither 45s....for sake of variety, maybe GAA could go first to 3 points wins - beit goal or 3 points. Would provide a winner and maybe leave room for some spectacular knife edge finishes?

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on October 21, 2019, 01:05:09 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 21, 2019, 11:18:25 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 21, 2019, 11:10:56 AM
Quiet on this board this morning.

Leagues coming to completion now. Looks like top 4 will remain top 4 in D1 with Edendork v Eglish in the relegation playoff....interestingly they are actually due to play each other in the league too in final round.

D2 playoff teams is anyone call right now. Still can't believe Cookstown are staring at relegation playoffs to Junior Football. Shocking to be honest.

Would any of the junior clubs have it in them to beat the D2 playoff winners? Cookstown v Kildress to go up / down remains a possibility.

Cookstown with 2 tough games to play as well. Away to Beragh and Galbally.

Would be a game id love to see happen as it would mean we where one game away from getting back to 2 quickly after the disappointment of county final. However it will be a big ask as we where defeated by everyone in playoff places in the league but I would still be confident if things went our way we would have the ability to do it.

Cookstown in serious diffs as they probably would have looked at the Galbally game as two handy points if they had the league wrapped up but Lough threw the spanner in the works. Also heard rumours all not well in the camp with players walking out during game last day out. My heart bleeds!  ;D

Great performance from our lads yesterday to go to a difficult place and win comfortably. Sets up another ding dong battle with Kileeshil who will be out for revenge after championship defeat in a great game of football where they performed well but where on the wrong side of the result.

50-50 this one but hope we can do it as the potential prize of a game against them townies may await!

chieftain

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 03, 2019, 10:53:49 PM
Meanwhile, back within the county Errigal Ciaran & Dromore will meet in the ACL Division 1 league final...

Coalisland 1-10 Errigal Ciaran 4-9
Clonoe 0-9 Dromore 1-10

...whilst in Division 3, Killeeshil and Kildress will meet in the promotion play-off final having accounted for Brocagh & Castlederg...

Castlederg 0-5 Kildress 1-14
Killeeshil 0-18 Brocagh 0-7

...Division 1 league final is tentatively down for this Saturday at 2pm (venue TBA), at the same time Eglish will host Edendork in the Division 1 relegation play-off, with the loser demoted to Division 2 for 2020.

On Sunday is the final round of league games in Division 2...

Augher vs. Strabane
Beragh vs. Loughmacrory
Galbally vs. Cookstown
Gortin vs. Clogher
Moortown vs. Newtownstewart
Owen Roes vs. Stewartstown
Pomeroy vs. Greencastle

Throw-in is down for all games at 2.30pm, while if any reserve games happen then they're down for 1pm. Urney & Aghyaran brought their tie forward to yesterday (Saturday) and an already relegated Urney won 3-13 to 2-14.

A win against Cookstown will guarantee a league & championship double for Galbally, but anything else could see Loughmacrory (whom beat Galbally on head to head) finish on top, while a win for Pomeroy against Greencastle could still mathematically see them involved in a play-off - however the stars would have to align towards a three-way tie on final league points for that to happen as Pomeroy were defeated by both Galbally & Loughmacrory in earlier league rounds. Due to Loughmacrory's walkover vs. Strabane, score difference will not apply in that scenario! However, a Pomeroy win and a loss by Loughmacrory to Beragh would see Pomeroy finish second behind Galbally and take an automatic promotion spot! Ooh err!

Down at the foot, both Stewartstown and Strabane require at least a draw to ensure they don't become entangled in relegation play-offs, while a win for either Newtownstewart or Cookstown could end up with a mix of permutations - however, it looks likely both sides will play each other in the Division 2 relegation play-off, with the winners meeting either Killeeshil or Kildress.

As for the rest, Clogher & Owen Roes already have promotion play-off spots secured, but the final sixth-placed spot is wide open and I'm not going to start breaking that one down! :o

Also, for whatever reason, Rock vs. Glenelly is down also for Sunday as the only unfulfilled Division 3 league tie. If it happens, 1pm Reserve & 2.30pm Senior. The more important Division 3 tie, being the promotion play-off tie between Killeeshil and Kildress, is down for 2pm (neutral venue, TBA).

Still to be fixed - both the senior reserve & junior reserve championship knockout finals between Omagh vs. Errigal Ciaran and Rock vs. Drumragh.

Finally, all the best to Dungannon in the Ulster club IHC final against St. Enda's of Antrim this coming Saturday, throw-in is 4pm in Owenbeg.

Great post.

Junior reserve final fixed for weekend of 16th November.. What a shambles that is. Not one county senior involved in junior this year and fixtures still being played in mid November.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: chieftain on November 04, 2019, 12:30:15 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 03, 2019, 10:53:49 PM
Meanwhile, back within the county Errigal Ciaran & Dromore will meet in the ACL Division 1 league final...

Coalisland 1-10 Errigal Ciaran 4-9
Clonoe 0-9 Dromore 1-10

...whilst in Division 3, Killeeshil and Kildress will meet in the promotion play-off final having accounted for Brocagh & Castlederg...

Castlederg 0-5 Kildress 1-14
Killeeshil 0-18 Brocagh 0-7

...Division 1 league final is tentatively down for this Saturday at 2pm (venue TBA), at the same time Eglish will host Edendork in the Division 1 relegation play-off, with the loser demoted to Division 2 for 2020.

On Sunday is the final round of league games in Division 2...

Augher vs. Strabane
Beragh vs. Loughmacrory
Galbally vs. Cookstown
Gortin vs. Clogher
Moortown vs. Newtownstewart
Owen Roes vs. Stewartstown
Pomeroy vs. Greencastle

Throw-in is down for all games at 2.30pm, while if any reserve games happen then they're down for 1pm. Urney & Aghyaran brought their tie forward to yesterday (Saturday) and an already relegated Urney won 3-13 to 2-14.

A win against Cookstown will guarantee a league & championship double for Galbally, but anything else could see Loughmacrory (whom beat Galbally on head to head) finish on top, while a win for Pomeroy against Greencastle could still mathematically see them involved in a play-off - however the stars would have to align towards a three-way tie on final league points for that to happen as Pomeroy were defeated by both Galbally & Loughmacrory in earlier league rounds. Due to Loughmacrory's walkover vs. Strabane, score difference will not apply in that scenario! However, a Pomeroy win and a loss by Loughmacrory to Beragh would see Pomeroy finish second behind Galbally and take an automatic promotion spot! Ooh err!

Down at the foot, both Stewartstown and Strabane require at least a draw to ensure they don't become entangled in relegation play-offs, while a win for either Newtownstewart or Cookstown could end up with a mix of permutations - however, it looks likely both sides will play each other in the Division 2 relegation play-off, with the winners meeting either Killeeshil or Kildress.

As for the rest, Clogher & Owen Roes already have promotion play-off spots secured, but the final sixth-placed spot is wide open and I'm not going to start breaking that one down! :o

Also, for whatever reason, Rock vs. Glenelly is down also for Sunday as the only unfulfilled Division 3 league tie. If it happens, 1pm Reserve & 2.30pm Senior. The more important Division 3 tie, being the promotion play-off tie between Killeeshil and Kildress, is down for 2pm (neutral venue, TBA).

Still to be fixed - both the senior reserve & junior reserve championship knockout finals between Omagh vs. Errigal Ciaran and Rock vs. Drumragh.

Finally, all the best to Dungannon in the Ulster club IHC final against St. Enda's of Antrim this coming Saturday, throw-in is 4pm in Owenbeg.

Great post.

Junior reserve final fixed for weekend of 16th November.. What a shambles that is. Not one county senior involved in junior this year and fixtures still being played in mid November.

Shows that Eunan Lindsay isn't capable of running the CCC.  I can't for the life of me how he got the job in the first place.  Imagine that as a future County Board Chairperson.  I'd love to see a shake up in Gravaghy, Jobs for the boys that's all it is.
Living the dream!!!

Moonshine

Quote from: Localexpert on November 04, 2019, 07:22:10 AM

Fair play to the two teams responsible for the two worst performances in the senior championship this year making the league final....

Hard not to agree with you here!!

WT4E

Compare the Rock Facebook post with Trillicks. I really the krock should take it down.  :-[

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2019, 07:26:31 PM
Rock have had their day on social media.

The f**king state of this. They come across as a bunch of wankers. Some jump from penalties to soccer. If I was from the Rock I'd be embarrassed.