The 140th Open Championship

Started by laoislad, July 11, 2011, 01:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: thebigfella on July 12, 2011, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: whitegoodman on July 12, 2011, 02:27:37 PM
Think Im going for;

Westwood - Big major player, 2nd and 3rd in the last 2 years and top 5 in 5 of the last 7 majors. Due one
Garcia - If and it a big IF he can get some sort of putting going he will be hard to beat.  Form is coming too.
McDowell - Yet to put 4 rounds together this year but good lynx course player and has the minerals for it.
Harrington - Very quiet, knows how to get the job done and came into a bit of form last wk.
Goosen - Bit like Garcia, if he can get the putter going he could be contention.  A bit of form last wk too.
Kucher - Consistent top 10 player and played well last wk.

Wtf is a lynx course?

Perhaps lynx deodrant bought the naming rights  to some golf cousre  ;D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

whitegoodman

Good one!!!

A man cant even make a spelling mistake these days without getting slaughtered!!!

Links Links and f**king more Links

the Deel Rover

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 12, 2011, 03:20:47 PM
Good one!!!

A man cant even make a spelling mistake these days without getting slaughtered!!!

Links Links and f**king more Links

Don't worry about it WGM tis Hardy and spelling he is fierce particular about it .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

whitegoodman

What happened to making newbies feeling welcome :-[

the Deel Rover

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 12, 2011, 03:30:02 PM
What happened to making newbies feeling welcome :-[

Sure you are welcome Wgm .Just make sure of your spelling anymore and everthing will be ok  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

venter

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 11, 2011, 04:12:53 PM
Don't like goosen at all, i think his major winning days are behind him (well until he hits senior status).  I like the call on overton though, that's the type of guy I'm going to back, good solid player who's won a few times and is a big big price.  Thw guy Mark Wilson has won twice in the states this year and is near 400/1.  Short hitter, but i get the feeling that short might be better on this course.

I dont think Overton has managed to get over the line in a tournament yet, but he is a big talent. Stuart Appleby managed to overhaul him in a tournament last year with a 59 in the final round. I'd say he's a bit of a header, He completed his final round of the PGA last year in Whistling straits in just over two hours (thats a record).  Would like to see him do well.

Think Harry will come good this week. Apparently the rough is pretty sparse due to the very dry weather they have been having over there for the last few months, this will be condusive to his chaotic driving.

I think Poulter is going to win it

Rossie11

QuoteI think Poulter is going to win it

Ah Venter why ruin an otherwise sensible post with something like that !!!
Poulter is the Nickolas Bendner of golf.
If he was half as good as he thought he was he would have 10 majors won...

The Worker

went for garcia or mc dowell 12/1. hope at least 1 of them is in the reckoning on the final day.

Doogie Browser

After much pin-sticking deliberation I am going for Westwood straight and each way bets on Kaymer and Rock.

ardtole

Paddy Power is offering 10/1 at the minute on McIlroy to win The Open. Apparently he has the worst of the weather though for the 1st 2 days,  still I took a bet on him and M Laird to be best scottish finisher at 12/5. Bit of interest if nothing else.

Puckoon

I've taken GB and Ireland and the boss has taken the rest of the field for 50$.

In fairness Westwood or Donald could finally break the duck on home soil - and Harrington could show well. I hope McIlroy wins - but if not at least I hope he is in contention. I feel of all the latest major winners he is the only one that has the game and temperament to take it to the next level.

Matt Kuchar could have a good showing for the US.

Rossie11

QuoteI hope McIlroy wins - but if not at least I hope he is in contention. I feel of all the latest major winners he is the only one that has the game and temperament to take it to the next level.
Schwartzel is a very underrated player and I feel will go close again to another major very soon.

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on July 13, 2011, 03:02:57 PM
QuoteI hope McIlroy wins - but if not at least I hope he is in contention. I feel of all the latest major winners he is the only one that has the game and temperament to take it to the next level.
Schwartzel is a very underrated player and I feel will go close again to another major very soon.

Roscommon/Westwood double !
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Not a big golf man but I've had small each way interests in Schwartzel (40/1), Oosthiuzen (100/1), Rock (125/1) and Kyung-tae Kim (300/1). I was pretty much guided by that preview put up a page or 2 back.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

ANother tenner EW on Clarke, taking me over the £1000 barrier placed on him in 15 years without return.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.