Dublin v Monaghan, Croke Park, 5.30pm, RTE/BBC

Tailteann Cup Final

Down v Meath, Croke Park, 3pm, RTE

Sunday July 16

All-Ireland SFC Semi-Final

Derry v Kerry, Croke Park, 4pm, RTE/BBC

All-Ireland JFC Final

New York/Warwickshire v Kilkenny/London, Croke Park, 1.30pm
Down have the support of Dublin and Monaghan supporters in Tailteann final then??
nil satis nisi optimum

Armagh18

Quote from: full moon on July 02, 2023, 09:42:02 PM
As much as I was glad Monaghan beat Armagh, I think Armagh likely would give Dublin a better game.

That said I don't think Derry or Monaghan will do any worse than the likes of Mayo and Tyrone showed this weekend. That was extremely disappointing by both sides who are much more fancied, many tipping them to win those games.
Monagahn won't fear Dublin and will give them their fill of it. Derry will be a whole lot closer to Kerry than Tyrone were, but don't see either of the Ulster teams causing an upset

NotedObserver

Quote from: Mario on July 02, 2023, 06:36:07 PM
Kerry conceded the kick out to Tyrone, I don't think you can do that vs Derry as they won't give the ball away cheaply in attack like Tyrone did, making Kerry look great on the counter. Derry also have a stronger midfield than Kerry if they do force the kickouts long. The game will be tighter than people think and I fancy Derry's chances of an upset.

Derrys midfield haven't been dominate in the air too often this year

seafoid

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 03, 2023, 07:35:35 AM
Kerry conceded the kick out to Tyrone, I don't think you can do that vs Derry as they won't give the ball away cheaply in attack like Tyrone did, making Kerry look great on the counter. Derry also have a stronger midfield than Kerry if they do force the kickouts long. The game will be tighter than people think and I fancy Derry's chances of an upset.

Someone said on RTE yesterday that their job is more a mix of defence and making attacks happen

Mario

Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 07:54:32 AM

Someone said on RTE yesterday that their job is more a mix of defence and making attacks happen
I thought they did very well v Cork on long kickouts, especially Glass

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 03, 2023, 03:59:57 AM
As much as I was glad Monaghan beat Armagh, I think Armagh likely would give Dublin a better game.

That said I don't think Derry or Monaghan will do any worse than the likes of Mayo and Tyrone showed this weekend. That was extremely disappointing by both sides who are much more fancied, many tipping them to win those games.
Monagahn won't fear Dublin and will give them their fill of it. Derry will be a whole lot closer to Kerry than Tyrone were, but don't see either of the Ulster teams causing an upset

Can't  see either Ulster team getting  near Kerry or  Dublin

Kerry  and Dublin will both win    by  12+ points

armaghniac

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 03, 2023, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 03, 2023, 03:59:57 AM

Can't  see either Ulster team getting  near Kerry or  Dublin

Kerry  and Dublin will both win    by  12+ points

I'm not sure of this, the margin should be less. Dublin did not thrive against Roscommon in the group stages, and if Monaghan keep their shape then the score may be kept down. Of course, Monaghan have been known to have off days too. Likewise, Derry are better than Tyrone and should keep it tighter.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: Mario on July 03, 2023, 09:19:55 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2023, 07:54:32 AM

I thought they did very well v Cork on long kickouts, especially Glass

I thought so too. In the 2nd half we pressed their kickout and won or broke the majority of long kicks.

seafoid

It seems like an anticlimax. Journalists didn't have a clue either, saying that quarter finals would be more equal or that it was going to be like 2010 with
none of the established teams left in the semis. It's a bit like Real Madrid in the final again.

Captain Obvious

To Quote.

QuoteIf Monaghan and Derry win both their semi finals the All-Ireland final will be null and void for 2023 due to both teams playing each other earlier in the group stage

Wildweasel74

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 03, 2023, 06:12:23 PM
To Quote.

QuoteIf Monaghan and Derry win both their semi finals the All-Ireland final will be null and void for 2023 due to both teams playing each other earlier in the group stage

Seems fair

This  thing where teams can't meet  again is ridiculous. If Tyrone had reached the semis , Monaghan couldn't draw  them  because they played  way back in the first   round of Ulster? How  many rounds ago is that?  Madness.

The only  thing  about the way the semis draw  has worked  out is that you'll  more likely get  a competitive All Ireland final in Kerry and  Dublin.  Had one of the Ulster teams  reached the final , I'd imagine it would be  very one sided . Having  said that , It's  another AI final featuring those two , and it's not  as if Kerry or Dublin are lacking in AI titles , but there ya go

deadlock

They should play the semis in the morning as warm up games and the Dublin v Kerry game that afternoon?

restorepride

Quote from: deadlock on July 03, 2023, 11:24:09 PM
They should play the semis in the morning as warm up games and the Dublin v Kerry game that afternoon?
I hope that post comes back to haunt you.

Wildweasel74

Monaghan have always caused Dublin plenty of problems, I see the nxt game no difference. Dublin were very good today, but Mayo calfed, they should been ahead at half time. Gave 2 very poor goals away and missed a sitter of a goal. The older a mayo team would kept with it. This team gave up, abit like last year against Kerry.