The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2020, 01:14:19 PM
Which you make it sound as the worst thing imaginable.
Is the mask slipping?

What does that mean?

I don't like Kamala Harris....in fact I detest her based on her behavior during the Kavanaugh hearings

If I wanted Kamala Harris to be President I would have voted for her in the primary-I didn't

If I'm voting for Joe, it's because I want HIM to be President for 4 years

(Kamala Harris got something like 2% support during the Democratic primary. So apart from her not being my choice, she certainly wasn't the choice of the overwhelming majority of Democratic primary voters)

J70

Why do you "detest" her based on the Kavanaugh hearings?

Who did she falsely accuse of being a racist?

Who are you going to vote now that you apparently have no choice but to not vote for Biden?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 20, 2020, 01:57:35 PM

Who are you going to vote now that you apparently have no choice but to not vote for Biden?

She set out to destroy a good persons character based on a complete pack of lies from Dr Ford

She accused Joe Biden of being a racist

I don't know who I'm going to vote for, but as my vote doesn't really count I may protest vote a third party candidate. (I actually like Joe and if he had picked anyone else I probably would have voted for him)

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 20, 2020, 02:07:25 PM

She set out to destroy a good persons character based on a complete pack of lies from Dr Ford

I don't know who I'm going to vote for, but as my vote doesn't really count I may protest vote a third party candidate. (I actually like Joe and if he had picked anyone else I probably would have voted for him)

FFS

How do YOU know Ford was lying? And if she was in fact lying, at what point in the proceedings should Harris have known?

She didn't accuse Biden of being a racist. She perfectly validly questioned his support for busing back in the 70s. She also questioned his having worked in the Senate with segregationists, although this was probably a bit unfair given the make-up of the Senate and the back-slapping/deal-making way of doing business that existed there at the time.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 20, 2020, 02:31:58 PM

FFS

How do YOU know Ford was lying? And if she was in fact lying, at what point in the proceedings should Harris have known?

She didn't accuse Biden of being a racist. She perfectly validly questioned his support for busing back in the 70s. She also questioned his having worked in the Senate with segregationists, although this was probably a bit unfair given the make-up of the Senate and the back-slapping/deal-making way of doing business that existed there at the time.

FFS yourself

Someone who claimed they were afraid to fly yet we find out she flew in single engine planes to go to remote locations to go scuba diving. She flat out lied about why she put a second front door in her house....so fvckin strangers could stay in her house through AirBnb.....I could go on but you obviously believe her so fair enough

And denying she called Joe a racist....this falls into the believe what you want category. Here how DR JILL BIDEN herself interpreted the attack (and that's what it was)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/08/politics/jill-biden-surprised-kamala-harris-debate/index.html

"I think that they were looking at the past. I mean, the one thing you cannot say about Joe is that he's a racist. I mean, he got into politics because of his commitment to civil rights. And then to be elected with Barack Obama, and then someone is saying, you know, you're a racist?"

So you can interpret her words better than Joe Biden's own wife?

sid waddell

Bannon has just been indicted for fraud and money laundering

Every last one of them is a criminal

The whole Trump operation is a criminal enterprise and always has been

Gabriel_Hurl

LOL

QuoteFormer Trump adviser Steve Bannon charged with fraud over fundraising campaign to build US-Mexico border wall

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 20, 2020, 02:53:53 PM
LOL

QuoteFormer Trump adviser Steve Bannon charged with fraud over fundraising campaign to build US-Mexico border wall

Not at all surprised

If anyone read the book by Michael Lewis that I've mentioned here 100 times you'd know they all a bunch of complete clowns

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 20, 2020, 02:45:09 PM

FFS

FFS yourself

Someone who claimed they were afraid to fly yet we find out she flew in single engine planes to go to remote locations to go scuba diving. She flat out lied about why she put a second front door in her house....so fvckin strangers could stay in her house through AirBnb.....I could go on but you obviously believe her so fair enough

And denying she called Joe a racist....this falls into the believe what you want category. Here how DR JILL BIDEN herself interpreted the attack (and that's what it was)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/08/politics/jill-biden-surprised-kamala-harris-debate/index.html

"I think that they were looking at the past. I mean, the one thing you cannot say about Joe is that he's a racist. I mean, he got into politics because of his commitment to civil rights. And then to be elected with Barack Obama, and then someone is saying, you know, you're a racist?"

I have never said I believed her. I have no idea if she OR Kavanaugh lied or not. YOU are the one constantly on about Kavanaugh and the nasty Democrats and the lying Christine Ford. You're the one who is always adamant about what scumbags and liars the left and the media are. Your whole political worldview is based on it.

Be all that as it may, I ask, again, assuming Ford WAS lying, at what point should Harris have known?

Jill Biden is obviously and understandably very sensitive and defensive about her husband and his record. That doesn't mean its not fair game. If Biden supported busing, then it was fair to ask him to defend or, if necessary, disavow it, same as anything else on his record. Most people would understand, things change. That doesn't make Harris wrong for raising it, especially if she was bused herself, nor does it mean that she is saying he is or was racist. And if Jill Biden is upset by that, she better get ready for what is coming. Although, in fairness, Trump doesn't seem to have much except in probably helping Biden by lowering expectations to the point that anything more articulate than a drooling slur out of Biden's mouth will be seen as validation.

On a similar note, Harris' record as a prosecutor is equally fair game.

The old days in the Senate with the segregationists, again, I'm sure most people understand that it was a different body then with a lot more work and cooperation across the political divides, both party and ideological, to get things done. Its only in the last decade or two that things have gotten to the point where some politicians feel they can't even be seen to be civil to each other's faces e.g. that gobshite from Florida, Yoho, calling AOC a "f**king bitch" recently, which I'm sure played very well back in his home patch.

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on August 20, 2020, 02:52:57 PM

Not to worry.

Pardon will be promised in advance and delivered if Bannon remembers the two greatest things in life:

sid waddell

Watergate: Republicans
The carpet bombing of Cambodia and enabling the Khmer Rouge: Republicans
Operation Condor in Chile: Republicans
The War On Drugs: Republicans
Invading Lebanon and hastily retreating after getting massacred: Republicans
Inventing Gaddafi as an international supervillain: Republicans
Supporting Saddam Hussein as he gassed the Kurds: Republicans
Iran-Contra: Republicans
Not preventing 9/11: Republicans
The Patriot Act and Guantanamo: Republicans
The War in Iraq: Republicans
Disastrous lack of response to Hurricane Katrina: Republicans
The great financial crash: Republicans
Letting Epstein off the hook: A Republican
Handing over control of the White House to a fascist Russian asset: Republicans

Almost like there's a pattern here

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on August 20, 2020, 03:03:47 PM

Be all that as it may, I ask, again, assuming Ford WAS lying, at what point should Harris have known?

No way was Ford lying

Kavanaugh was a drunk and a dangerous sexual predator and should be nowhere near that court

Trump is much worse again

dec

My thoughts and prayers are with him at this time.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 20, 2020, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 20, 2020, 02:45:09 PM

FFS

FFS yourself

I have never said I believed her. I have no idea if she OR Kavanaugh lied or not. YOU are the one constantly on about Kavanaugh and the nasty Democrats and the lying Christine Ford. You're the one who is always adamant about what scumbags and liars the left and the media are. Your whole political worldview is based on it.

Jill Biden is obviously and understandably very sensitive and defensive about her husband and his record. That doesn't mean its not fair game. If Biden supported busing, then it was fair to ask him to defend or, if necessary, disavow it, same as anything else on his record. Most people would understand, things change. That doesn't make Harris wrong for raising it, especially if she was bused herself, nor does it mean that she is saying he is or was racist. And if Jill Biden is upset by that, she better get ready for what is coming. Although, in fairness, Trump doesn't seem to have much except in probably helping Biden by lowering expectations to the point that anything more articulate than a drooling slur out of Biden's mouth will be seen as validation.

On a similar note, Harris' record as a prosecutor is equally fair game.

The old days in the Senate with the segregationists, again, I'm sure most people understand that it was a different body then with a lot more work and cooperation across the political divides, both party and ideological, to get things done. Its only in the last decade or two that things have gotten to the point where some politicians feel they can't even be seen to be civil to each other's faces e.g. that gobshite from Florida, Yoho, calling AOC a "f**king bitch" recently, which I'm sure played very well back in his home patch.

SHE FALSELY ACCUSED HIM OF BEING A RACIST

You can play verbal gymnastics until doomsday, but that doesn't change what she did and how her comments were interpreted by most people who heard them

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/06/27/harris-attacks-bidens-record-on-busing-and-working-with-segregationists.html

Directly from Biden campaign after the debate- Cristobal Alex, a senior advisor to Biden's campaign, tweeted that it was "outrageous" to attack President Barack Obama's veep "because he worked to convince" Republicans to pass civil rights legislation.

OUTRAGEOUS AND AN ATTACK

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: dec on August 20, 2020, 03:16:28 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with him at this time.