Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Sure we were all told of a no-deal in the referendum!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49165836

imtommygunn

I wonder did he say that with a straight face.

t_mac

He really is the most deplorable man, not sure what it is but of all them I would love to dearly slap his big head.

imtommygunn

That is saying something these days with Boris in charge and Farage basically being an ever present.

five points

Quote from: t_mac on July 31, 2019, 07:57:01 AM
Labour have no chance under Corbyn and have no chance of replacing him. In an election they will still promise to deliver their Brexit with the promise of a final vote, this will appeal to no-one, remainers or leavers - Labour members should take full responsibility for keeping this man in power and the economic mess that will follow with Brexit.

Nobody knows the future but I count it unlikely that Britain will suffer much of an economic mess following Brexit. Even the 2008 crash barely affected them at all compared to Ireland as their economy seems far more resilient than ours and most others.

yellowcard

I see the new secretary of state Julian Smith has tweeted about being proud to have a photo of the queen in his office. Good to see that he is taking on the main issues straight away.     

Orior

Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2019, 12:34:09 PM
I see the new secretary of state Julian Smith has tweeted about being proud to have a photo of the queen in his office. Good to see that he is taking on the main issues straight away.     

And taking sides.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RedHand88

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2019, 01:01:58 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49189376

Brexit means Brexit.

Be grand!

Quote from: five points on August 01, 2019, 12:06:29 PM
Quote from: t_mac on July 31, 2019, 07:57:01 AM
Labour have no chance under Corbyn and have no chance of replacing him. In an election they will still promise to deliver their Brexit with the promise of a final vote, this will appeal to no-one, remainers or leavers - Labour members should take full responsibility for keeping this man in power and the economic mess that will follow with Brexit.

Nobody knows the future but I count it unlikely that Britain will suffer much of an economic mess following Brexit. Even the 2008 crash barely affected them at all compared to Ireland as their economy seems far more resilient than ours and most others.

yellowcard

Quote from: Orior on August 01, 2019, 12:42:07 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2019, 12:34:09 PM

And taking sides.

Trying a bit too hard to impress Arlene, Nigel & Sammy.

Rossfan

That should harden SF's resolve to have nothing to do with resurrecting Stormont.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I don't think No Deal is going to happen. The UK is living beyond its means and has a current account deficit of 5.6% of GDP.
In 2007 5 countries were running current account deficits. Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece and Spain. They all suffered brutal recessions when the funding was stopped.

If the UK leaves and has no deals in place and there is a crash it will be destroyed.

trailer

A working majority of one. SF still keeping BoJo in power though...

screenexile

Big blow for Boris losing the by-election seat to the Lib Dems last night in a constituency that voted leave. . . great stuff!!!

TheOptimist

Quote from: screenexile on August 02, 2019, 09:40:50 AM
Big blow for Boris losing the by-election seat to the Lib Dems last night in a constituency that voted leave. . . great stuff!!!

Does this mean their majority hangs on Ian Paisley's seat. Is it any wonder all is quiet on that front?