AFS

Why is Malignaggi wearing a skirt?  :o

kumquat

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

AFS

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 23, 2008, 04:32:48 AM
f**k, Hatton just dominating, no real contest this one

Yeah kinda boring really, why I hadn't bothered staying up  :(

Hopefully Malignaggi just goes for it in the last round or two, if he has anything left.

EDIT: aw well f**k that then  :D

kumquat

WTF??? Towel thrown in?

kumquat

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 23, 2008, 04:40:58 AM
Correct decision, Mallignagi is rubbish, not in Hattons league.  Thanks god for the internet, at least we didnt pay for that  :D
Only listenin on wireless,  he may not be in hattons league but will hatton fight Cotto?

wrecked_em

horseshit

hopefully de la hoya will shut the unsufferable f*cker up

kumquat

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 23, 2008, 04:48:46 AM
Quote from: kumquat on November 23, 2008, 04:46:46 AM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 23, 2008, 04:40:58 AM
Correct decision, Mallignagi is rubbish, not in Hattons league.  Thanks god for the internet, at least we didnt pay for that  :D
Only listenin on wireless,  he may not be in hattons league but will hatton fight Cotto?

Hatton will probably fight the winner of De Le Hoya vs Pacman.  Personally i would rather see him fight Cotto as you suggest

Manny should deal with oscar (legend in my eyes). But oscar & hatton is massive money, and as we know money talks!!!

screenexile

f**k me did Malignaggi's corner have money on what round he would falll? Of course he was outclassed bu surely the beauty of boxxing is that he could have priduced a KO in the last coupke of rounds.. Hard to arge there wasn't some kind of fix going on it was a complete joke!

Rav67

Premature stoppage but its not like Malignaggi would have stopped him- he's only ever stopped 5 guys in his twenty-something victories and has a very weak punch.  I thought the fight would have been much closer having watched Malignaggi put up a very game display against Cotto after being cut badly early on.

Hatton will fight DLH whether DLH wins or not.  DLH might actually win his upcoming fight considering the big step-up in weight that Pacqiao is making, although Pac-man is clearly the better boxer of the 2 at the minute.  As you say, money talks, especially for DLH, who unlike some American-based boxers will gladly come to Wembley to fight Hatton, sell out 90,000 seats and pull in a huge box office revenue both sides of the Atlantic.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: screenexile on November 23, 2008, 05:03:53 AM
f**k me did Malignaggi's corner have money on what round he would falll? Of course he was outclassed bu surely the beauty of boxxing is that he could have priduced a KO in the last coupke of rounds

Malinaggi doesn't have the power to knock out an 8 year old and his corner knew this I suspect. Only way he was winning was on points and he was way behind at that point.

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on November 23, 2008, 05:03:53 AM
f**k me did Malignaggi's corner have money on what round he would falll? Of course he was outclassed bu surely the beauty of boxxing is that he could have priduced a KO in the last coupke of rounds.. Hard to arge there wasn't some kind of fix going on it was a complete joke!

Drunken GAAboard posting is never a good idea... I thought my spelling was first class when I was posting it though! :D :D

stiffler

McCullough wants world title bout 

Belfast boxer Wayne McCullough is refusing to give up hope of landing another crack at a world title.

McCullough has lost his last seven world title fights but told BBC Sport that he has heard encouraging noises from the World Boxing Council (WBC).

"The WBC said that the bantamweight champion from Japan (Hozumi Hasegawa), if he agrees to fight me, that they would let me," said McCullough.

"I know the opportunity is there because I was a world champion."

In his last bout in June, the 38-year-old Belfast fighter quit on his stool while ahead against Juan Ruiz in the Cayman Islands.

Reports stated that the former WBC bantamweight champion had announced his retirement immediately after the defeat but this was then denied by the Northern Irishman.

"I was injured going into the fight," McCullough insisted in the BBC Newsline interview.

"I keep myself in shape. I train every day. I'm 38-year-old but Bernard Hopkins is 43-year-old.

"If you keep yourself in shape, you can fight on a regular basis.

"I know I can become a world champion again. I've lost in my last seven world championship fights but I thought I was robbed a few times."

Someone call in the men in white coats.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Declan

Congrats to Katie Taylor on retaining her World Title. She's just fantastic and got boxer of the tournament as well.

full back

Anyone know if the Martin Rogan v frAudley Harrison fight is on TV on Sat night?

Off The Fence

Quote from: full back on December 02, 2008, 10:05:50 AM
Anyone know if the Martin Rogan v frAudley Harrison fight is on TV on Sat night?

I'm nearly sure full-back it is part of Judgement Night Box Office on Sky