Triathlons

Started by qwerty123, July 24, 2011, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I think if you have no one of the required standard it's discretionary who you send at games like these as per eric the eel etc...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 24, 2014, 03:55:27 PM
I think if you have no one of the required standard it's discretionary who you send at games like these as per eric the eel etc...

An eel would have been ok this is a doing the lad no good, I'd have finished that swim before him and I'm not a strong swimmer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

Its hardly doing him much harm - hes competed at the commonwealth games which is more than any of us can say.

imtommygunn

Yeah well it was a worry with eric the eel in the olympics whether he would drown swimming the distance he had to swim and then they made him do it twice...

There's A and B standards and then it's up to the countries themselves if no one makes either of these. At least I think that's the way it works in the athletics. Triathlon may be a bit different though not 100%.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on July 24, 2014, 04:06:00 PM
Its hardly doing him much harm - hes competed at the commonwealth games which is more than any of us can say.

Well I don't know about you but being lapped in the first discipline at this level is a big thing. Fair play is right but I'd have thought to get on at these games there would be some sort of qualifying time before entering a athlete don't you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

30 mins for his run lol

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2014, 04:48:50 PM
30 mins for his run lol

Ffs you'd think he would have done a bit of training for it!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2014, 05:01:47 PM
30 mins for his run lol

Entered the Top of the Mourne Triathlon in Rostrevor Jim, have you done any this year?

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2014, 09:17:51 PM
30 mins for his run lol

Entered the Top of the Mourne Triathlon in Rostrevor Jim, have you done any this year?

I'll be lying up in Vegas while that one is one MR! No, haven't done any this year. Did the marathon and a lot of cycling but never had time to do any triathlons so far. Hopefully get at least one in before the end of the season. I go on holidays on the 3rd of aug and back on 17th so any before or after that then let us know.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on July 24, 2014, 11:43:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2014, 09:17:51 PM
30 mins for his run lol

I'll be lying up in Vegas while that one is one MR! No, haven't done any this year. Did the marathon and a lot of cycling but never had time to do any triathlons so far. Hopefully get at least one in before the end of the season. I go on holidays on the 3rd of aug and back on 17th so any before or after that then let us know.

Will do. I'd rather be in Vegas ya lucky bistard

bennydorano

Great leg in the CG Sprint relay Tri by Conor Murphy of Craigavon-
Edit- Brownlee destroys it on the run!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: bennydorano on July 26, 2014, 01:04:41 PM

Conor went to St.Pats Benny, has a Dalton Cup medal. Was in the same class as my wee bro, was always a great swimmer. Remember him doing well at the Triathlons at school level. Did he recently take it back up again or has he been plodding away all along.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 26, 2014, 01:47:59 PM

Conor went to St.Pats Benny, has a Dalton Cup medal. Was in the same class as my wee bro, was always a great swimmer. Remember him doing well at the Triathlons at school level. Did he recently take it back up again or has he been plodding away all along.

Don't know but he has plenty potential, what age is he? Thought he was brilliant on Thursday and may have potential to push on to the elite stuff.

The brownlee boys just have it great swimmers very good on the bike but the running is up there with some top runners over that distance. How they sprint so hard for the first mile after the bike run is the difference to opening up a gap, class

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

Don't know but he has plenty potential, what age is he? Thought he was brilliant on Thursday and may have potential to push on to the elite stuff.

The brownlee boys just have it great swimmers very good on the bike but the running is up there with some top runners over that distance. How they sprint so hard for the first mile after the bike run is the difference to opening up a gap, class

He'd be 29 or so. Just an observation, does he suffer from Alopecia? I remember years ago noticing he had issues with his hair growth. I ask as my 11 year old daughter does suffer from it and its great for her to see athletes doing so well. She watched the English track cyclist Joanna Roswell win gold yesterday which gave her a real lift.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 26, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

He would be good mates with a few of the boys from Tuna Triathlon club in lurgan. I think his da is one of the coaches at the club as well.