WHY DONT GAA PROMOTE CLUB GAME AND GIVE IT A BIG PLATFORM

Started by irish345, September 09, 2018, 07:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish345

All this talk of counties merging and counties splitting why not do more to promote the club game and maybe restructure the all ireland club championship maybe a 32 team open tournament for all county champions get rid of provincial championships have it like old european club champions cup you could bring in teams outside ireland too.

have games live on rte2 on friday nights saturday and sunday  with a final on a saturday at like 4pm

irish345

make the club championship something big give it big platform

From the Bunker

TG4 do a decent enough job. To be fair most of us are not interested in games club outside our county.

BennyHarp

Quote from: irish345 on September 09, 2018, 07:49:08 AM
All this talk of counties merging and counties splitting why not do more to promote the club game and maybe restructure the all ireland club championship maybe a 32 team open tournament for all county champions get rid of provincial championships have it like old european club champions cup you could bring in teams outside ireland too.

have games live on rte2 on friday nights saturday and sunday  with a final on a saturday at like 4pm

I don't think there's any need to get rid of the provincial club championship.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 09, 2018, 10:36:13 AM
TG4 do a decent enough job. To be fair most of us are not interested in games club outside our county.
+1.
Also we should keep the Provincials Clubs Championships.
At least they're not as lopsided ad the County ones.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

It's probably unfair to have a club from Donegal travelling to Cork for a c'ship game, with all the cost that that involves. Very few clubs would need an overnight stay for a provincial tie.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on September 09, 2018, 11:24:29 AM
It's probably unfair to have a club from Donegal travelling to Cork for a c'ship game, with all the cost that that involves. Very few clubs would need an overnight stay for a provincial tie.

+1 The provincial system is sound for club. Easier more accessible games for both Team and fans. Plus there is a midway challenge of winning another title!

thewobbler

Show me a single club game in history, anywhere, that needed a "full house" sign, and then this conversation can begin.

Until then you're confusing your personal interests and preferences with that of the general public.

Syferus

The provincial championships are probably the best competitions in club. A lot of county championships have a lot of fluff games that aren't of much interest to supporters.

brokencrossbar1

Club provincial championships are brilliant. The best games I was ever involved in were battles versus the likes of bellaghy and ballinderry. The club championship is brilliant as it is and should only be encouraged but not changed. I still believe the club finals should be maintained on st Patrick's day.

Christmas Lights

Is this your Jerry Maguire moment? Lay off the alcohol mate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 09, 2018, 05:39:31 PM
Club provincial championships are brilliant. The best games I was ever involved in were battles versus the likes of bellaghy and ballinderry. The club championship is brilliant as it is and should only be encouraged but not changed. I still believe the club finals should be maintained on st Patrick's day.

The format is perfect, why change it? BC1 and others who have experienced it at the different levels will cherish those moments of being in Croker as a player/supporter/parent or management.

Tg4 do a great job, I personally love these club games coming up, the intensity is hard to beat.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ball Hopper

Did the move to finish the club championships in the same calendar year fall by the wayside?

Not heard anything about it lately.

Eamonnca1

Nothing wrong with the current format. The only change I'd make is work with Bord Fáilte to promote the All-Ireland club finals on St Paddy's day as a tourist attraction. Croke Park should be full when those matches are on. Tourists want a genuine Irish experience, and it doesn't get more genuine than that.

haranguerer

Club is the future. Holds much more interest and intrigue than county.