?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on January 26, 2021, 11:52:57 AM
Imagine a manager publicly backing his player when really it's probably a tactic to boost confidence. He certainly didn't set the world alight when he joined and played under Rodgers. I'd criticise Lennon more for not getting rid of a few more of those dead wood type players. He's signing for Oostende, not Real Madrid.

Why did he single him out for praise when he was at Dundee so?

BRENDAN RODGERS reckons Dundee defender Jack Hendry could be a Scotland star in the making.

The 22 year-old centre half had an impressive game against Celtic today.

But Rodgers saw enough in the former Partick Thistle and Wigan stopper to see international potential in him.

He said: "The boy Hendry at the back I thought was excellent. He's quick and strong and is a good size.

"Scotland need centre halves and that looks like a good kid. He's tall, he can run and he can pass. He looks a talent.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

toby47

Neil Lennon confirms Celtic defender Jeremie Frimpong is "abroad" speaking to a club about a permanent transfer

"We received a really robust offer for him, we are disappointed to lose him but that's football"

"We did everything we could to try and entice the player to stay, but he made it clear a while ago that his ambition was to leave"

Seems like Bayern Leverkusen in Germany going by reports? Man City are also due to receive 30% of any fee.

Angelo

I shit you not. Lennon actually said this in the presser:

"We are disappointed to lose him. But he has come in for £300,000 and we could sell him for a huge amount of money but it is credit to the development of the player himself, myself and the coaches and what the club have done for him that a couple of top European clubs have shown interest in him."

He's actually taking credit for Frimpong?

But throws his players under a bus when they don't perform.

marty34

Quote from: toby47 on January 26, 2021, 02:03:02 PM
Neil Lennon confirms Celtic defender Jeremie Frimpong is "abroad" speaking to a club about a permanent transfer

"We received a really robust offer for him, we are disappointed to lose him but that's football"

"We did everything we could to try and entice the player to stay, but he made it clear a while ago that his ambition was to leave"

Seems like Bayern Leverkusen in Germany going by reports? Man City are also due to receive 30% of any fee.

Do clubs get 30% of the transfer fee or is that an add on on top of the fee?

toby47

Quote from: marty34 on January 26, 2021, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 26, 2021, 02:03:02 PM

Do clubs get 30% of the transfer fee or is that an add on on top of the fee?

The way I read it was Man City get 30% of any fee over £300k

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on January 26, 2021, 02:11:36 PM

"We are disappointed to lose him. But he has come in for £300,000 and we could sell him for a huge amount of money but it is credit to the development of the player himself, myself and the coaches and what the club have done for him that a couple of top European clubs have shown interest in him."

A manager taking credit for one of his players, imagine that, yet you try to take credit for Turnbull & Soro getting a game, not to mention blaming some Armagh folk for Lennon staying on as manager but that's 'normal'. Serenity now...

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 26, 2021, 02:54:07 PM

A manager taking credit for one of his players, imagine that, yet you try to take credit for Turnbull & Soro getting a game, not to mention blaming some Armagh folk for Lennon staying on as manager but that's 'normal'. Serenity now...

Lennon tries to take credit for selling a player while he presides over the worst season since the 90s for the club, when they were on for 10IAR and to compound matters has spent the entire season blaming players for the performances.

The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. Having little bots like you coming out defending disaster after disaster really takes any credibility away from anything you say.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on January 26, 2021, 02:57:49 PM

Lennon tries to take credit for selling a player while he presides over the worst season since the 90s for the club, when they were on for 10IAR and to compound matters has spent the entire season blaming players for the performances.

The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. Having little bots like you coming out defending disaster after disaster really takes any credibility away from anything you say.

You seriously talk about other people losing credibility?

bennydorano

Its not defending Lennon, he has failed. Its the incessant lunacy from you that needs checking at every turn.

charlieTully

RIP Joe. How strange in the year that it is.

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on January 26, 2021, 03:36:21 PM

Its not defending Lennon, he has failed. Its the incessant lunacy from you that needs checking at every turn.

Nothing lunacy about it.

He is taking credit for selling a player in the worst season in about thirty years, meanwhile he throws the same players under the bus everytime we have a  bad performance.

He is shamelessly hanging out to a job he is not fit for and anytime he is criticised you are the one coming in and defending him with absolute nonsense. In your world Lennon is immune from criticism.

JimStynes

RIP Dr Jo! Will forever be grateful for him bringing Lubo to Celtic Park

6th sam

I have disagreed with Angelo's opinion and approach and defended Lennon on many occasions , but it's now beyond a joke. Given Chelsea's ridiculous sacking of Lampard, how can Lennon remain in charge with his recent shocking record. I defended Lennon when it was appropriate but in a well paid job in a high profile club , there can be absolutely no rationale for NL staying in charge. Very bizarre that he remains in post, the only possible explanation is that He is only keeping the seat warm for a high profile new manager about to be announced

tonto1888

Quote from: 6th sam on January 26, 2021, 11:30:31 PM
I have disagreed with Angelo's opinion and approach and defended Lennon on many occasions , but it's now beyond a joke. Given Chelsea's ridiculous sacking of Lampard, how can Lennon remain in charge with his recent shocking record. I defended Lennon when it was appropriate but in a well paid job in a high profile club , there can be absolutely no rationale for NL staying in charge. Very bizarre that he remains in post, the only possible explanation is that He is only keeping the seat warm for a high profile new manager about to be announced

I agree with most of this barring the last part. I hope it's true but actually think Celtic are that inept that they are keeping him because they think he can turn it around

themac_23

Neil Lennon press conferences are a shambles, he cant understand why there's public outcry at the league being over in January? wise up Neil and stop trying to make supporters look like fools. He has lost all credibility and is making our club a laughing stock, someone in the board needs to grow a set and show him the door, stick O'Dea and McManus in charge to the summer and work to have the right manager in place for then