Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

yellowcard

What is Rodgers overall away record in European football, must be brutal at this stage.

charlieTully

Quote from: yellowcard on October 04, 2018, 07:37:39 PM
What is Rodgers overall away record in European football, must be brutal at this stage.

Celtic have struggled for years away in Europe. There was no realistic expectation to win tonight. That team were semi finalists last season. We need to win home games and hopefully get something at Rosenberg to progress.

ned

Even going in 1-0 up at HT we were lucky. Seemed to score and then invite the pressure and with our defence it was only a matter of time til we fucked it up. We cannot continue with Lustig and Hendry and expect anything else althlugh there is little alternative with injuries at the moment. Thought it was reckless continuing with two up front for so long.

Applesisapples

To cap a miserable night Rangers won 3-1

themac_23

Quote from: charlieTully on October 04, 2018, 09:25:16 PM

Celtic have struggled for years away in Europe. There was no realistic expectation to win tonight. That team were semi finalists last season. We need to win home games and hopefully get something at Rosenberg to progress.

How are that team in the Europa League? they were quality all over the pitch, sometimes ya gotta hold your hands up and say the other team were just too good

MoChara

Quote from: themac_23 on October 05, 2018, 09:37:27 AM
Quote from: charlieTully on October 04, 2018, 09:25:16 PM

How are that team in the Europa League? they were quality all over the pitch, sometimes ya gotta hold your hands up and say the other team were just too good

RB Salzburg  were Semi Finalist last year just beaten by marseille 3-2 , and the other team RB Leipzeig are the ones who beat Zenit last year, the team that knocked us out 3-1.

Are we even a europa league team anymore?

Over the Bar

Excellent today.  Forrest got MOTM but Rogic pulled the strings and put them on a plate for him. Big 2 domestic games v Hibs and Hearts after the break. Bring it on!

charlieTully

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 07, 2018, 05:40:21 PM
Excellent today.  Forrest got MOTM but Rogic pulled the strings and put them on a plate for him. Big 2 domestic games v Hibs and Hearts after the break. Bring it on!

Rogic and Forrest linked beautifully. Brilliant performance. Thank God.

illdecide

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 07, 2018, 05:40:21 PM

Wouldn't get to worried about Hearts but Hibs will be a toughie, Lennon's teams are always hard to beat.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

marty34

Needed not only the result but a 5 star performance.  That was important. Hopefully that'll boost the confidence in the team now. Pity there's the break for internationals now - would have liked another game before them to see how it'd go.

Applesisapples

Once more Celtic shite in Europe whilst the Gers march on. Somebody needs to get a grip soon.

themac_23

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2018, 08:53:40 AM
Once more Celtic shite in Europe whilst the Gers march on. Somebody needs to get a grip soon.

Gers March on, seriously? They drew at home to a side who just sacked their manager and had a fitness coach in charge, personally I couldn't care about the blue half of Glasgow. We have enough problems ourselves, basic errors are killing us in europe, last night we didn't play that badly in fact right up until the 1st goal I was pleased with how it was going but again stupid errors kill all our good work. We need a new keeper, right back and centre back, possibly another striker too. Get them in jan and build for next seasons qualifiers now so we don't have the same crap we had in the summer

marty34

We're def. not good enough for Campions League and will struggle to qualify in Europa League - that's the level Celtic are at. Scottish league is a poor enough league so teams can't expect to do well in Europe regardless of who their teams play nowadays.

They didn't invest in summer - as a matter of fact it was a mess. As I stated before board though they could squeeze through to another champions league group stage without investing. They got badly caught out. Will be difficult to qualify now in Europa League.  The gamble failed miserably. The board also think they'd win league again without much investment - which they should do but tighter than expected I think.

As you say, new investment needed: keeper, right back and centre back. A forward also. Celtic have too many average players on their books....not playing but on decent wages.  They need to go and keep a smaller panel but more quality.  Supplement this with youth team players should be the way to go in my opinion.

Applesisapples

Quote from: themac_23 on October 26, 2018, 10:29:38 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 26, 2018, 08:53:40 AM

Gers March on, seriously? They drew at home to a side who just sacked their manager and had a fitness coach in charge, personally I couldn't care about the blue half of Glasgow. We have enough problems ourselves, basic errors are killing us in europe, last night we didn't play that badly in fact right up until the 1st goal I was pleased with how it was going but again stupid errors kill all our good work. We need a new keeper, right back and centre back, possibly another striker too. Get them in jan and build for next seasons qualifiers now so we don't have the same crap we had in the summer
Rangers have 5 points and top the group. celtic have 3 and can't even raise a performance. It is not good enough.