SNOW

Started by maggie, February 02, 2009, 12:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Yep think ours at home still out from that time last night as well - it better be on when i get home i couldnt stick another long night like last night

Mhic Easmuint

Electric off at home as well and mobile coverage down as well.  Not great when work from home.

Heard from a couple of sources that it could be as much as a week before supply is restored fully there is that much damage to poles/cables etc.

Farrandeelin

Nephin mountain got a good dash of snow as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

clarshack

electric now back on in clonoe/brocagh/killen area

Aerlik

Cold over here too.  Down to 23C.  Brrrrrrrrrr, where's that hotwater bottle?
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

tyrone girl

Quote from: clarshack on March 31, 2010, 03:25:03 PM
electric now back on in clonoe/brocagh/killen area

Not in all parts - as i spoke to sister there 10 mins ago and our road seems to be the only part down there that isnt back on  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Overthebar!

Anyone know what the roads like omagh/strabane direction? heading to ballybofey the morra....

mc_grens

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 31, 2010, 11:41:08 AM
Got stuck in the car on the Glenshane Pass last night at about 7 15 pm Mountain rescue got us out about 3.30 am, made it home after 4 to find electric out on the house and the place like a fridge, an eventful night all in all

My ma was exactly the same, got stuck right at the top, and didnt make it home until 2 this afternoon!

I'm headin home to Claudy tomorrow afternoon/ evening, what are the roads from Aughnacloy to Omagh like? And I usually scoot across then from Omagh- Plumbridge- Gortin- Aughabrack- Claudy. Anybody know what those roads are like?

tyrone girl

Dont think the roads are bad now at all.

ExiledGael

Quote from: mc_grens on March 31, 2010, 05:16:06 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on March 31, 2010, 11:41:08 AM
Got stuck in the car on the Glenshane Pass last night at about 7 15 pm Mountain rescue got us out about 3.30 am, made it home after 4 to find electric out on the house and the place like a fridge, an eventful night all in all

My ma was exactly the same, got stuck right at the top, and didnt make it home until 2 this afternoon!

I'm headin home to Claudy tomorrow afternoon/ evening, what are the roads from Aughnacloy to Omagh like? And I usually scoot across then from Omagh- Plumbridge- Gortin- Aughabrack- Claudy. Anybody know what those roads are like?

The roads around Aughnacloy Ballygawley and Omagh today are perfect. Certainly the main roads.
Would have my doubts about Plumbridge direction but haven't been there so can't say.

Stall the Bailer

Roads from Gortin - Plum - Claudy are ok at the minute, snow plough has been out. Will take you a bit longer than usual but still passable.
If there is much more snow tonight it could be messy.

mc_grens