Graeme Mcdowell (Ireland,Northern Ireland,Ulster,United Kingdom,Alabama) 28/1
Sergio Garcia (Spain) 30/1
Nick Watney (USA) 35/1
Steve Stricker (USA) 35/1
Paddy Harrington(Ireland) 35/1
Jason Day (Australia) 40/1
Matt Kuchar (USA) 40/1
Phil Mick (USA) 45/1

I like the look of Jason Day at 40/1 and am also going to have a punt on Garcia,and I would do harm to myself if Westwood won and I hadn't him backed.
Might also have a few quid on Mcdowell.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Orior

Dear LaoisLad,

Change that title to the British Open, lol.

Orior
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Quote from: Orior on July 11, 2011, 01:39:47 PM
Dear LaoisLad,

Change that title to the British Open, lol.

Orior

No.

ONeill

Typical southern Brit-loving cap-tipping Queen-welcoming thread title.

I suppose it's The Grand National at Aintree as well.

SHAME.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thewobbler

The bookies have definitely tightened up on big prices in the past year. There's not the romantic three-figure prices around that there used to be.

My 2 e/w selections:

Kuchar 40/1
Goosen 50/1
Rose 50/1
Schwartzel 50/1
Clarke 150/1 or E Molinari 100/1

ONeill

Luke Donald might finally justify his no.1 position. Shot a 63 yesterday after 2 67s.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Can't be long until Hardy has something to say.

Tony Baloney

Who is paying out on the biggest number of places for an e/w?

It's hard to look past the usual suspects in the top 6 or so. Donald, McIlroy, GMac, Westwood should all be thereabouts.

Is there a zero missing from Harrington's odd of 35/1?

Boycey

Quote from: thewobbler on July 11, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
The bookies have definitely tightened up on big prices in the past year. There's not the romantic three-figure prices around that there used to be.

My 2 e/w selections:

Kuchar 40/1
Goosen 50/1
Rose 50/1
Schwartzel 50/1
Clarke 150/1 or E Molinari 100/1

Boylesports paying 8 places and most other firms probably 7 so that'd probably explain the shortening in the bigger prices..

Was watching the coverage yesterday, Peter Alliss must of mentioned everyone in the field as an outside bet for next week.

I'll probably be the same as you and do a couple of quid e/w on 4-5 players. I just need to narrow it down from my current 20 fancies..

Rossie11

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2011, 01:57:48 PM

It's hard to look past the usual suspects in the top 6 or so. Donald, McIlroy, GMac, Westwood should all be thereabouts.

Boyles are paying top 8. I would back Harrington @ 35/1 before I would back either Donald or Westwood @ 11/1 to be honest.

thewobbler

Can't agree Rossie. Donald and Westwood are so consistent these days that if they're beaten, it's by someone having a superb tournament. They're always in the mix, and links golf isn't going to phase either of them. Harrington gets beaten because he can't keep the ball on the fairway.

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on July 11, 2011, 02:31:46 PM
Can't agree Rossie. Donald and Westwood are so consistent these days that if they're beaten, it's by someone having a superb tournament. They're always in the mix, and links golf isn't going to phase either of them. Harrington gets beaten because he can't keep the ball on the fairway.

Diiferent strokes ( ;D) in a major.

Westwood and Donald will probably do what they always do.

Jason Day had a bad weekend but has had two good majors recently and obviously Schwartzel is worth a look. Sergio is finding form lately but must be added to the Westwood and Donald camp.

Harrington is more likely to win than any of the above but equally could join one or two of them in missing the cut. I would love to see big Darren have a real crack at it.

The two Macs (Mc) have to both have serious chances. There aren't that many major winners in the field, even less major winners who have played well recently and even less again who are links born and bred.

That said the Yanks are going to start winning again at some stage. Watney and Stricker have been in good form and one could easily win.

I reckon one of the last 4 names above will win.
MWWSI 2017

bridgegael

i think harrington is worth an e/w bet but thought he would have been around 66/1 given his form.
be interesting to see wat way stricker goes, should be in the mix come sunday
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 11, 2011, 01:57:48 PM

McLeans offering 6 places and will refund bets if McIlroy wins.
Tbc....