Reports now the bid wasn't what it seemed as is turned down again

screenexile

Quote from: charlieTully on July 14, 2019, 06:09:24 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 14, 2019, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 14, 2019, 03:49:14 PM
A pittance.
He plays in the SPL!

Your point is?

I think his point is the SPL is a very minor league in Europe and thus being a decent player in the SPL doesn't mean you can cut it at Premier League level and that £20m odd is around Tierney's level...

Just a guess but I'm sure michaelg will clarify!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
A pittance.
He plays in the SPL!

Your point is?

I think his point is the SPL is a very minor league in Europe and thus being a decent player in the SPL doesn't mean you can cut it at Premier League level and that £20m odd is around Tierney's level...

Birds of a feather ,,,, :)

I'm sure Arsenal would not be offering personal terms of £20m,  £5m p/a for 4 years if they thought Tierney couldn't hack it in the EPL. Im also sure they have seen him hack it at CL, EL and international  levels.
Translate salary into transfer fee worth, then £25m is a pittance.

ned

Quote from: Main Street on July 15, 2019, 12:47:02 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 14, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
A pittance.
He plays in the SPL!

Your point is?

Birds of a feather ,,,, :)

I'm sure Arsenal would not be offering personal terms of £20m,  £5m p/a for 4 years if they thought Tierney couldn't hack it in the EPL. Im also sure they have seen him hack it at CL, EL and international  levels.
Translate salary into transfer fee worth, then £25m is a pittance.

Exactly, Tierney has played in and cut it in the CL. Obviously, Arsenal are looking at the bigger picture i.e. the actual player and his capabilities. Anyone with an ounce of sense could see VanDijk was a cut above and destined for the top "despite" only playing in Scotland. I would have preferred he went to 
one of the better leagues like Spain or Italy.

illdecide

KT is worth every penny and some in todays silly EPL valuations, I would take the money tbh as it's mega to Celtic and if i'm being honest here i think with his injury problems recently i'd break their arm off for it. He's been fantastic for Celtic but no-one could begrudge him the move which will quadruple his wages and let him have the next chapter in his adventure...

Good luck KT whatever happens next...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Celtic will play Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv or Cluj of Romania in the Champions League third qualifying round should they overcome Nomme Kalju.

The Scottish champions host the Estonians in the first leg on Wednesday while Cluj host Maccabi.

Cluj won Liga 1 for the fifth time last season - and second season in a row - and have Dan Petrescu as head coach.

Maccabi topped the Israeli Premier League for a 22nd time, but it was their first title since 2015.

tyroneman

I'd be very worried about 9iar, never mind 10iar at this stage.

Bar Julilen, there has been no-one of any proven quality bought who will make others look over thier shoulder - and he is near nailed on to start anyway.

Mbombo has zero competition for LB, whoever comes in (eventually) at RB will have no real competition either.

The MF has had no additions bar a decent youth project and up front we are same as before.

All in all there is nothing to create a sense of urgency or competition for places.

illdecide

Quote from: tyroneman on July 22, 2019, 01:56:41 PM

Bar Julilen, there has been no-one of any proven quality bought who will make others look over thier shoulder - and he is near nailed on to start anyway.

Mbombo has zero competition for LB, whoever comes in (eventually) at RB will have no real competition either.

The MF has had no additions bar a decent youth project and up front we are same as before.

All in all there is nothing to create a sense of urgency or competition for places.

If things end they way there right now then yes we'll be disappointed...I disagree with your upfront options...Griff is back and Bayo is an option too (i know he untried but i've a good feeling about this lad).
I do agree with you regarding LB & RB though and we def need reinforcement as it's not if tierney goes but when and RB has been a problem for a few seasons now and is worse now

bogball88

Quote from: illdecide on July 22, 2019, 11:40:40 AM
Celtic will play Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv or Cluj of Romania in the Champions League third qualifying round should they overcome Nomme Kalju.

The Scottish champions host the Estonians in the first leg on Wednesday while Cluj host Maccabi.

Cluj won Liga 1 for the fifth time last season - and second season in a row - and have Dan Petrescu as head coach.

Maccabi topped the Israeli Premier League for a 22nd time, but it was their first title since 2015.
May as well hand out the fine now if its going to be Maccabi Tel-Aviv

marty34

Quote from: tyroneman on July 22, 2019, 01:56:41 PM

I agree. So far another summer of stagnation, seeing if we can qualify after 4 rounds before spending the cash.

As I said before, too many average players on the wage bill.  Clear 5 or 6 out and get a bit of quality in and supplement panel with youth players.

Imposerous

I would have high hopes for the young lad Henderson.  Seems to have a great eye for a creative pass.

Main Street

Celtic starlet Barry Coffey who scored Ireland's winner last night v Czech Rep had good words to say about Neil Lennon in a post match interview,
"The gaffer [Neil Lennon], he's unreal. He's tough, he's passionate, he's hard-working. He's a top-quality manager and that's a credit to him. He's been great to work under and hopefully I can keep getting better and keep improving my game."

https://tinyurl.com/y5sdum3k