ziggysego

Allianz GAA Football National League Roinn I 2010 - Round 5

GAILLIMH V TÍR EOGHAIN

Time: 2 30 PM, Venue: Tuam Stadium

Referee: Marty Duffy

TG4.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Deferred coverage I think Ziggy, Waterford v Cork in the hurling is on live I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Quote from: Minder on March 14, 2010, 11:24:02 PM
Deferred coverage I think Ziggy, Waterford v Cork in the hurling is on live I think.

That'll suit me then :)
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tyrone Dreamer

Here's a team I'd like to see tried before the end of the league if we could get the players fit and in a bit of form:
McConnell
McCarron
Joe McMahon
Carlin
Justy McMahon
Gormley
Jordan
Cassidy
Colm Cavanagh
Dooher/Mellon/Sean O'Neill - 1 of them
Cavanagh
McGinley
Penrose
O'Neill
Mulligan

Last year we struggled round the middle 8 against Cork. Couldnt match them physically or for mobility. Think there is potential to address this with this team. Obviously Colm Cavanagh has a lot to prove that he is fit to start midfield in the championship but deserves a few more games in the league based on last few games. Think Hub was exposed for a lack of pace last year in Croke Park but could still do a job as a sub. Hopefully McGinley can find some form.

Goats Do Shave

I always thought Colm Cav would end up in full forward since he tore Ardboe to shreds as a 18/19 year old. I'm starting to change my mind. If he can improve his fielding (which should come with game time) he has the mobility, height & strength to be a real asset for Tyrone in the middle.

rrhf

red sean wouldnt make your half back line Dreamer - even after last weekends performance - which may I add you have used the game to position other men based on their performance. ?   

omagh_gael

I wonder will any of the u-21's feature this weekend? If I was to pick my 15 for this game I'd start with

JD
Carlin
Justy
Red Sean
Ricey
Gormley
Davey
Cassidy
Hub/Mc Ginley
C Cav
C Mc Cullagh
Joe
Penrose
Mugsy
Coney/P Harte

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: rrhf on March 17, 2010, 10:46:38 AM
red sean wouldnt make your half back line Dreamer - even after last weekends performance - which may I add you have used the game to position other men based on their performance. ?

It always seems to be easier to make an impression from the bench. There is plenty of running in O'Neill and he is good going forward. Seems to make mistakes at the back though which might be down to nerves. Wouldn't be far away from the team but not sure who I'd start him before in defence. It depends on the form of Jordan and if it will take a few more games to decide on whether McCarron is ready to start.

Due to his long range shooting and abilility to run with the ball could be an outside option for half forward. The team above is not necessarily the one I would pick for the championship either.

rrhf

No it easier to make an impression when you play in the area of the field that your performances in that position merited your county panel inclusion in the first place.  Would you start Mellon or Dooher in the half back line?   

up tyrone

Quote from: rrhf on March 17, 2010, 01:57:02 PM
No it easier to make an impression when you play in the area of the field that your performances in that position merited your county panel inclusion in the first place.  Would you start Mellon or Dooher in the half back line?
I wud suggest watch the video of the match analyse red sean yes he looks great because of his attacking ability,but you have to remember his job is to defend 1st and foremost  something he is very suspect on ,can be very loose,most of corks play was going through d oconnor who he was supposed to be marking.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: rrhf on March 17, 2010, 01:57:02 PM

I'm not sure what the positioning of Mellon or Dooher has to do with Sean O'Neill. He did look good going forward the other night and is a decent player. He may well go on to make it in the Tyrone half back line. I'm not sure if you have been to any other games this year but he has made mistakes and looked dodgy at times. Had a very poor game at half back in Ballybofey. At the minute I wouldn't start him before Jordan,Gormley or McMahon.

Due to his running abilty and long distance shooting he may be worth a go at half forward to see how he gets on. Goods players can generally play in different positions. For example Joe McMahon was converted to half forward, Sean Cavanagh was converted to full forward.

Dooher did actually play half back for Tyrone at a time. I'm quite sure at this peak he could have made it there. If Mellon had been tried in his younger days I actually think it could have been his best position.

Tyrone Dreamer

Is there any particular reason why this game is in Tuam? Have Galway played any other league games there in recent years?

Club Rossa

Loser of this one will be in big trouble.What's the story with Michael Meehan,will he miss out?

Cde

see on rte web site that he is out for the League but is expected back for the championshp