Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

And whether tongue in cheek or not, the attitude displayed on here does have an impact in how cyclists are treated. I cycle infrequently now, but when I did I always sought to show courtesy, didn't break red lights or drive on pavements, and called out those who did. Despite that, I noticed people went out of their way to give abuse or act the dick - and that has to be down to the general opinion that its ok to be a dick to cyclists because they hold you up a little.

Honestly surprised by the attitudes of those on here who I thought would know a little better.

thewobbler

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2018, 08:03:24 AM
I know a couple of cyclists who now have recording devices on the rear of their bikes, not sure it's doing them any good (mentally anyway) as it's bringing home how vulnerable we really are and how much some motorists don't give a f**k. Some young fellas with the R plates reported to the cops within the first week of use.

As mentioned earlier by someone else phone use whilst driving is really scary. The amount of people doing it is ridiculous.

Agreed. It's a bizarre thing that after 30 years of convincing then forcing people that putting on a seatbelt is not a punishment so much as a lifesaver, that we now have to go through it all again with phone usage in cars. People just won't accept that they're in charge of a lethal weapon. People are c***ts.

But without meaning to continue to pillory our two wheeled friends, what's even scarier again is a cyclist with headphones in, who's determined to take the shortest route to their destination. At least the mobile phone driver will be sticking to the roads.

Stan Laurel

I know a couple of cyclists who now have recording devices on the rear of their bikes, not sure it's doing them any good (mentally anyway) as it's bringing home how vulnerable we really are and how much some motorists don't give a f**k. Some young fellas with the R plates reported to the cops within the first week of use.

As mentioned earlier by someone else phone use whilst driving is really scary. The amount of people doing it is ridiculous.

At least cyclists have that luxury of identifying a motorist who has been driving dangerously, breaking rules, cyclists do so with impunity.  Cyclists are selfish c***ts in my opinion!

Orior

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 20, 2018, 08:46:23 AM

At least cyclists have that luxury of identifying a motorist who has been driving dangerously, breaking rules, cyclists do so with impunity.  Cyclists are selfish c***ts in my opinion!

What are you trying to say?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general_lee

I hate all other road users equally... no wait that's a lie Citroen drivers have a special place at the top  >:(

thebigfella

Was there not a lad on here who hated Kia drivers? Where do they sit in this, better or worse than cyclists?

Keyser soze

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2018, 08:24:54 AM

Agreed. It's a bizarre thing that after 30 years of convincing then forcing people that putting on a seatbelt is not a punishment so much as a lifesaver, that we now have to go through it all again with phone usage in cars. People just won't accept that they're in charge of a lethal weapon. People are c***ts.

But without meaning to continue to pillory our two wheeled friends, what's even scarier again is a cyclist with headphones in, who's determined to take the shortest route to their destination. At least the mobile phone driver will be sticking to the roads.

Are you for real? How is a cyclist with headphones in, taking the shortest route scary for you? Darwin's Law will take soon take care of such people though in all honesty I do not think there are too many cyclists out there who are think they will cut up a car as they are in a hurry.

A driver with a mindset like yours, [of which there appears to be many on this board], on the other hand is a seriously scary prospect for any cyclist.

I know secondhand 2 people that were killed whilst cycling, easy to see why in hindsight.

maddog

Quote from: thebigfella on June 20, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
Was there not a lad on here who hated Kia drivers? Where do they sit in this, better or worse than cyclists?

Think that was more brand snobbery rather than road behaviour

thewobbler

Quote from: Keyser soze on June 20, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

Are you for real? How is a cyclist with headphones in, taking the shortest route scary for you? Darwin's Law will take soon take care of such people though in all honesty I do not think there are too many cyclists out there who are think they will cut up a car as they are in a hurry.

A driver with a mindset like yours, [of which there appears to be many on this board], on the other hand is a seriously scary prospect for any cyclist.

I know secondhand 2 people that were killed whilst cycling, easy to see why in hindsight.

What? Hold on. What? So, because I'm highlighting that some people on bicycles are effectively wishing an accident upon themselves, that this means I have a "mindset" that is scary for cyclists? For pointing out that they should be more careful?

f**k me. If a cyclist is in the wrong, he's in the wrong. Just accept it and get in with it. Don't defend him because he happens to be sat on a saddle.

haranguerer

Quote from: thewobbler on June 20, 2018, 09:50:04 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on June 20, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

What? Hold on. What? So, because I'm highlighting that some people on bicycles are effectively wishing an accident upon themselves, that this means I have a "mindset" that is scary for cyclists? For pointing out that they should be more careful?

f**k me. If a cyclist is in the wrong, he's in the wrong. Just accept it and get in with it. Don't defend him because he happens to be sat on a saddle.

Quote from: thewobbler link=topic=5587.msg1818668#msg1818668
For some reason, cyclists seem unwilling / unable / immune towards accepting their place on this food chain. Usually citing some bullshit about being here before cars, they'll ride where they want, when they want, and are determined that it's everyone else's responsibility to look out for them.

It takes a particularly selfish and insular personality trait to behave like on public roads. Hence, people who are drawn to cycling on roads are, by and large, c***ts.

This is your mindset. There is a 'foodchain' on the road and cyclists are at the bottom of it. Noone else should have responsibility for looking out for them.

They are, by and large selfish, insular c***ts - not much of a leap to say this attitude of yours is would also extend to whatever happens to them is their own fault

bennydorano

Mostly inoffensive middle aged, middle class parents in my experience.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: bennydorano on June 20, 2018, 10:06:32 AM

Mostly inoffensive middle aged, middle class parents in my experience.

Who have the God given right to cycle where they want, in as large of groups as they want with little or no consideration for others, and as you point out all wearing cameras so that if a motorist makes a mistake they can cry foul but ignore all their own failings.

haranguerer

You can have a dashcam also.

Just to point out, by and large if a motorist makes a mistake the cyclist risks death or serious injury; the motorist is likely to be ok. If a cyclist makes a mistake, the cyclist risks death or serious injury; the motorist is likely to be ok.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: haranguerer on June 20, 2018, 10:12:27 AM

Just to point out, by and large if a motorist makes a mistake the cyclist risks death or serious injury; the motorist is likely to be ok. If a cyclist makes a mistake, the cyclist risks death or serious injury; the motorist is likely to be ok.

That would come in handy to identify a Lycra clad cyclist wearing sun glasses and a helmet,  you never know they might have a number 6 on their ass.

maddog

Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 20, 2018, 10:15:30 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on June 20, 2018, 10:12:27 AM

That would come in handy to identify a Lycra clad cyclist wearing sun glasses and a helmet,  you never know they might have a number 6 on their ass.

Dental records could be used instead after you have flattened them.