Adam Johnson court case

Started by Longshanks, February 12, 2016, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: smelmoth on March 25, 2016, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 25, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
OK, Pedantic then :). Are paedophile acts illegal?
Well abusing a child, viewing images of child abuse etc are all illegal. Did you need me to point this out?

And what term would you use to describe this people?
Child abusers

Paedophile also fits, I'll stick to that as will the majority of right thinking individuals, you try and play semantics if that is what gets you off.

thebigfella

Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 01:13:45 PM

He seemed to spend a lot of time googling the age of consent, he's a predator and deserves all he gets, what he did constitutes him being correctly branded a paedophile.

I dunno why I bother.....

The law doesn't distinguish between prepubescent, pubescent or post pubescent when determining abuse of minors. In the uk, 16 is legal age of consent hense the girl was a minor.

Without knowing the facts of the case and only taking the sex with the minor into consideration; from a medical point of view he's not a paedophile. The accepted definition of it would be a sexual atraction to prepubescent or very early pubescent children which the girl is clearly not.

He may very well have paedophillic tendencies but there has been zero evidence to indicate he acted upon them.

smelmoth

Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 25, 2016, 01:17:06 PM
Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 25, 2016, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
OK, Pedantic then :). Are paedophile acts illegal?
Well abusing a child, viewing images of child abuse etc are all illegal. Did you need me to point this out?

And what term would you use to describe this people?
Child abusers

Paedophile also fits, I'll stick to that as will the majority of right thinking individuals, you try and play semantics if that is what gets you off.
Paedophilia is a sexual preference. Anybody with that preference but does not act on it is not a criminal.

If an adult male raped an adult female would you desribe their crime as hetrosexuality? Or are you inconsistent on this point?

seafoid

It shines a bad light on English soccer culture. 3m a year and no respect for women. The arrogance and sense of entitlement plus the lack of remorse and the immaturity.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

general_lee

A paedophile is someone attracted to pre-pubescent children. I think the correct term is ephebofile

No wides

You can give all the "medical terms" you wish - the fact is a paedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children - a 15 year old girl is a child and a 28 year old man grooming her and getting her to perform sexual acts is a paedophile.

general_lee

Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 02:16:05 PM
You can give all the "medical terms" you wish - the fact is a paedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children - a 15 year old girl is a child and a 28 year old man grooming her and getting her to perform sexual acts is a paedophile.
So in continental Europe, where ages of consent vary: are those people paedophiles just because they are breaking UK law, even though what they are doing is legal in that country? Because I'm led to believe it could have happened in any number of countries and he'd not have been arrested.

Longshanks

Quote from: general_lee on March 25, 2016, 02:54:04 PM
Quote from: No wides on March 25, 2016, 02:16:05 PM
So in continental Europe, where ages of consent vary: are those people paedophiles just because they are breaking UK law, even though what they are doing is legal in that country? Because I'm led to believe it could have happened in any number of countries and he'd not have been arrested.

Thats a great point GL, no doubt he deserves his jail time but its valid point regarding age of consent in various countries, surely it should be all the same?

Its like you can drink her at 18 but in america you COULD be fined etc.. as you have to be 21

general_lee

Also he was allowed a few weeks after being found guilty to see his child. What sort judicial system would allow a paedo access to a child?

J70

In the US it would be statutory rape.

haranguerer

He's not a paedophile, although it makes for a great headline and in this hyperbolic age everyone will jump aboard the bandwagon.

Passing through puberty is the process of reaching sexual maturity. Being sexually attracted to someone post puberty, is entirely different to being attracted to pre-pubescents.

There's such ignorance, hypocrisy, and dishonesty round all this, no doubt due to fear of the lynch mob.

Asal Mor

Quote from: haranguerer on March 26, 2016, 06:12:45 AM
He's not a paedophile, although it makes for a great headline and in this hyperbolic age everyone will jump aboard the bandwagon.

Passing through puberty is the process of reaching sexual maturity. Being sexually attracted to someone post puberty, is entirely different to being attracted to pre-pubescents.

There's such ignorance, hypocrisy, and dishonesty round all this, no doubt due to fear of the lynch mob.
Excellent post. A lot of the reporting and social media discussions about this case would hurt your brain. Ignorance, hypocrisy and dishonesty sums it up perfectly.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: general_lee on March 25, 2016, 03:15:50 PM
Also he was allowed a few weeks after being found guilty to see his child. What sort judicial system would allow a paedo access to a child?
Are you a feature writer for The S*n as this is the sort of shit the red tops come out with. Embarrassing stuff there.

Good post Haranguerer and bringing a bit of common sense to proceedings.

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 26, 2016, 10:37:21 AM
Are you a feature writer for The S*n as this is the sort of shit the red tops come out with. Embarrassing stuff there.

GL was asking that sarcastically
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on March 26, 2016, 11:09:44 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 26, 2016, 10:37:21 AM

GL was asking that sarcastically
Aye it was No Wides I needed to reply to. Sorry GL. I'm sure he'll be wrong about something else so we'll leave that one in there  ;)