It's only a minority of Muslims right ?

Started by Dalquen, February 16, 2016, 03:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: charlieTully on February 16, 2016, 11:33:35 AM
Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 11:21:51 AM
Even if Britain does not exit this time the union is fatally flawed. It simply does  not serve the overall interests of the members. These interests go beyond simple economic concerns. Culture has a value as well. It must be preserved. Welshmen from valleys singing their national anthem before facing Irishmen from the 4 provinces has real meaning. People are lying to themselves or others if the think this experience can be diluted.

they can sing to their hearts content, the prince of wales is still an English man. do you hate all people of colour or is it just muslims? are white muslims ok

Taulupe Falatua sings as loud as anyone, does he fit the very narrow window of culture you are espousing?

Dalquen

Even if Britain does not exit this time the union is fatally flawed. It simply does  not serve the overall interests of the members. These interests go beyond simple economic concerns. Culture has a value as well. It must be preserved. Welshmen from valleys singing their national anthem before facing Irishmen from the 4 provinces has real meaning. People are lying to themselves or others if the think this experience can be diluted.

they can sing to their hearts content, the prince of wales is still an English man. do you hate all people of colour or is it just muslims? are white muslims ok?

Its not about skin color. It is as simple as feeling some connection to the land/people you live amongst. You don't even have to belt out the anthem. Resonable people can make reasonable allowances like the pained exression on Rory Bests face when the soldiers song comes on.

However, if you signal at every opportunity your disdain for the country you live in then f**k you. You are the enemy because you want to be the enemy.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 11:29:44 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on February 16, 2016, 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 11:07:01 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on February 16, 2016, 10:52:06 AM
Dalquen, what is your point exactly?

I acknowledge that there are cultural differences between refugees coming into Europe from various middle-eastern and north african countries. To what extent these cause major problems such as the ones you've highlighted I don't know but I'm going to guess that when you're talking in six figure sums at least then it is the minority.

If we agree on this, what is it you want? For everyone else to acknowledge it?

With all due respect, you don't understand the complete shift in perception that has happened. The entire world is now accessible to anyone. A whole new level of consciousness burst upon the third world about how easy it was to get into Europe. We cant reverse this. You cannot unknow what is known.
With all due respect, how do you know what I know or don't know, not that I claimed to know anything.

What I did do was ask you a simple question which you didn't answer. Would you mind doing so now?

My point is obvious from the thread title. Even moderate Islam is incompatible with liberal, European values. They must adapt. Even conservative Catholics in Europe have been forced to adapt....why should we tip-toe around the sensitivity of muslims ?
There are approximately 50,000 muslims living in Ireland. If your contention is that the mainstream media might not report any difficulties that they bring, have you any inkling that this sizeable minority are experiencing compatibility issues or, as it probably more important in your view, are the Irish having problems adjusting to them living here?

Dalquen

Quote from: Esmarelda on February 16, 2016, 11:49:49 AM

I acknowledge that there are cultural differences between refugees coming into Europe from various middle-eastern and north african countries. To what extent these cause major problems such as the ones you've highlighted I don't know but I'm going to guess that when you're talking in six figure sums at least then it is the minority.

With all due respect, you don't understand the complete shift in perception that has happened. The entire world is now accessible to anyone. A whole new level of consciousness burst upon the third world about how easy it was to get into Europe. We cant reverse this. You cannot unknow what is known.
With all due respect, how do you know what I know or don't know, not that I claimed to know anything.

What I did do was ask you a simple question which you didn't answer. Would you mind doing so now?

My point is obvious from the thread title. Even moderate Islam is incompatible with liberal, European values. They must adapt. Even conservative Catholics in Europe have been forced to adapt....why should we tip-toe around the sensitivity of muslims ?
There are approximately 50,000 muslims living in Ireland. If your contention is that the mainstream media might not report any difficulties that they bring, have you any inkling that this sizeable minority are experiencing compatibility issues or, as it probably more important in your view, are the Irish having problems adjusting to them living here?

The muslim population in Ireland is not large enough (yet) to be in a position to exersize any political weight. Only when Ireland is faced with the same threat as equivalent US/Europeand counrties can we judge them.

seafoid

Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 11:49:17 AM

they can sing to their hearts content, the prince of wales is still an English man. do you hate all people of colour or is it just muslims? are white muslims ok?

Its not about skin color. It is as simple as feeling some connection to the land/people you live amongst. You don't even have to belt out the anthem. Resonable people can make reasonable allowances like the pained exression on Rory Bests face when the soldiers song comes on.

However, if you signal at every opportunity your disdain for the country you live in then f**k you. You are the enemy because you want to be the enemy.
Does that mean all GAA fans n the north are enemies ?

seafoid

It is being diluted.  Kiwis playing for Wales who can't speak Welsh . They may even be muslim.

Dalquen

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 12:05:43 PM
Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 11:49:17 AM

Does that mean all GAA fans n the north are enemies ?

No. Don't be silly. The GAA may be seen as the enemy but they are still part of the culture. Its like Rangers v Celtic. They absolutely hate each other but they are forever stuck in a tortured embrace much like repressed homosexuals.

I've read more of your threads .Your demonization of the protestant community in the north is strange. It is quite relentless. That is a template for how the far right should operate. You really know how to pull the strings. I'll give you that much.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 12:03:24 PM

The muslim population in Ireland is not large enough (yet) to be in a position to exersize any political weight. Only when Ireland is faced with the same threat as equivalent US/Europeand counrties can we judge them.
You make it sound like they're gathering numbers for an imminent attack on all we hold dear. What would you envisage an increased number of muslims pushing for in Ireland?

Dalquen

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 12:08:42 PM
It is being diluted.  Kiwis playing for Wales who can't speak Welsh . They may even be muslim.

Again, Connacht are leading the way here.

Is there any other side in Europe that has less cultural connection  with its native population ? 

seafoid

Quote from: Esmarelda on February 16, 2016, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 12:03:24 PM

You make it sound like they're gathering numbers for an imminent attack on all we hold dear. What would you envisage an increased number of muslims pushing for in Ireland?
We need them in the Irish scrum. Pushing at angles

LeoMc

Quote from: Dalquen on February 16, 2016, 12:22:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 12:08:42 PM

Again, Connacht are leading the way here.

Is there any other side in Europe that has less cultural connection  with its native population ?
Man United?

Milltown Row2

Somebody had a shit Valentines weekend, needs to get his hole quick, there is a lot of tension about that lad... though only white females only, prods are better (from my experiences  ::) )
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Demonising an entire people as subhuman ends up with this >

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/ghettos/rumkowski.html

It doesn't belong on the Gaaboard.

No wides

What about an entire sex, only yesterday it was reported 4 women were accused of adultery in Syria, and as punishment they were raped and stoned to death in a public square with the masses looking on.  No word about the men who they committed adultery with.

AhNowRef

I feel incredibly sorry for these genuine Muslim immigrants and all that they have to put up with but I also fear for Europe, esp Ireland & the UK as thats where most of my family and friends are ...
I genuinely fear for where a constant and uncapped rate of immigration into these countries would leave us all and Im not just talking about immigrants from muslim countries .. Uncapped immigration form other European countries can only lead to a bad end for all ... e.g. if location "A" is a great place to live and locations "B", "C" & "D" are all shite ... people will only stop moving to location "A" when its just a shite as the other 3 ... then we're all in the shite !!
Would it not make more sense to help locations "B", "C" & "D" become better places .. we need to help people where they currently live more .. then maybe we could end up with everyone better off and no once complaining about "themuns" !!

Also, as far as current immigration goes, whether it be from Eu countries or not ... there has to be some sort of limiting selection process ... I mean, apparently they dont even check criminal records of people coming in so we get a lot of bad B**tards coming over to "start a new life" .. yeah right, we need that  :-/ !!!

So basically, help people of other countries where they are now .. cramming extremely different cultures into Europe is not the answer !!
The British & Yanks should have to shoulder the vast majority of this cost too as if them pricks hadnt went in to Iraq & Libya this shit wouldnt be happening :-(  ...

BTW, i would sincerely "hope" that this post doesnt get labelled as racist or some other knee jerk reactive term to try in the 'commonest terms possible' to put down a view which doesnt pander to either the looney liberalist movement or to the business leaders who just see parallels between immigration and low wages..

It seems that if you say anything other than "open the gates and let everyone in immediately" some people get killed in the panic to call you a racist ... very lazy & tiresome argument !!