Who will you support in the World Cup?

Started by Sidney, October 17, 2013, 10:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Im a very unhappy baron this morning. Ive been backing the Germans since this time last year. If you asked me to name 1 player i didn't want to see get injured it almost certainly would've been reus. They've plenty of cover in the position but he's a special talent

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 07, 2014, 11:26:21 AM
Players out of the WC so far with injury :

Shirokov - Russia
Marco Reus - Germany
Frane Ribery - France
Falcao - Colombia
Luis Montes - Mexico
Victor Valdes - Portugal
Thiago Alacantra - Spain
Gundogan - Germany
El Shaarawy - Italy
Walcott - England
Giuseppe Rossi - Italy
Montolivo - Itay
Kevin Strootman - Holland
Rafael Van Der Vaart - Holland
Christian Benteke - Belgium

Some decent talent in that mix.

Mario Gomez? Same boat as El Shaarawy, physically fit after a long injury absence but not deemed fit enough for the WC.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2014, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 07, 2014, 11:26:21 AM
Players out of the WC so far with injury :

Shirokov - Russia
Marco Reus - Germany
Frane Ribery - France
Falcao - Colombia
Luis Montes - Mexico
Victor Valdes - Portugal
Thiago Alacantra - Spain
Gundogan - Germany
El Shaarawy - Italy
Walcott - England
Giuseppe Rossi - Italy
Montolivo - Itay
Kevin Strootman - Holland
Rafael Van Der Vaart - Holland
Christian Benteke - Belgium

Some decent talent in that mix.

Mario Gomez? Same boat as El Shaarawy, physically fit after a long injury absence but not deemed fit enough for the WC.

Yeah, when he hadn't played much all season it was going to be against him

Other players to miss out are Badstubber,Niko Kranjcar, Andros Townsend, wouldn't call Townsend a loss but he is missing out nonetheless.

CD

My good lady, having just watched a show on TV, unintentionally let it run onto the England V Honduras game. Having smugly identified the pundit on screen as Glen Hoddle (I don't know how the hell she knew that) she then went on to ask if he was Chris Waddle's brother ::) (i presume because their names rhyme)  I'm still laughing.  :o :P
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on June 07, 2014, 10:10:12 PM
My good lady, having just watched a show on TV, unintentionally let it run onto the England V Honduras game. Having smugly identified the pundit on screen as Glen Hoddle (I don't know how the hell she knew that) she then went on to ask if he was Chris Waddle's brother ::) (i presume because their names rhyme)  I'm still laughing.  :o :P

That is brilliant.
MWWSI 2017

rodney trotter

Joey Barton on Twitter.. If there is a God. If you do exist. Prove yourself. Take out either Chiles or Townsend with a stray bolt of lightening. The nation awaits.

ONeill

Quote from: CD on June 07, 2014, 10:10:12 PM

Diamond Lights?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

deiseach

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 07, 2014, 10:27:47 PM
Joey Barton on Twitter.. If there is a God. If you do exist. Prove yourself. Take out either Chiles or Townsend with a stray bolt oflightening. The nation awaits.

Struck by lightening? Have they been to the tanning salon? Although it's probably the tanning saloon to Joey.

rodney trotter

England are very boring to watch,  can't see them getting out of the group

rodney trotter

Under Lights

Oh My God, no-one would have seen this morning a couple of weeks ago.

Oh.

Quote from: Under Lights on May 13, 2014, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: beer baron on May 13, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
I'd be gobsmacked if azpilicueta didn't make the squad,I'd expect him to be 1st choice right back. They could struggle up front,Costa will need to get used to the system of play very quickly,he looked average at Best against Italy. Then you've negredo who's had a quiet 2nd half of the season and villa who's a shadow of his former self.could be a tough tournament for them. Big question is has del bosque the balls to not have xavi in his starting 11?

Agree with this fully. Koke actually needs to be replace him.

I'm gonna put my neck on the line and predict Spain not to get out of the group. It's a tough group. Chile will take them by surprise and Holland will be no pushovers.

Not convinced by Costa. Lot of hype about him but I think he could implode in the land of his father.

8)

beer baron

Under Lights

Quote from: beer baron on June 18, 2014, 10:34:50 PM
And modest  to top it all off ;D

Modest with money in my wallet as I backed it.