Triathlon

Started by FermGael, June 10, 2011, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Doing a Triathlon in the next month and have realised that the winter wetsuit is not best suited to the open water swim.
Taking the thing of and moving to the bike has been a disaster in my brick sessions.
Does anybody know of anywhere that hires out Tri Suits for races?
Would probably have to be in the north. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

HiMucker

Quote from: FermGael on June 10, 2011, 09:48:01 AM
Doing a Triathlon in the next month and have realised that the winter wetsuit is not best suited to the open water swim.
Taking the thing of and moving to the bike has been a disaster in my brick sessions.
I think most triathlons this time of year do not allow wet suits?

FermGael

Wet suits are compulsory in the one i am taking part in and short wet suits are allowed

haranguerer

Quote from: HiMucker on June 10, 2011, 11:35:37 AM
Quote from: FermGael on June 10, 2011, 09:48:01 AM
I think most triathlons this time of year do not allow wet suits?

??

Rois

I've a nice Roxy summer wetsuit you can borrow.  The people in the shop that sold it to me in Rossnowlagh neglected to tell me that it would be pretty useless for the majority of the year, esp if taking surfing lessons in the north Atlantic outside the months of June to Aug.

FermGael

Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2011, 12:11:12 PM
I've a nice Roxy summer wetsuit you can borrow.  The people in the shop that sold it to me in Rossnowlagh neglected to tell me that it would be pretty useless for the majority of the year, esp if taking surfing lessons in the north Atlantic outside the months of June to Aug.

Probably be to big for me  :P

I surf quite a bit so my winter wetsuit is great for that.  Not great for transistion and 750 meter sprint swims.

Rois

Quote from: FermGael on June 10, 2011, 12:19:09 PM
Quote from: Rois on June 10, 2011, 12:11:12 PM

Probably be to big for me  :P

I surf quite a bit so my winter wetsuit is great for that.  Not great for transistion and 750 meter sprint swims.

Ye wee fecker.  Offer withdrawn. 

heffo

Anyone planning on doing the Dublin Ironman 70.3 next August?

I volunteered at the one this year and it looked deadly so I'm signing up next month

haranguerer

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19881.105

This seems to be a more active relevant thread Heffo - maybe Ziggy or some of the other mods could merge them?

I've entered the Galway half. Its next June - plenty of work to do, I've only done one sprint til now. Good to have something to aim at though, hopefully I stay injury free...

Serious demand for these event now apparently - you'll need to be on the ball to get entry to Dublin.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on October 29, 2015, 11:26:17 AM

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19881.105

This seems to be a more active relevant thread Heffo - maybe Ziggy or some of the other mods could merge them?

I've entered the Galway half. Its next June - plenty of work to do, I've only done one sprint til now. Good to have something to aim at though, hopefully I stay injury free...

Serious demand for these event now apparently - you'll need to be on the ball to get entry to Dublin.

Cheers, I'd searched but didn't find that thread - will post there