Triathlons

Started by qwerty123, July 24, 2011, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on July 18, 2016, 01:56:50 PM
Seems to be a quiet season for gaaboarders...Probably gonna give Top of the Mournes a rattle this weekend, and Titanic next. Anyone else in for them?

Haven't been doing any recently !! Did Top of the Mourne's last year!! swim was great out to first turn and the then the waves catch you on way back (unless you lift head to breath on other side!!) the cycle is horrendous, the climb never stops and the decline is seriously quick so be aware on the steep bends...

fantastic spread afters .... just over 3 hours of torture but I loved it, would love to be doing it again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

There are still entries...  ;)

Got Galway half done, and have done v little since, so just going to try to get through the next two. Then pick one to aim for, and that will do me for the season I think.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: haranguerer on July 18, 2016, 03:45:47 PM
There are still entries...  ;)

Got Galway half done, and have done v little since, so just going to try to get through the next two. Then pick one to aim for, and that will do me for the season I think.

I'll give it a miss, but you always enjoy it, after its over

That's the thing about proper distance tri's you need to work on open water swimming a lot and put the miles in for the cycle !! running isn't a problem!!

the lads doing these week in week out are training as hard as some professional sports men
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heffo

Anyone doing Dublin 1/2 Ironman Sunday?

JimStynes

Anyone done castlewellan sprint before?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heffo on August 11, 2016, 02:34:36 PM

How'd it go??

heffo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2016, 02:12:19 PM

How'd it go??

Really well - great event. Roads on the bike leg were slippy as it rained for a good hour. No jellyfish stings. Collecting the swim bag after was chaotic at the end

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heffo on August 16, 2016, 08:13:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2016, 02:12:19 PM

How'd it go??

Really well - great event. Roads on the bike leg were slippy as it rained for a good hour. No jellyfish stings. Collecting the swim bag after was chaotic at the end

Starting back next year.... So busy with new job I just haven't been able to give it any proper training to give it a go.... Might do couple sprint ones end of August and looking to get a decent bike for next year, looking at getting a very good second hand one out of season... New wet suit too as this one is getting tighter!!

Big expense the tris but great craic all the same... Well done

JimStynes

What ones are on at the end of August?

bennydorano

Took into running a bit recently with an eye to doing a duathlon, but dont think the knees (& back) will hold out longterm tho. Would love to do a Tri but the swimming is total pish.

JimStynes

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2016, 11:55:57 PM
Took into running a bit recently with an eye to doing a duathlon, but dont think the knees (& back) will hold out longterm tho. Would love to do a Tri but the swimming is total pish.

Get into the local swimming masters sessions. My swimming is less shite than it used to be as I went to a swimming club 3 mornings a week before work. I couldn't swim one length and couldn't swim front crawl at all! After a few months we were regularly swimming 100 lengths in the morning before work. Doing all sorts of drills and sets really brought me on. One of the best things I've done. Depressing watching how easy it looks for people who learned how to swim when they were younger. Mine is all effort whereas they look like they are gliding through the water!

I might do a couple of sprint triathlons until my knee is back to normal. Cant really cycle longer than 1-2 hours without it getting sore. 

haranguerer

Quote from: JimStynes on August 16, 2016, 01:44:12 PM
Anyone done castlewellan sprint before?

Should be marshalling at it. Always looks like great event, excellent setting, good roads etc.

I'll try to get 1 or 2 more in myself then that'll do me for this year. There's one in Groomsport in mid sept prob good for the final blast.

imtommygunn

Anyone see footage of the Brownlee brothers yesterday? Poor Jonny overcooked it and had to be carried over the line.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 19, 2016, 11:24:56 AM
Anyone see footage of the Brownlee brothers yesterday? Poor Jonny overcooked it and had to be carried over the line.

Cost him the championship!

imtommygunn

Alastair wasn't too happy with him either!

I wonder if it was Alastair in for the championship what would he do?!