Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: All of a Sludden on May 28, 2014, 06:14:19 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 28, 2014, 06:07:01 PM
Its time Stormont was shut down as it is only a breeding ground for bigotry.

If Stormont was to close would it have much of an effect on the average industrial wage?

Unbelievable that neither the SDLP or even the lap dogs in Sinn Fein aren't calling for Robinson's head on this one.

The shinners havnt much to say given their cosy friendship with Peter King i n the USA. He could teach McConnell a thing or 2 when it comes to Islamaphobia ......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

1st class travel and 5 star hotels for Peter and Martin to travel the world claiming "Northern Ireland is open for business". This past few weeks we have seen the reality from these 2 clowns
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

orangeman

Long live the subsidised canteen on the hill.

brokencrossbar1

Quote1.4   Under the Belfast Agreement and under sections 16, 18 and 19 of the Act, it is a condition of appointment that Ministers of the Northern Ireland Assembly, including the First Minister and the deputy First Minister and junior Ministers, affirm the terms of the following Pledge of Office.
(a)    to discharge in good faith all the duties of office;
(b)   commitment to non-violence and exclusively peaceful and democratic means;
(c)    to serve all the people of Northern Ireland equally, and to act in accordance with the general obligations on government to promote equality and prevent discrimination;
(ca)    to promote the interests of the whole community represented in the the Northern Ireland Assembly towards the goal of a shared future;
(cb)   to participate fully in the Executive Committee, the North-South Ministerial Council and the British-Irish Council;
(cc)   to observe the joint nature of the offices of First Minister and deputy First Minister;
(cd)   to uphold the rule of law based as it is on the fundamental principles of fairness, impartiality and democratic accountability, including support for policing and the courts as set out in paragraph 6 of the St Andrews Agreement;
(d)   to participate with colleagues in the preparation of a programme for government;
(e)   to operate within the framework of that programme when agreed within the Executive Committee and endorsed by the Assembly;
(f)   to support, and to act in accordance with, all decisions of the Executive Committee and Assembly;

I reckon there would be one or two that Peter is guilty of being in breach of here.

Rossfan

The ability of Unionist "leaders" to support the most bigoted rantings of the most extreme Protestant "pastors" never ceases to amaze. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on May 28, 2014, 08:11:33 PM
The ability of Unionist "leaders" to support the most bigoted rantings of the most extreme Protestant "pastors" never ceases to amaze. :-\

Didn't the current president of the USA support some pastor who had some funny teachings too? He eventually had to disown him after too many outbursts.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Basil Brooke, who went on to serve as NI Prime Minister for 20 years, said this in 1933.                 Many in this audience employ Catholics, but I have not one about my place. Catholics are out to destroy Ulster...If we in Ulster allow Roman Catholics to work on our farms we are traitors to Ulster...I would appeal to loyalists, therefore, wherever possible, to employ good Protestant lads and lassies.  Little  has changed in the 81 years since then

muppet

I would be more surprised with a 'Peter Robinson steps up as First Minister' headline.

QuoteBasil Brooke, who went on to serve as NI Prime Minister for 20 years, said this in 1933.                 Many in this audience employ Catholics, but I have not one about my place. Catholics are out to destroy Ulster...If we in Ulster allow Roman Catholics to work on our farms we are traitors to Ulster...I would appeal to loyalists, therefore, wherever possible, to employ good Protestant lads and lassies.  Little  has changed in the 81 years since then

This sort of rhetoric went on for hundreds of years and from both sides. Although with Britain pulling the strings one side came out far better most of the time.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: under the bar on August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM
How many weeks until we read that headline?  Sammy next for the hot seat I'd say.

You bollix! lol

I was thinking fair play to Robinson and was thinking it was another historic moment when unionism did the right thing. I was wrong of course.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: muppet on May 28, 2014, 09:06:11 PM
I would be more surprised with a 'Peter Robinson steps up as First Minister' headline.

QuoteBasil Brooke, who went on to serve as NI Prime Minister for 20 years, said this in 1933.                 Many in this audience employ Catholics, but I have not one about my place. Catholics are out to destroy Ulster...If we in Ulster allow Roman Catholics to work on our farms we are traitors to Ulster...I would appeal to loyalists, therefore, wherever possible, to employ good Protestant lads and lassies.  Little  has changed in the 81 years since then

This sort of rhetoric went on for hundreds of years and from both sides. Although with Britain pulling the strings one side came out far better most of the time.

Both sides? Examples please!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: Orior on May 28, 2014, 09:21:33 PM

I was kind of wondering where he got that from alright.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

THE MIGHTY QUINN

muppet

Quote from: Orior on May 28, 2014, 09:21:33 PM

I am guessing you don't need an example from the Protestant side, as it still goes on.

Here was a part of a sermon given in Achill during the famine by a Catholic Priest sent to Achill by Archbishop John MacHale (think the pitch in Castlebar), Fr Dwyer:

Quote'Have nothing to do with these heretics—curse them, hoot at them, spit in their faces—cut the sign of the cross in the air when you meet them, as you would against devils—throw stones at them—pitch them, when you have opportunity, into the bog holes—nay more than that, do injury to yourselves in order to injure them—don't work for them, though they pay in ready money—nay, don't take any medicine from their heretic doctor [Neason Adams], rather die first'

http://www.historyireland.com/18th-19th-century-history/edward-nangle-the-achill-island-mission/
MWWSI 2017

THE MIGHTY QUINN

No comparing like with like. You need to show an example of a high level politician on the nationalist side coming out with stuff like Brook said in 1933 about Catholics and Robbo said about Muslims in 2014

Tubberman

The simple pastor is on BBC now.
Very depressing stuff
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."