12 (10.7%)
5-10 pts
38 (33.9%)
10+ pts
36 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Voting closed: December 19, 2020, 08:56:37 AM

dublin7

Mayo are going into this game battle hardened with nothing to lose and it's a free hit for them. Horan has plenty of experience as he has been here before while It's Dessie Farrell's 1st final and the dubs even by there standards have strolled into the final without being tested.

While I think the dubs will win I don't think they'll stroll it like people are predicting. If Mayo can start well and get an early lead I think they'll have a great chance.

Halfquarter

Quote from: dublin7 on December 11, 2020, 07:20:21 PM
Mayo are going into this game battle hardened with nothing to lose and it's a free hit for them. Horan has plenty of experience as he has been here before while It's Dessie Farrell's 1st final and the dubs even by there standards have strolled into the final without being tested.

While I think the dubs will win I don't think they'll stroll it like people are predicting. If Mayo can start well and get an early lead I think they'll have a great chance.

All of the above might be true, but at the end of the day Dublin will win pulling up.

ballinaman

Apologies if covered already ...any reason for the game being on Saturday at half 5 instead of Sunday?

From the Bunker

Despite the difference in money and sponsorship between the two teams. One who has reached the promised land recently and the other who has had a few chances in the last decade or so of finally getting their hands on the holy grail, but not sealing the deal. Hard to believe it is something they have not done since the '50's! All the same Waterford have a great chance this weekend!

macdanger2

Quote from: dublin7 on December 11, 2020, 07:20:21 PM

"battle hardened"?  ;D ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossfan

Quote from: ballinaman on December 11, 2020, 09:43:25 PM
Apologies if covered already ...any reason for the game being on Saturday at half 5 instead of Sunday?
So the Dublin lads can have a good lie in and to make it as awkward as possible for the Rhubarbs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Halfquarter

I think it starts at 5 pm on Saturday, wouldn't want you to miss the first few Dublin goals !

ballinaman

Quote from: Halfquarter on December 12, 2020, 12:12:48 PM

I think it starts at 5 pm on Saturday, wouldn't want you to miss the first few Dublin goals !
I'd be just in time for the gallant fight back against the AIG blue Dubs franchise

larryin89

Dublin by a massive margin . in fairness to the players of Dublin I pity what they are going to have to listen to if they do annihilate  us which I do expect them to do.  Football is obviously not an exact science but Fenton against our midfield and con o callaghan against our FB line , holy God it's scary thinking about it . Keegan is playing rubbish and I just dont see what people are raving about as if chris barrett is safe as houses , hes not , well past it . Mullen is a great prospect but again his man marking is poor . Clarkes kickouts , I have this awful thought of us conceding lots of goals early and Clarke losing the plot completely kicking balls into Dublin attackers chest .

16 plus in favour of Dublin,  you heard it here first .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Mayo Border

Larry. . . Yea but tell us what you really think

galwayman

Quote from: larryin89 on December 12, 2020, 06:27:12 PM
Dublin by a massive margin . in fairness to the players of Dublin I pity what they are going to have to listen to if they do annihilate  us which I do expect them to do.  Football is obviously not an exact science but Fenton against our midfield and con o callaghan against our FB line , holy God it's scary thinking about it . Keegan is playing rubbish and I just dont see what people are raving about as if chris barrett is safe as houses , hes not , well past it . Mullen is a great prospect but again his man marking is poor . Clarkes kickouts , I have this awful thought of us conceding lots of goals early and Clarke losing the plot completely kicking balls into Dublin attackers chest .

If you give me odds on Mayo +16 I'd bite your hand off!

thejuice

Sorry but you're not the first. It's going to be competitive for most of the first half and once the Dubs get a few points up and then the first goal goes in an it will suddenly dawn on the Mayo players that there's no way of getting back into it and it'll be steady procession towards the inevitable Dublin win by whatever number takes their fancy.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

larryin89

Quote from: thejuice on December 12, 2020, 07:09:44 PM

Sorry but you're not the first. It's going to be competitive for most of the first half and once the Dubs get a few points up and then the first goal goes in an it will suddenly dawn on the Mayo players that there's no way of getting back into it and it'll be steady procession towards the inevitable Dublin win by whatever number takes their fancy.
Will we all give up predicting though if mayo went out and beat Dublin?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .