Big fat gypsy wedding luck of the Irish

Started by Wildweasel74, August 30, 2013, 09:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

There may be a topic on this so sorry if starting one again

Just watching this on TV, nothing offensive or anything, but why do travellers from different parts of Ireland all sound the same?
They seem to have no local accent, even dealing with travellers in Belfast , they all seem to have a very strong southern accent even though they may have been born in belfast,

laoislad

What's a very strong Southern accent? There are tons of different accents here.
Do you think we all sound the same?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

no not at all, Louth, dublin, wexford, cork, all accents are different and you can pick up in general where abouts someone is from, In belfast you would mistake them from down round Limerick even though they have been born up here

laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2013, 09:57:22 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2013, 09:41:42 PM
What's a very strong Southern accent? There are tons of different accents here.
Do you think we all sound the same?
There are a right few different accents up here but you would know a northern accent if you heard it.

Ye all sound the same to me.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Wildweasel74

Its not hard to pick out a Ballymena accent up here lol, A derry city accent is very different than a south derry one, Armagh people from Crossmaglen sound different that the Lurgan crowd, Cork is the stand out accent down south, pick a cork person out  off a crowd easy.

With Travellers it is very hard to distinguish where they are from, maybe it is with moving around but alot of travellers are settled now.

BennyCake

There's 2 shows that make me want to kick the TV in, and this is one of them.

orangeman

The big lad with the tash used to do a fair bit of boxing and maybe still does. He's some bear of a man.

Wildweasel74

Thought i seen the father in the sunday world a few times alright

Gaffer

Quote from: orangeman on August 31, 2013, 12:47:08 AM
The big lad with the tash used to do a fair bit of boxing and maybe still does. He's some bear of a man.

Youtube is full of him mouthing and slabbering.

A  great example to his up and coming kin.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Nigel White

Bizarre thing is what the Priest said - Asked what he did then, he said: "I went on ahead with the wedding - I could do nothing else, because they were anxious to get this girl married.

Agent Orange

foxcommander

Quote from: Nigel White on February 11, 2015, 08:54:57 PM
Bizarre thing is what the Priest said - Asked what he did then, he said: "I went on ahead with the wedding - I could do nothing else, because they were anxious to get this girl married.

I think he just wanted it over and done with....
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Hardy

NAG1

When did travellers become a separate Race?