Tyrone V Antrim - 25th May.

Started by Goals_Will_Come, May 12, 2019, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Job done in the first half and some lovely scores. Richard Donnelly had a great game but not really too much to read into it.

Our attacking play was sharp and crisp, our finishing was good but it was easy out there, we won't be getting that type of time and space on the ball from here on in.

Antrim had a few very good ball carriers in the middle of the pitch and it was a cause for concern the openings on goal they created when they moved the ball directly and ran at us. Cavanagh didn't play as a sweeper today, he had a solid enough game but we looked very open at the back.

We have a few injuries at the minute, I'm not sure how serious but we had the likes of McGeary, Meyler, Kennedy, McKernan and Mulgrew not involved.

I was a bit disappointed in Grugan's showing, was hoping he could state a real claim but he made a few mistakes on the ball and didn't really impose himself too much otherwise.

Great to see Skeet so sharp after a serious injury.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

NotedObserver

Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2019, 08:57:55 PM
Job done in the first half and some lovely scores. Richard Donnelly had a great game but not really too much to read into it.

Our attacking play was sharp and crisp, our finishing was good but it was easy out there, we won't be getting that type of time and space on the ball from here on in.

Antrim had a few very good ball carriers in the middle of the pitch and it was a cause for concern the openings on goal they created when they moved the ball directly and ran at us. Cavanagh didn't play as a sweeper today, he had a solid enough game but we looked very open at the back.

We have a few injuries at the minute, I'm not sure how serious but we had the likes of McGeary, Meyler, Kennedy, McKernan and Mulgrew not involved.

I was a bit disappointed in Grugan's showing, was hoping he could state a real claim but he made a few mistakes on the ball and didn't really impose himself too much otherwise.

Agree Grugan missed a shot and couple of mistakes and was generally quiet. He's been out a while so hope he keeps giving it a go as plenty of ability. Sludden needs a big game next day out I feel. Hampsey carrying an injury?

Orior

Why no St Galls or Toome players on the Antrim team?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Also, yer mans fringe looks ridiculous. Mickey should do something about it.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Angelo

Quote from: NotedObserver on May 25, 2019, 09:19:21 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 25, 2019, 08:57:55 PM

Agree Grugan missed a shot and couple of mistakes and was generally quiet. He's been out a while so hope he keeps giving it a go as plenty of ability. Sludden needs a big game next day out I feel. Hampsey carrying an injury?

Peter Harte and Sludden come in for a lot of criticism of late. I thought Harte was very heavily involved yesterday and created a number of scores. Sludden was quieter but was still decent, even when not really on their game I think both still deserve their places, they are intelligent and selfless players and sometimes that means what they do goes unnoticed.

I felt a lot of the subs yesterday were maybe trying a little too hard when they came on, Coney had a few indulgent efforts, Grugan had a bad one as well but I suppose it was a game we were already home and hosed in and they just wanted to remind what they could do. I'd say they probably would be a bit more composed in a tighter game.

I was very impressed with the likes of the two Donnellys, McShane and Harte yesterday in how they efficient they were in front of the posts and how they consistently made the right choices in attack, they knew when the shot was on, when to lay it off or when to turn back. I think it's no surprise how sloppy we were in attack as they exited.

I'm reasonably confident ahead of a likely showdown with Donegal. Our attacking play has been crisp, efficient and effective - our composure and decision making looks to have improved on previous years. I have a few worries about us at the back as we have thrown the shackles off a little and look vulnerable to runners through the middle and Donegal have some very good players like McHugh, Gallagher, Brennan and O'Baoill in this regard so that's a worry. The fact we have more structure and variety to our attacking play makes me confident, I think we're a couple of years ahead of Donegal and this stage and I see us coming out in the closing stages - we have hit 1-14 and 2-16 from play in our opening games. We had 14 different scorers yesterday so that's impressive, granted we've played Div 4 opposition so the real test of where we are at is the next game.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL