Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomtask

how did D taggart get on?

under the bar

QuoteAnd to the half-tanked keyboard warriors with half an eye on the TV and the other half on their computer, what have yous achieved lately?embarrassing.

Never post on an empty head, there's a good lad.

longrunsthefox

McCloskey fight nite....  Taggart won on points over four rounds. Slug fest but full of heart. It was the last fite on the bill and most of the crowd had left but rake of Tyrone ones stayed. Mickey Harte and a few of his sons were there to support him.
It was a great nite overall. Place was pumping and great atmosphere. Yer man from Spain hardly laid a glove on McCloskey. Did some star spotting... Joe Brolly and Martin McGuinness were posing for photos ringside, Eoghain Quigg was there, Barry McGuigan... a few others can't remember.
One problem tho... is their no heaters in thon place? Was absolutly freezing, terrible. You could see your own breath. Actually that was unacceptable. Apart from that tho brilliant atmosphere and a lot of GAA tops there. 

milltown row

Aye Fox the place was like a igloo. i left right after the McCloskey fight, didn't realise he was fighting afterwards.

seen quigg dander in. Sambo was there and Paddy Heany and Brolly all sitting together. Brolly never shut up and Heany is a smug looking fecker ;)

Martin and Brolly where up getting photo opportunities all the time. Barry was in good voice and promotes my wife's cousin, Carl Frampton, who fought well and stopped your man in the third (i think)

Minder

Was Kevin "Sweet Pea" O'Hara fighting on either bill last night?

Edit - he won on points on the Rogan undercard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Drumanee 1

Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 07, 2009, 10:05:23 AM
McCloskey fight nite....  Taggart won on points over four rounds. Slug fest but full of heart. It was the last fite on the bill and most of the crowd had left but rake of Tyrone ones stayed. Mickey Harte and a few of his sons were there to support him.
It was a great nite overall. Place was pumping and great atmosphere. Yer man from Spain hardly laid a glove on McCloskey. Did some star spotting... Joe Brolly and Martin McGuinness were posing for photos ringside, Eoghain Quigg was there, Barry McGuigan... a few others can't remember.
One problem tho... is their no heaters in thon place? Was absolutly freezing, terrible. You could see your own breath. Actually that was unacceptable. Apart from that tho brilliant atmosphere and a lot of GAA tops there.

there was no heat on purposely to try and make the Spaniard as uncomfortable as possible.
it seemed to be a who's who of  past and present county players

fingerbob

Was at the rogan fight,crowd went nuts everytime rogan moved his arms when most of the time he was just punching into sextons guard, dissapointing night in all.

bridgegael

rogan had sexton rocking in the 5th round,  very disappointed with the referee when he gave sexton time to recover with his very long warning about holding!! he said next time a point will be taken off,  20 secs later he warned him again bout it!!  over all sexton deserved to win,  he was much sharper and more clinical with his punches.  fair dues to rogan he has got himself into some shape when compared to his prizefighter night,  he has done better than most people ever expected and should be applauded for it!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Drumanee 1

wonder how rogan has came out finacally over this past year

peterquaife

Quote from: Minder on November 07, 2009, 12:47:39 AM
Quote from: peterquaife on November 07, 2009, 12:06:29 AM
Just on the road back from the Dudey fight. Great atmosphere and enjoyable fight. European champion, brilliant. Hopefully now he can push on for a shot @ the world title next year. A lot of good fighters in the division.
And to the half-tanked keyboard warriors with half an eye on the TV and the other half on their computer, what have yous achieved lately?embarrassing.
Fair play and unlucky ot Rogan 'you better believe it'!!!

What an arsehole. Do you not sign off your posts with "PQ" anymore?

you near hit a speed wobble closing rank there M lad

PQ

longrunsthefox

Quote from: milltown row on November 07, 2009, 10:43:54 AM
Aye Fox the place was like a igloo. i left right after the McCloskey fight, didn't realise he was fighting afterwards.

seen quigg dander in. Sambo was there and Paddy Heany and Brolly all sitting together. Brolly never shut up and Heany is a smug looking fecker ;)

Martin and Brolly where up getting photo opportunities all the time. Barry was in good voice and promotes my wife's cousin, Carl Frampton, who fought well and stopped your man in the third (i think)

Aye, I saw Heaney but didn't mention him as I don't think he is a star or a celebrity  :o 

Sandino

I too was very disapointed with the ref in the Rogan fight. Sexton did take a lot of Rogans punches on his arms but he spent most of the first five rounds just holding Rogan, I think the ref was very slow to issue the warning. Sexton is like Rogan a very limited fighter, but I have great respect for the courage showed by Rogan last night. I feel if Sexton had not been allowed to get away with so much holding Rogans bravery may have got him a result early on. Just ran out of steam but brave as heck!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Minder

Rogan hardly hit him a decent punch in the first 5 rounds so I don't know how he was gonna stop him. He was well beat.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

got sexton at 4/1 (inside the distance?) and 11/4 for the Russian inside the distance.

not sure the russian will win now, talking to some boxers last night and they convinced me Haye will win!!

two singles and a double so i'm up any way, but would like the double

Square Ball

what time is the Hay fight on at?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid