Jim Nicholson - Conservative & Unionist
5 (4.2%)
Ian Parsley - Alliance
12 (10%)
None of the above
25 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Maguire01

Talking about voting along tribal lines... how do you measure how good one of our MEPs are?

I was looking at Allister's pamphlet and he had some 'stats' from the last 5 years, showing that he attended more sittings, asked more questions and made more speeches than the 2 other MEPs. Significantly more in fact. Now i'm sure at least half of his speeches and questions were hot air, but how do you measure performance? Can anyone list any achievements in Europe by DeBrun, Nicholson or Allister over the past 5 years?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 10:11:21 PM
Talking about voting along tribal lines... how do you measure how good one of our MEPs are?

I was looking at Allister's pamphlet and he had some 'stats' from the last 5 years, showing that he attended more sittings, asked more questions and made more speeches than the 2 other MEPs. Significantly more in fact. Now i'm sure at least half of his speeches and questions were hot air, but how do you measure performance? Can anyone list any achievements in Europe by DeBrun, Nicholson or Allister over the past 5 years?
SISO.

whiskeysteve

Diane dodds is completely incapable of avoiding rhetoric. I know this is a common failing but she really does sound like a schoolgirl rhyming off a report.

Jim Allistair is some craic!
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

slow corner back

It amy mean something or it may mean nothing at all but yesterday I drove through bushmills on my way somewhere else, bushmills being arguably the staunchest DUP village in the north, and saw 3 or 4 posters of dodds vandalized with red paint. It may not mean anything or it may mean Allister is getting the reaction he wants, could be a surprise on the cards, if Allister polls 50,000 or above the DUP will sh*t themselves.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: slow corner back on May 31, 2009, 11:20:18 PM
It amy mean something or it may mean nothing at all but yesterday I drove through bushmills on my way somewhere else, bushmills being arguably the staunchest DUP village in the north, and saw 3 or 4 posters of dodds vandalized with red paint. It may not mean anything or it may mean Allister is getting the reaction he wants, could be a surprise on the cards, if Allister polls 50,000 or above the DUP will sh*t themselves.
I would guess the staunchest DUP supporters have no time for a party that has gone into government with Sinn Fein (or Sinn Fein/IRA to use their venacular) so it would come as no surprise if a hardline element fired a few warning shots across the bows.

Still can't really see past Dodds, Nicholson and Barbie.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 31, 2009, 11:35:21 PM
Still can't really see past Dodds, Nicholson and Barbie.
I can see the SDLP sneaking the third on transfers - Nicholson losing out.

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 31, 2009, 10:52:46 PM

SISO.
Eh?

whiskeysteve

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2009, 11:29:59 PM
Ah Bushmills. Jim Allister's posters were probably vandalised too. You simply can't be Unionist enough 'round there.

nor inbred enough
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 31, 2009, 11:40:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 31, 2009, 10:52:46 PM

SISO.
Eh?
Sign in, slope off. Loads of MEPs including the boul Jim were busted a few years back for flying all the way to the European Parliament, signing in and then leaving straight away again. I think it is part of the culture there.

slow corner back

Quote from: hardstation on May 31, 2009, 11:29:59 PM
Ah Bushmills. Jim Allister's posters were probably vandalised too. You simply can't be Unionist enough 'round there.

Nah I had a look round and neither his nor Nicholsons were touched, obviously no papish puts up posters there or they would be burnt. Tis was speciffically directed at Dodds

mountainboii

Could Diane Dodds have a more condescending voice?

ziggysego

Quote from: AFS on June 02, 2009, 06:57:24 PM
Could Diane Dodds have a more condescending voice?

Met her once, she said "Oops a daisy"
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I hear the DUP crying that they can't let Sinn Fein top the poll. Why? What differences does it make if they come 1st, 2nd or 3rd? They'll still get elected.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on June 02, 2009, 07:24:45 PM
I hear the DUP crying that they can't let Sinn Fein top the poll. Why? What differences does it make if they come 1st, 2nd or 3rd? They'll still get elected.
Ego. Simple as that.

I have to say, Dodds is brutal. - totally clueless. I watched the politics show in iplayer - Jim Alister is one hateful man (and would be impossible to listen to if he somehow managed to get elected), but he's a lot smarter and more competent than Dodds.

Ari

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 06, 2009, 02:07:32 PM
Colin Duffy will be removed from the poll (and arrested for something or other) if he decides not to stand.

I think it will be Babs, Jim Nicholson and Diane Dodds, but expect a fractured unionist vote, with Jim (the dino bigot) Allister and Ian flatleaf getting a fair few of the unionist votes.

If Allister is a bigot, what does that make Duffy? Just asking this as it was brought up at the start of the thread.

As for voting, they're all useless. I'll probably vote for Nicholson, because I can't bring myself to vote DUP and I personally think Jim Allister is an arsehole. The Alliance and Green party are a waste of time and sinn fein have zero chance of getting my vote.

SDLP are the only other possibility.