The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

McGreor will be smarter and pace himself.  He won't throw power shots every time and as for the last fight, it was a combination of fighting carrying an extra two stone that he wasn't used to as well along with putting everything into every punch that tired him.  I'm sure the past few months have got him accustomed to carrying the extra weight and endurance won't be a problem.  Still would favour Diaz simply due to his size, but he has been beat a lot and has been knocked out before too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 19, 2016, 01:07:05 PM
McGreor will be smarter and pace himself.  He won't throw power shots every time and as for the last fight, it was a combination of fighting carrying an extra two stone that he wasn't used to as well along with putting everything into every punch that tired him.  I'm sure the past few months have got him accustomed to carrying the extra weight and endurance won't be a problem.  Still would favour Diaz simply due to his size, but he has been beat a lot and has been knocked out before too.

I think if McGregor stays away from the big shots and stays off the ground he's probably the better striker. . . If he can pace himself and pick off Diaz with jabs the whole time he could well win the fight on points!

Tony Baloney

Is this bandwagon out of the garage again? Someone will win this fight.

The Iceman

You never know which fight is going to be good but based on past performance you can have a good idea of what to tune in for.  For the newer fans I would encourage you to watch:
Main card  - last 3 fights  - definitely watch all three.
O the undercard - Garbrandt v Mizugaki
Magny v Larkin

If i was a betting man I would do a wee accumulator on Avila, Garbrandt, Cerrone, Diaz
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Cerrone has looked absolutely nasty at welterweight. Last fight on his contact so interesting to see what happens after.

Can't see anything other than a big Rumble KO in the co-main.

Puckoon

Wouldn't have too much knowledge about the UFC at all, but ran into a female UFC fighter who is firmly in the Diaz camp during the week. She suggested CMG didn't have much chance at all. I didn't read back here, but how much was made or not made of the fact that Diaz took the first fight on 11 days notice - while in the midst of a party somewhere on the ocean. Granted CMG only had 11 days to change his style to suit the new opponent, but the suggestion from this lass was that the result will remain the same.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on August 19, 2016, 05:26:02 PM
Wouldn't have too much knowledge about the UFC at all, but ran into a female UFC fighter who is firmly in the Diaz camp during the week. She suggested CMG didn't have much chance at all. I didn't read back here, but how much was made or not made of the fact that Diaz took the first fight on 11 days notice - while in the midst of a party somewhere on the ocean. Granted CMG only had 11 days to change his style to suit the new opponent, but the suggestion from this lass was that the result will remain the same.
100% agree.  Will be a good fight but a bad matchup for CMG
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gawa316

What type of fighters did Diaz lose to then? His record isn't that great

The Iceman

read back through the thread - i broke it down for the first fight

gallsman

McGregor at 168, did at 171.

Puckoon

Quote from: gallsman on August 19, 2016, 06:43:42 PM
McGregor at 168, did at 171.

Where's Mickey Harte with the coffee beans when you need him.

Gabriel_Hurl

November 19 - UFC Fight Night : Belfast

ONeill

What happens if there are quick finishes to the undercard? Do they bomb ahead anyway?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gmac

Diaz looks in some shape compared to last fight And has got under Mcgregors skin big time.
Don't see the result being any different unless cmc can strike and move and go the distance.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 21, 2016, 01:03:24 AM
What happens if there are quick finishes to the undercard? Do they bomb ahead anyway?
Presume on PPV you're tied to agreed schedules for advertising etc.