Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2019, 11:06:27 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 01, 2019, 10:53:07 PM
A baffling day today with some providers, all with the old software methinks, removing any channel that shows Premier League football. I saw a message from one saying they couldn't work around the Premier League block anymore which is untrue, a simple VPN gets around that so you have to think there's more to that story. Maybe authoritys have started to move on the info they found on xtream servers last week?

Providers with new panels haven't taken these channels down.

Actually can anyone else confirm they lost skysports etc

Yeah Skysports and BT sport gone from my channel list.

Was able to watch the games on Virgin One and TNT on the American channel list though... could be an interesting few days you can't really have a service without those channels!!

Sky and Bt intact

Dougal Maguire

Same here. Sky movies and sky entertainment channels intact as well
Careful now

Itchy

A baffling day today with some providers, all with the old software methinks, removing any channel that shows Premier League football. I saw a message from one saying they couldn't work around the Premier League block anymore which is untrue, a simple VPN gets around that so you have to think there's more to that story. Maybe authoritys have started to move on the info they found on xtream servers last week?

Boycey, sorry to correct you again but a simple VPN at the end user end does not guarantee you to avoid the block, the supplier also needs to do something his end. That being said I dont know why any change in front end software would prevent them doing that so you could be right, it could be they have been found out.

As I said my 1st supplier has not lost a second yet due to taking a more wait and see approach, they have almost finished migrating to new front end which has been seemless. I am lucky I am wait these guys at the moment, missed nothing.

The other supplier I have has been good communications wise, is back up after around a week with all the major channels but is missing all his US channels and has no VOD yet but its coming back slowly. Given what has happened I have little to complain about.

Captain Scarlet

Can somone tell me a fully legit system that is reliable?
Not a box, but is TV Now stick any good? I am down south so I'm told the entertainment pass doesn't RTE or BBC.
Can any Saorview boxes pick up BBC?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

general

My system has been working 100%. watched the spurs game last nite on bt with no issue. man utd on Monday no issue either

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Itchy on October 02, 2019, 07:56:57 AM

Boycey, sorry to correct you again but a simple VPN at the end user end does not guarantee you to avoid the block, the supplier also needs to do something his end. That being said I dont know why any change in front end software would prevent them doing that so you could be right, it could be they have been found out.

As I said my 1st supplier has not lost a second yet due to taking a more wait and see approach, they have almost finished migrating to new front end which has been seemless. I am lucky I am wait these guys at the moment, missed nothing.

The other supplier I have has been good communications wise, is back up after around a week with all the major channels but is missing all his US channels and has no VOD yet but its coming back slowly. Given what has happened I have little to complain about.
Did one of your suppliers go yesterday. Gone completely for me. No word from him either. Great while it lasted.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Ambrose

Quote from: general on October 02, 2019, 01:30:02 PM
My system has been working 100%. watched the spurs game last nite on bt with no issue. man utd on Monday no issue either

Mine is grand, a lot less channels than previously but still have all the main ones and thankfully the American sports channels so I don't have to listen to Martin Tyler on Sly Sports.

Is anyone using the newer 4k Firestick, if so what are the 4k streams like on Kodi? I have trouble streaming anything more than 720p on the original Firestick, I have 100 meg broadband, so I assume the original stick is the culprit.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Itchy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 22, 2019, 10:11:26 AM

Did one of your suppliers go yesterday. Gone completely for me. No word from him either. Great while it lasted.

Dont think its gone Gerry, just having an issue. Most suppliers are having issues these days, even the good ones as the new software they are moving to needs refining. I'd say in a few weeks time we will know who is here to stay and who has walked away.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Itchy on October 22, 2019, 12:52:24 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on October 22, 2019, 10:11:26 AM

Dont think its gone Gerry, just having an issue. Most suppliers are having issues these days, even the good ones as the new software they are moving to needs refining. I'd say in a few weeks time we will know who is here to stay and who has walked away.
Latest update on the Facebook page looks like it could be the end.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Main Street

Itchy is right, he's well tuned in ..... for a Cavan man.  Monday and Tuesday were black days, the yellow bar crept towards 2/3 of the way and there she lay. Yesterday evening it came on, but channels and menus were slow to load, then a black screen today. Now it's back this evening, but rte 1&2 are missing, I haven't moseyed around other menus apart from sport and entertainment.
For the most part, the provider has beeen accurate and open with information as matters procede.

Jim_Murphy_74

I have a young lad at home who is mad in soccer, particularly Arsenal.  I don't have Sky and have no intention to get it.  It's not just a money thing as I don't want him watching it morning noon and night instead of studying.  At the moment I bring him with me to the pub for the odd match but he is only 14 and the missus is in my ear about .

A friend mentioned NowTV to me as a possible solution.  I would buy a match pass/match day pass the odd weekend when he wants to watch it.

My questions are has anyone used this service and if so what is a good set up.  I don't have a smart TV.  I see option as:

1) Give him app on his phone and use chromecast
2) Android set top box with Wifi or lan connection
3) NowTV Box connected to Wifi

We have in the past used Live NetTV, TVTAP and Mobdro etc.. and our (crap) rural broadband managed okay but I found it better to be on the wire than the wifi.

Anyway any advice? 

/Jim.

The Gs Man

I have a Now TV box for the likes of Game of Thrones and boxsets etc.  They're a decent piece of kit and have the likes of YouTube and other apps etc.  My subscription is around 7.99 per month and that gets loads of sky content except movies and sports.

I have bought the odd Sky Sports day pass in the past for big matches (before I found other avenues) and they do the job. A bit pricey but the quality is good. 

Just be careful if you decide to just go with the app on his phone as I don't think they support chromecast.

The boxes are pretty cheap anyway and you normally get a month or so free movies or whatever with them.  Or even a free sports pass.     
Keep 'er lit

Dougal Maguire

As with other streaming devices is Now TV about 90 seconds behind the live action?
Careful now

The Gs Man

Maybe 10 seconds at the most I would say.
Keep 'er lit

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: The Gs Man on November 06, 2019, 01:55:23 PM
I have a Now TV box for the likes of Game of Thrones and boxsets etc.  They're a decent piece of kit and have the likes of YouTube and other apps etc.  My subscription is around 7.99 per month and that gets loads of sky content except movies and sports.

I have bought the odd Sky Sports day pass in the past for big matches (before I found other avenues) and they do the job. A bit pricey but the quality is good. 

Just be careful if you decide to just go with the app on his phone as I don't think they support chromecast.

The boxes are pretty cheap anyway and you normally get a month or so free movies or whatever with them.  Or even a free sports pass.   

Thanks I was thinking I will get a box or stick with a free monthly sports pass. 

After that just use it to get a day/weekly sports pass on occasion.   

/Jim.