Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: armaghniac on November 02, 2016, 08:05:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 02, 2016, 07:30:22 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 02, 2016, 05:53:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 02, 2016, 12:51:20 PM
Quote from: AQMP on November 02, 2016, 11:14:36 AM
I presume it was the "on fire" reference, rather than any dancing, singing or having a good time.
The La Mon was firebombed

Very bad judgement

Was there any direct connection to La Mon?
$
The conference took place in..La Mon

I see. Tricky.

Arlene et al shouldn't have done that, but not because of this eejit who's clearly just looking to be offended, but because it made them look like the shower of clowns they are.

imtommygunn

Rightly so. If only Corbyn was more anti brexit :(

muppet

Quote from: bennydorano on November 03, 2016, 10:17:25 AM
High Court ruling - Government must consult Parliament before triggering Brexit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37857785?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Parliament must vote on whether the UK can start the process of leaving the European Union, the High Court has ruled.
This means the government cannot trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty - beginning formal discussions with the EU - on their own.

Not just 'consult', but vote. I would take that to be binding.

As an aside, how on earth can Teresa May lead her country into such a pivotal period, without a mandate?
MWWSI 2017

Aaron Boone

Hold those border controls.

imtommygunn

The bold Nige speaking up. No idea the anger they will provoke. Yeah because it hasn't provoked anger in the first place Nige.

armaghniac

Quote from: AQMP on November 03, 2016, 10:38:42 AM
British government has been granted the right to appeal, and it looks like this will go to the Supreme Court.

Isn't it a bit odd for the government to go to the max to avoid consulting parliament?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Some fcukn stupid Government and advisors that didn't know that since 1689 or so the Parliament is the sovereign body in Brit land.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

haranguerer

Quote from: AQMP on November 03, 2016, 10:31:16 AM
Surely Arlene and friends must accept a ruling from the United Kingdom High Court??  I'll not hold me breath...

If does come to parliamentary vote it will be interesting to see how they justify going against the clear will of the people they claim to represent

Milltown Row2

Seafoid will be devastated
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

General election next year.  ;)

No wides

Agree but a vote of no confidence in the government could trigger one, or if two thirds of MPS agreed to an election, like Brexit being stalled / made non-existent there are always ways.

Hardy

The decision is upheld.
The majority of parliament votes against Brexit.
Automatic general election because of government defeat.
Every party's manifesto lays out its position on Brexit.
General election is a de facto re-run of the referendum on Brexit.
If it's true that a significant number who voted for Brexit now regret it - no more Brexit.

Of course that doesn't take into account the dynamics of a campaign, with flag-waving Little Englanders mobilising the disaffected vote.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 03, 2016, 10:37:57 AM
The bold Nige speaking up. No idea the anger they will provoke. Yeah because it hasn't provoked anger in the first place Nige.

Farage on Betrayal
"Ukip's leader, Nigel Farage, said he was angered at the decision. "I worry that a betrayal may be near at hand ... I now fear that every attempt will be made to block or delay the triggering of article 50. If this is so, they have no idea of the level of public anger they will provoke.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz2tvnVM6oA

The UK is split down the middle . Just like the US
And one side is lying

seafoid

Paul Nuttall is favourite to win the UKIP leadership
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1q-Y20uExc