The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Iceman

10pm EST 3am GMT card starts - I'd say the fight is on at 5am or later Sunday morning  - Ireland time
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Yeah, at 193 the Weidman-Rockhold fight didn't start until after 5 Irish time so McGregor fight could be closer to 6.

The Iceman

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/4/11144534/ufc-196-weigh-in-video

Link to the weighins if anyone's interested - just over there.

diaz weighed in with Abs... he's in shape and fired up.

CMG weighs in 2lbs under the limit - fired up and ready to fight.....
i'ts gnnna be good!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JimStynes

Did someone say Diaz has a rep for trash talk? He can hardly talk never mind trash talk. McGregor is hilarious and is really starting to wind Diaz up like on that CNBC interview. All Diaz can say is 'f**k you'.

Gabriel_Hurl

that CNBC "interview" was the stupidest thing I've ever seen

gallsman

Quote from: JimStynes on March 05, 2016, 02:54:54 PM
Did someone say Diaz has a rep for trash talk? He can hardly talk never mind trash talk. McGregor is hilarious and is really starting to wind Diaz up like on that CNBC interview. All Diaz can say is 'f**k you'.

That's very subjective. A lot of what McGregor says his often moronic and repetitive, although he has become more polished. As said above, Diaz probably had the best line of the press conference. I also get the sense that he actually means it all the countless times he says he doesn't give a f**k!

JimStynes

It is very subjective but I don't take it seriously at all. I'm not even a big fan of ufc but I like trash talkers and find them entertaining. McGregor is a very good trash talker and sells fights like no other. Fair played to the fella, he's made a fortune from bringing a bit of entertainment to things. i was a bit fan of the Rock and stone cold etc back in the day and McGregor reminds me of that.

JimStynes

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 05, 2016, 05:46:56 PM
that CNBC "interview" was the stupidest thing I've ever seen
It was very stupid but I found it funny.

Gold

"How about that coffee? "  ;D ;D ;D
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Medic

Just got up for this fight... better be good!! :-*
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Holly Holm beat Rousey well then beaten tonight by Tate who was well beaten by Rousey.

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 06, 2016, 05:36:13 AM
Holly Holm beat Rousey well then beaten tonight by Tate who was well beaten by Rousey.

Was very sloppy by Holm to get caught so late as Tate's takedown attempts were getting very desperate. Great choke though and took serious skill and strength to hold it when Holly tried to flip her.

Dana will be delighted as they'll much prefer Rousey to come back and take belt from Tate rather than Holm.

Medic

I've got my popcorn ready! C'mon mysticMac! Let's go champ! ;D
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/