Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Brexit is driven by the losers of the English economy who live outside the metro areas in towns where the only new jobs available are crap. For them Brexit is an issue of pride.
The tories have to fix this

the DUP on the other hand got a gold plated deal to put NI in the Single Market and give it a huge competitive advantage over Scotland and England and they turn up their noses at it. you could not make it up.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Quote from: Solo_run on November 16, 2018, 10:23:29 AM
When she just scraped the general election she was a deadwoman walking but managed to survive.

I can't help but wonder if her intentions at the time was to get the party to support her and see what deal could be made with the EU. If the deal was good then it would make her position safe but if it was viewed as a bad deal then she would be fighting to remain PM.

Now that she has got a deal that does not satisfy many of the brexiteers I am wondering if they want another general election so the poison chalice can be passed on to Labour. I think whatever party sees this brexit deal through will be ruined in the long run.

Labour needs to ditch Jeremy Corbyn before it can even think of winning an election. I respect him and much of what he stands for but he is unelectable as PM.

Solo_run

Quote from: lenny on November 16, 2018, 10:36:42 AM
When she just scraped the general election she was a deadwoman walking but managed to survive.

I can't help but wonder if her intentions at the time was to get the party to support her and see what deal could be made with the EU. If the deal was good then it would make her position safe but if it was viewed as a bad deal then she would be fighting to remain PM.

Now that she has got a deal that does not satisfy many of the brexiteers I am wondering if they want another general election so the poison chalice can be passed on to Labour. I think whatever party sees this brexit deal through will be ruined in the long run.

Labour needs to ditch Jeremy Corbyn before it can even think of winning an election. I respect him and much of what he stands for but he is unelectable as PM.

The public for years have banged on about having a politician that is honest. In comes Jeremy and all people seem to do is slate him.

My only gripe with Corbyn is that he is making too many promises I do not think he can keep.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 16, 2018, 12:40:13 AMbut business people tend to be less doctrinaire and more pragmatic.

The difference is, wee Jeffrey and his crowd won't be the ones having to give their people the tap on the shoulder and tell them they no longer have a job because the business can no longer get goods to the EU market.

Probably the hardest part of running a business. Shouldering your responsibility for being a stable and secure provider for your workers.
i usse an speelchekor

maddog

Quote from: Solo_run on November 16, 2018, 10:43:35 AM
Quote from: lenny on November 16, 2018, 10:36:42 AM

The public for years have banged on about having a politician that is honest. In comes Jeremy and all people seem to do is slate him.

My only gripe with Corbyn is that he is making too many promises I do not think he can keep.

Yes more or less labelled as a lunatic. I can't fathom people that i listen to repeating this rhetoric that haven't a pot to piss in. Surely if the Tories haven't helped you then look elsewhere.

nrico2006

Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2018, 06:24:19 AM
For some reason the DUP want to leave the EU AND they don't want a hard border.
Imagine Mickey Harte pre AIF saying he wanted to win the All Ireland plus 5 marquee forwards.
Everyone would be laughing at him.
How did the DUP get away with its nonsense?

Do they not want a hard border?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossfan

I think  May has 2 things in her favour-
The Tory rebels are mainly spineless
What will anyone else do?
The EU aren't going to tear up 17 months of negotiations and say "damn we got it wrong" so the same alternatives will face any new leader or Government
The negotiated deal
No deal
Stay in the EU.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Some people are wondering where Boris Johnson is.

last seen

Applesisapples

Quote from: Main Street on November 16, 2018, 11:51:31 AM
Some people are wondering where Boris Johnson is.

last seen

Looks more like Sammy Wilson

GJL

Too many garments for Sammy!

Applesisapples

Where did Ben Lowry come from...muppet.

maddog

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 16, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Out of Ruth Dudley Edwards i'd say

armaghniac

Quote from: maddog on November 16, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

Dudley Edwards is odious, but even she sees the positive role on the EU in NI. She might find herself like Cruise O'Brien, pandering to the unionists but eventually realising it isn't worth it and telling them to do a deal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

weareros

His mug is everywhere. The rate he's going, he'll show up on Sunday Game yet.

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on November 16, 2018, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: maddog on November 16, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

Dudley Edwards is odious, but even she sees the positive role on the EU in NI. She might find herself like Cruise O'Brien, pandering to the unionists but eventually realising it isn't worth it and telling them to do a deal.

But did the unionists eventually tell Conor Cruise to f off and mind his own business?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians