The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

McGregor goosed here by the looks of it!
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 21, 2016, 05:10:32 AM
What is McGregor at? Twice he could have finished this fight but allowed Diaz up.

They were flash knockdowns, Diaz was defending on his back immediately. McGregor didn't want to risk getting into a ground fight with a guy with much superior BJJ.

gallsman

Great recovery round from McGregor.

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Captain Obvious

Some respect between the two at the end wasn't expecting that.

NetNitrate

First time I watched MMA. Was a great fight. 50/50 really in the end.

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 21, 2016, 05:28:24 AM

The two of them clearly like each other and did so before this fight.

I think fair enough decision. The takedown probably sealed the fifth for Diaz to make it 48-47. I think McGregor clearly won the first, fourth and i think he did enough in the first three and a half minutes of the second to win it before Diaz came on strong.

ONeill

McGregor had to dig deep there in the middle. Seemed gassed. Well executed fight plan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heganboy

holy crap- that was some fight, mcgregor did enough in the first 3 to hold on. he boxed the head off him, and I disagree with captain obvious, I think mcgregor stayed the hell away from the ground war. I think he would have taken a beating there, had to stay on his feet to hold the points victory.
Round 3?

Can Diaz really fight at 155?
6 foot and 155 against the guy at his natural weight, i think he'd be in bother.

Man that is a brutal exhibition there. Some advertisement for the sport.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on August 18, 2016, 06:18:44 AM
He'll definitely have to use more kicks to keep Nate off him. He's experimented with oblique kicks before which would be useful as Nate is very heavy on the front foot.

Coming out and throwing bombs is the one thing I don't think he'll do. That's what gassed him in the first fight. He'll still be very active but will pick and choose his shots much more wisely. Speed is the one big accuracy he has.
Good prediction gallsman. Fascinating fight. Always find UFC a far more gripping watch than boxing. Full of admiration for those fighters.

gallsman

McGregor broken foot apparently. Diaz checked some of the kicks so potentially broke it on his shin and might explain why he laid off the kicks. Dunno when it happened but shows McGregor's toughness as he didn't give a hint of it at all, didn't complain about it in his interview.

gallsman

Quote from: heganboy on August 21, 2016, 05:39:51 AM

Can Diaz really fight at 155?
6 foot and 155 against the guy at his natural weight, i think he'd be in bother.

Diaz is a big, big lightweight but not a particularly big welterweight. Lightweight is his true home. The amount of water these guys cut to make weight is insane. If (there will be, although not immediately) there's a third fight with millions on the line, Diaz will make weight without too much difficulty. These two fights haven't really been welterweight fights - they've been lightweight fights without a cut.

155 is McGregor's real home too. He should be done at 170 as true, elite welterweights would murder him - GSP, MacDonald, Wonderboy etc. If he can make 145 again, do it for Aldo rematch and possibly Edgar (although less important and relevant after Aldo dismantled at 200) and that should be him done at 145.

on the sideline

Quote from: gallsman on August 21, 2016, 05:32:09 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 21, 2016, 05:28:24 AM

The two of them clearly like each other and did so before this fight.

I think fair enough decision. The takedown probably sealed the fifth for Diaz to make it 48-47. I think McGregor clearly won the first, fourth and i think he did enough in the first three and a half minutes of the second to win it before Diaz came on strong.

That's how I scored it as well. Thought he was gone at the end of the 3rd round. The fourth was a phenomenal recovery.  Fair play to him.  Thought his defence of the takedowns was excellent. 
Great fight from both of them. Every round felt like it flew watching it - apart from the last one in round three where he was holding on big time.

laoislad

I got up at half 5 to watch it and the fecking thing was over  ::)
Anywhere I can  watch it today?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.