Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Can we please keep the Dublin funding debate over in the Dublin GAA money thread as it has been the argument has been beaten to death at this stage?

highorlow

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0807/1067354-gaa-admit-learnings-to-be-taken-over-ticket-chaos/

The tickets for both semi finals ought to have gone on sale before last weekend and let people take risk on the outcome.

I believe 6 tickets were allowed per person in the shops, there will be some amount of touting done on Saturday morning.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

A sensible 2 weeks between the last round of Qtr Finals would have helped.
Also allowing 6 tickets per buyer is crazy stuff.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2019, 11:10:45 AM

I got my ticket on-line. What was the limit for on-line purchases?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hound

Quote from: highorlow on August 09, 2019, 10:50:45 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0807/1067354-gaa-admit-learnings-to-be-taken-over-ticket-chaos/

The tickets for both semi finals ought to have gone on sale before last weekend and let people take risk on the outcome.

I believe 6 tickets were allowed per person in the shops, there will be some amount of touting done on Saturday morning.
Really! The GAA would have got a helluva lot more grief if that was the case. Ask Mayo and Donegal fans to buy tickets not knowing which of them was going to qualify?! The uproar would have been unreal, especially with Dublin almost sure they'd be in the Saturday game. Not a sensible suggestion IMO.

The biggest problem this week has been tickets.ie introduced a new system and that caused all the delays with SuperValu/Centra and website. tickets.ie are a far better organisation that than other shower, so hopefully GAA will give them another chance as it's the first time I'm aware that they fecked things up. Nobody wants to be paying ticketbasthad extortionate service charges.

The one week turnaround of course has to be changed. But without the "systems failure" the ticket distribution would have been much smoother and there would have been no furore.

under the bar

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 09, 2019, 10:18:23 AM
Can we please keep the Dublin funding debate over in the Dublin GAA money thread as it has been the argument has been beaten to death at this stage?

Is there a thread for the Dubs giving county referees  fat brown envelopes for advising in behind closed doors games how to bend the black card rules?

thebackbar1

Quote from: highorlow on August 09, 2019, 10:50:45 AM

I can't understand how Alan Milton is defending tickets.ie, it seems they messed up royally. Its 2019 the level of traffic directed at tickets.ie should of been a piece of cake to them if their application was properly designed.

Every club member in Dublin/Mayo/Cork should of had the option to buy tickets on line at 9am on Monday morning, then at 9pm tickets should of been opened up to grma members who had attended matches this year, then at 12pm on Tuesday tickets could of been placed on general sale online. I know this mechanism wouldn't accommodate people who don't use the internet, but they could still be accommodated through each clubs allocation.

t_mac

Families not allowed to go and sit together?

Rossfan

Wouldn't Families be buying 2 adult and a few child tickets, not 6 adult tickets.

Red card for back bar
Its
SHOULD HAVE.
Where has this "should OF" come from?

Hound

Quote from: t_mac on August 09, 2019, 12:15:05 PM

Families not allowed to go and sit together?
I got 12 together online for a semi-final one year for my family!

Anyone buying off a tout for this match fully deserves to get fleeced. There were plenty of tickets online and in the shops, you may have just needed a bit extra perseverance! Lots of stories about people getting nowhere the first day, but anyone who tried again the following day got sorted. Even yesterday there were tickets available on tickets.ie

Most of the moaners aren't even people directly involved. They're just jumping on the bandwagon of the next great outrage. There was some hassle for some people, but really it was not crazy big deal, like some are making out. Mistakes were made, but everyone who tried hard got sorted.

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2019, 12:21:07 PM
Wouldn't Families be buying 2 adult and a few child tickets, not 6 adult tickets.

Red card for back bar
Its
SHOULD HAVE.
Where has this "should OF" come from?

Kids tickets are very limited, also it's possible to have kids over 16 who still go to matches with the oul ones.

t_mac

It is also possible to have a family of uncles, aunties, in-laws etc. ;)

tml73

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 09, 2019, 11:15:38 AM

I got my ticket on-line. What was the limit for on-line purchases?

TheGreatest

Meant to rain all day tomorrow, it will suit Mayo, Dublin being the more skillful team and better kick passers and their attacking game will be affected by the rain.

Could be a tight one.

Rossfan

Quote from: t_mac on August 09, 2019, 12:38:48 PM
It is also possible to have a family of uncles, aunties, in-laws etc. ;)
Do you really need to (or want to ;D) sit beside all of them?