NFL Div 3

Started by Catch and Kick, January 16, 2019, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on March 22, 2019, 01:27:38 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 22, 2019, 07:29:50 AM
It's only Div 3 lads - the big bananas don't care about us.

Betcha this wouldn't be tolerated in Div 1 or 2.
It wouldn't happen to elite counties because their players don't work full time jobs.

Hee hee.

laoislad

Laois Promoted

Carlow Rising Sinking :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

LooseCannon

Quote from: laoislad on March 24, 2019, 04:07:30 PM
Laois Promoted

Carlow Rising Sinking :D
Thank God. For their crimes against football alone, before taking their antics into account.

Solo_run

As it stands at the moment then

If Louth wins they take 1st place based on score difference and go up with Laois.
If Westmeath wins they take 1st place based on points difference and go up with Laois.
If Westmeath and Louth draw then it means Laois and Westmeath go up on superior score difference.

So next year Division 3 will have

Louth or Westmeath
Down
Cork
Tipperary
Derry
Leitrim
Offaly
Longford

Shamrock Shore

Delighted Offaly survived and Carlow didn't. Shame that Sligo were doomed and I hope to see them bounce back. They played nice football v us in Longford.

I hope never to see Carlow again. Their brand of football makes you want to cry.

Westmeath well worth their win today. We only had about 5 minutes of control. The rest was Westmeath and should have won by more.

Well done Laois and fair play to Louth. Having seen them the first day I thought they were for the kn**ker's yard.

Owenmoresider

See youse again, sometime.

Over the Bar

LooseCannon

An individual involved with Carlow is said to have done something disgusting after their clash against Leix today.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: LooseCannon on March 24, 2019, 10:08:38 PM
An individual involved with Carlow is said to have done something disgusting after their clash against Leix today.

Do tell LC. Just don't name him/her. Did they lob a greener at someone?

Nameless

He did. Everyone likes the lesser counties to do well but the way Carlow have gone about things has left them with few admirers. Especially from counties who've come up against them. A horrible, defensive, cynical and sometimes filthy game plan. This member of their management team is well known and his actions today were disgusting. Not only the aforementioned incident but running onto the pitch to get in the referees face when the game is still ongoing is unacceptable. I'm delighted Carlow have been sent back to division 4, it's where they belong. 

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 24, 2019, 05:49:49 PM
Delighted Offaly survived and Carlow didn't. Shame that Sligo were doomed and I hope to see them bounce back. They played nice football v us in Longford.

I hope never to see Carlow again. Their brand of football makes you want to cry.

Westmeath well worth their win today. We only had about 5 minutes of control. The rest was Westmeath and should have won by more.

Well done Laois and fair play to Louth. Having seen them the first day I thought they were for the kn**ker's yard.

Fair summation SS, we were all over the place on kickouts, which gave ye a foothold in the match. We must have lost most of our own in the first half and the few we did retain we invariably lost possession through poor transition into your half. Couldn't believe we didn't push up on your kickouts in the second half and let ye out so easy. Kickouts has been the one area we've really improved on this year, well until yesterday. We passed up an easy opportunity to kill the game early in the second half too before ye broke down the field to equalise, we don't like to make it easy for ourselves.

Great to see Heslin sharpen his edges and return to form, took some lovely points. Ger Egan was exceptional though, as he has been since the first game of the O'Byrne Cup. Being released from the shackles of midfield really suits his game. Boidu settling nicely into the corner back spot now and having Maguire back there beside him is a real assurance. Surprised at Smith going straight into the team but suppose we have to give him a chance, showed good energy. O'Toole is a great little poacher, brilliant awareness on the pitch.

As expected we need a result up in Drogheda, by all accounts Louth were very deserving winners up in Down so we have it all to do. Looking forward to the occasion though, if not the venue.

Like most, glad to see the back of Carlow from division 3 and not surprised to hear reports about the Carlow selector's antics. The worst display I ever witnessed on a sideline was from him 2 years ago in Cusack Park. He should have been put in the stands on numerous occasions, good riddance.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Blowitupref

Latest in the promotion decider Louth 1-4 Westmeath 1-5. Westmeath take the lead with a penalty. Game on here https://www.facebook.com/Westmeathgaaofficial/videos/401759690620421/
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Westmeath promoted with a draw.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 25, 2019, 12:31:13 PM
Ok. Here it goes again. I hope to be in Drogheda on Sunday - if only to prove that we are not as bad (even without the Mullinalaghta boys) as we were against Westmeath in O'Byrne Cup.

I think survival in Div 3 is the best we can hope for as we could be missing the Mullinalaghtas well into the campaign.

My predictions

Promoted

Westmeath and Laois

No Change
Longford, Down, Offaly, Louth,

Relegated
Carlow and Sligo

Anyone want Lotto numbers?