Cavan v Tyrone - 5pm, Clones, Sat 6th July

Started by tyroneman, July 01, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2019, 12:45:55 AM
Just saw the box Meyler got early on. Christ it's brutal. Way beyond anything which McCann did.

But like O'Rourke would say it was a more manly act so it was grand.

tyrone08

Quote from: square_ball on July 07, 2019, 07:36:22 AM
Just saw the box Meyler got early on. Christ it's brutal. Way beyond anything which McCann did.

Cant believe the lack of mentioning it has gotten from papers etc. If a tyrone player done this there would be an uproar like never before. Diving is bad but that was an actual unprovoked assault on meyler

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 07, 2019, 11:18:58 AM

Cant believe the lack of mentioning it has gotten from papers etc. If a tyrone player done this there would be an uproar like never before. Diving is bad but that was an actual unprovoked assault on meyler

If he done it on the street he'd be arrested.

Estimator

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2019, 12:11:39 AM

Didn't see what Hartes black card was for,  was it harsh?

Seems like he was pinged for a trip. Similar to his previous black card against Donegal (open to correction on that).

To me Harte's technique is to plant his foot in front of the opposition player then follow with the shoulder charge. Nothing wrong with that unless it's misjudged (timing or speed or movement of attacker) and to the ref it looks like he has deliberately stuck his leg across attacking player and tripping him. Fully expect him to be playing next week.

Not sure how the linesman missed the challenge by McVeety. And a couple of yellows could have been blacks. The Cavan corner back ploughing straight into the Tyrone man on the sideline. Another ref could have deemed Cavanaghs challenge to be a black card.

Ulster League Champions 2009

Cavan19

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 07, 2019, 11:27:04 AM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 07, 2019, 11:18:58 AM

If he done it on the street he'd be arrested.

Is if up online anywhere?

HokeyPokey

I think in fairness, nothing is ever made of 'incidents' unless it's a 'high profile team'. They'll only every really highlight something when it's Tyrone, Dublin, Donegal, Mayo, Kerry or whoever is high profile at the time. Given that they are amateurs, it's pretty unfair that someone (well paid) can broadcast criticism nationally about an amateur.

They really need to take a zero tolerance approach with a lot of things. One thing that does my head in is teams slowing up play by a foul and then stopping the free being taken quickly. They should take a rugby attitude where you are punished for repeated infringements. For a lot of players, this is their lives, so you can't really expect them not to do everything it takes. So the laws need to change.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on July 06, 2019, 10:45:06 PM
I wouldn't read too much into this result if you are in super 8s waiting on Tyrone. Cavan were so bad today they may as well have been playing Wicklow. I was critical of Meath against Dublin and today was just as bad. All our boys wanted to do was get sent off, not up for the real fight. I'm actually shocked by that today and I can tell you I've been around a long time and seen some awful shit.

You can blame the 'Mickey Graham factor' for that rather shameful attitude of your lads yesterday, aided and abetted by rather woeful refereeing display, where a better referee would have nipped that right in the throw-in bud.

I can well understand the Cavan folks' bitter disappointment with that 'display' yesterday, they deserve so much better.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

McVitty should be on the receiving end of a lengthy ban after his behaviour yesterday. Disgraceful stuff.

giveballaghback

Tyrone supporters are now the football police, how ironic is that :-X

Itchy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 07, 2019, 03:25:23 PM
I wouldn't read too much into this result if you are in super 8s waiting on Tyrone. Cavan were so bad today they may as well have been playing Wicklow. I was critical of Meath against Dublin and today was just as bad. All our boys wanted to do was get sent off, not up for the real fight. I'm actually shocked by that today and I can tell you I've been around a long time and seen some awful shit.

You can blame the 'Mickey Graham factor' for that rather shameful attitude of your lads yesterday, aided and abetted by rather woeful refereeing display, where a better referee would have nipped that right in the throw-in bud.

I can well understand the Cavan folks' bitter disappointment with that 'display' yesterday, they deserve so much better.

I dont blame Mickey Graham for the dirty digs from cavan players, I blame the players themselves. That shite is not Graham way and Any one who knows the man knows that. However, I must say it's seriously ironic to be lectured on dirty acts by a Tyrone fan. However unlike a lot of Tyrone fans I'll call out the cavan players for their cowardice yesterday and I won't trawl the bottom of the barrel to defend them.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Itchy on July 07, 2019, 05:49:54 PM

I dont blame Mickey Graham for the dirty digs from cavan players, I blame the players themselves. That shite is not Graham way and Any one who knows the man knows that. However, I must say it's seriously ironic to be lectured on dirty acts by a Tyrone fan. However unlike a lot of Tyrone fans I'll call out the cavan players for their cowardice yesterday and I won't trawl the bottom of the barrel to defend them.

And so you should, the filthy cowards.

Itchy

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 07, 2019, 06:16:35 PM

In stark contrast to many other Ulster men who defend divers I might add.

tyrone08

Quote from: Itchy on July 07, 2019, 06:40:19 PM

Have never seen 1 tyrone fan defend someone diving. But seems in your view it's better to blind side a player with a punch to the jaw than dive. V.strange view that

Itchy

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 07, 2019, 06:57:05 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 07, 2019, 06:40:19 PM

Have never seen 1 tyrone fan defend someone diving. But seems in your view it's better to blind side a player with a punch to the jaw than dive. V.strange view that

Where did i say that you idiot. In fact I've completely condemned the acts of the cavan players involved and called them cowards for doing it.