Tir Eoghain -v- Maigh Eo - Sunday 13th April

Started by ziggysego, April 06, 2008, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: phpearse on April 07, 2008, 01:04:58 PM
Third from bottom is where this Tyrone team deserves to be in this league. Tyrone were in the same position last year with Mayo coming to Healy Park with little to play for. Tyrone were fighting against relegation. Mayo won handy, with other results saving our bacon. Tyrone would be mid table in div 2 this year and would most likely not have secured promotion had they went down last year. Would expect Mayo to just about sneak a win on Sunday. Looking forward to next year Div 1 will truely be the best 8 teams in the country, with the additional of Monaghan and Dublin into the division.  Survival in that division would be very tough.

Oh shit - I hope we go down - cos if Dublin come up, we'll get the shit kicked out of us again - I just hope the match is in Omagh - do you think by that time, it will be acceptable to have the PSNI riot squad on duty to protect us ?? Apparently Pillar is intent on adding to his backroom team this winter - he's bringing in a few more stats men !!  ;) ;D ;D

ildanach

Quote from: Gnevin on April 07, 2008, 01:10:03 PM
[Think it's going to take other season for the Divisions to sort them self out .Epically the lower divisions, I see Tyrone dropping next year unless major improvement happen Mayo/Monaghan will struggle .Cork should be up
Considering we are in a rebuilding period and have been in the top division for 9 years (i am open to correction) and the unlucky results of 1pt defeat to galway & donegal, hitting the crossbar twice v derry before losing by a goal. i wont be overly worried about our division 1 status next year ;). (its this year i would worry about with a run of bad luck like we've had- and please nobody come on a say u make your own luck :()
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Zapatista

Rebuilding is a nice way of saying - we're crap right now - Roscommon have been rebuilding since the 40s :D

ildanach

Quote from: Zapatista on April 07, 2008, 05:39:08 PM
Rebuilding is a nice way of saying - we're crap right now - Roscommon have been rebuilding since the 40s :D
they never hold onto the foreman long enough to finish the job :P
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

mayoman dan

Whats the story with Aiden Higgins? Is he still on the panel? I would like to see him tried in the corner against Tyrone with Conroy at fb and maybe Heaney in the other corner.We really need to sort out our fb line and soon were leaking far to many goals.

Muzz

Quote from: To whom it may concern on April 07, 2008, 12:59:47 PM

surely the swift experiment will have to end.....didn't get to game sat night, why mcgee subbed?? roasted? perhaps he may give gourley a game, one of our most versatile players...

what the story with hub??

Mickey's policy of substituting yellow carded players was the reason for both being substituted.  I take it since you didnt get to the game, to comment on the players is unwarranted.  Swift played well on Sat night.

McGee did well for not having played much all season.

Tyrone Dreamer

I'm not sure were the criticism of Swift has come out of on here. With the exception of the Donegal McKenna Cup game he has looked like a good prospect all year. Might take a year for him to be ready to start in the championship but who knows.

Barney

I've borrowed these details from www.mayogaablog.com (so thanks to the author for doing the research). Anyhow here are recent results between the teams:

Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 4-7 (Omagh, 8/4/2007). MAYO: D Clarke; A Higgins, L O'Malley, K Higgins; G Mullins, BJ Padden, E Devenney; P Harte, J Nallen; A Moran (0-1), G Brady (0-3), A Kilcoyne; C Mortimor (3-1, one pen), A Dillon (0-2, two frees), M Conroy. Subs: J Kilcullen for Kilcoyne, T Howley (1-0) for Devenney, P Gardiner for Mullins.

Mayo 1-8 Tyrone 0-11 (McHale Park, 9/4/2006). MAYO: J Healy; D Heaney, L O'Malley, K Higgins; T Howley, J Nallen, P Gardiner (1-0); J Gill, R McGarrity; BJ Padden, A Dillon (0-1, free), G Brady (0-1); A O'Malley (0-3), K O'Neill (0-2, one free), A Moran. Subs: D Brady (0-1) for Gill (49 mins), T Mortimer for O'Neill (60 mins).

Tyrone 1-11 Mayo 0-16 (Omagh, 20/3/2005). MAYO: D Clarke; L O'Malley, D Heaney, K Higgins; G Mullins, J Nallen (0-1), P Gardiner (0-2); J Gill, B J Padden (0-1); A Moran, A Dillon (0-2, one free), A Kilcoyne (0-1); C Mortimer (0-5, four frees), T Mortimer (0-3), J Prenty. Subs: P Kelly for Gill, inj (six mins), C Moran (0-1) for Mullins, yellow card (nine mins), M Conroy for Prenty (half-time), D Geraghty for Moran (48 mins), C Costello for Kilcoyne, yellow card (53 mins).

NFL

Mayo 1-5 Tyrone 2-11 (McHale Park, 14/3/2004). MAYO: D Clarke; D Geraghty, P Kelly, G Ruane; F Costello, G Mullins, C Moran; F Kelly, R McGarrity (0-1); M Moyles (0-1), BJ Padden, T Mortimer; M McNicholas, A O'Malley (0-3, two frees), D Munnelly (1-0). Subs: D Heaney for F Kelly (35 mins); A Costello for McNicholas (54 mins); B Ruane for Moran (61 mins); D Sweeney for Mullins (65 mins).

Championship

Quarter-Final: Mayo 0-16 Tyrone 1-9 (Croke Park, 8/8/2004). MAYO : P Burke; C Moran, D Heaney, G Ruane; P Gardiner, J Nallen, F Costello; R McGarrity (0-1), D Brady (0-3); J Gill, C McDonald (0-1, free), A Dillon (0-6, four frees); C Mortimer (0-3, one free), T Mortimer (0-2), B Maloney. Subs: P Kelly for Costello (36 mins), A Moran for C Mortimer (61 mins), D Sweeney for Heaney (64 mins), A O'Malley for Maloney (70 mins).

Semi-Final: Tyrone 3-12 Mayo 0-11 (Enniskillen, 14/4/2002). MAYO: P Burke; P Coyne, D Heaney, G Ruane; A Higgins, J Nallen, N Connelly; D Brady, S Fitzmaurice; J Gill (0-1), T Mortimer, S Carolan (0-1); C Mortimer (0-6, three frees), J Horan, M McNicholas (0-1). Subs: A Roche for Connelly (44 mins), D Tiernan (0-2) for Brady (48 mins), M Moyles for Gill (48 mins), D Nestor for T Mortimer (52 mins), C McManamon for Horan (65 mins).

Barney

Interesting to see there should be 9 changes to the Mayo team lining out on Sunday (from last year of course)

moysider

Yeah. Massive changes in mayo teams from one year to the next does nt seem to happen to such an extent in other counties?

QUOTE FROM GNEVIN     'I see Tyrone dropping next year unless major improvement happen Mayo/Monaghan will struggle .Cork should be up'

Who exactly needs the major improvement, Tyrone or Mayo/Monaghan?  I m interested why you feel Mayo might struggle? Have no real concerns about next year myself. Is there a train I dont see coming?

orangeman

Is James Nallen still playing for Mayo ? What age is he ? He's been a great servant to Mayo.

Lar Naparka

I don’t see James Nallen featuring come the championships.
The possibility of Ciaran McDonald being around is fairly slim also. O’Mahony stated that he’d give the “veterans” plenty of time to make up their minds but would be closing the panel at the end of the present league. He said he’d be giving the pair, along with Ger Brady, a chance to come along and play in a trial game before then but I haven’t heard that any of them has taken up the invitation.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

the Deel Rover

Quote from: orangeman on April 09, 2008, 11:06:59 AM
Is James Nallen still playing for Mayo ? What age is he ? He's been a great servant to Mayo.

He is 34
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Terry Tate

QuoteHe said he'd be giving the pair, along with Ger Brady, a chance to come along and play in a trial game

Is that a joke? I would have thought two former all-stars would'nt have to play in trial games at this stage. Both are still flying for there club. Sounds like o'mahony doesnt want them.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Terry Tate on April 09, 2008, 01:12:37 PM
QuoteHe said he'd be giving the pair, along with Ger Brady, a chance to come along and play in a trial game

Is that a joke? I would have thought two former all-stars would'nt have to play in trial games at this stage. Both are still flying for there club. Sounds like o'mahony doesnt want them.

my thoughts exactly, however he can now say that they were asked to go for trials and they didn't bother he doesn't have to say publicily that they are not in his plans
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001