The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Diaz can hardly string a sentence together. McGregor didn't like it when he was accused of taking drugs. Got wound up by that and rightly so.

The Iceman

This is the lad behind all the bravado that you'll find anytime the camera's aren't rolling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZofBjfcDQ

He's all about the gold coin like I've said many times before. And he's raking it in - fair play to him I say
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on March 01, 2016, 10:52:29 PM
This is the lad behind all the bravado that you'll find anytime the camera's aren't rolling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZofBjfcDQ

He's all about the gold coin like I've said many times before. And he's raking it in - fair play to him I say

But the Camera is rolling :) This is just more PR.

The Iceman

I'm comparing his personality and attitude here to when it isn't.....
I'm saying this is what he is like normally.  He says loads of stuff to get bums on seats and sell PPVs but he's a good lad.  He understands the prize fighting game, the showmanship.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

50fiftyball

You reckon McGregor will be beat Iceman if Diaz gets him on the mat? Interesting, bookies have him at 2/7 but what would they know!

gallsman

Almost no chance of this fight going near the mat I imagine. Diaz is a very, very good boxer. He's also a lunatic who loves a brawl. I think he'll come out and meet McGregor in the middle right from the bell.

The Iceman

I hope for McGregors sake thats exactly what Diaz does.  The thing with these elite BJJ guys is they don't have the wrestling or judo background to take the fight to the ground.  Diaz has some trips and hip throw's from the clinch and can use the fence well but if he can't get McGregor to the ground then this will obviously be decided standing up....

Diaz trains with some elite fighters, his boxing is top drawer and he easily owns the ground in the this matchup.

The key to victory for McGregor will be timing and accuracy - he has been sparring and training to fight - Diaz has not.  I don't think Cardio comes in to play here.
the big question for me is which Diaz shows up? The Diaz who got eaten alive by RDA or the Diaz who sent Michael Johnson packing and beat arguably one of the best stand-up fighters in the 155lb division  - Donald Cerrone...

Diaz is a good bet.

The bookies also had Holly Holm as a massive underdog and look what happened there.

With a full camp and injury free I would have my money on Diaz every time and I'm a big McGregor fan!

gallsman

Diaz was training for a marathon out triathlon or something I read when he got the call. He's always kept himself in shape so cardio shouldn't be an issue for him. I don't think the fight goes beyond the 2nd though, so cardio definitely isn't going to matter!

DuffleKing

Diaz looked an alarmingly bigger man at the face off earlier

screenexile

Diaz 3/1 with PP??

Surely that's worth a punt especially given the size differential!

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on March 04, 2016, 12:02:49 PM
Diaz 3/1 with PP??

Surely that's worth a punt especially given the size differential!

Aye but McGregor has busted his right hand don't you know!

Walter Cronc

Nate is good craic, however the lad must have an IQ of about 5.

His comment about the gazelle was class  ;D ;D

I can see this going to the 3rd, Diaz is a scrapper!

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

For a lad who comes across as quite simple, Diaz had the best line of the night with "playing touch butt in the park with that dork with the ponytail" when talking about Ido Portal. McGregor was very good too with less babbling than usual.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on March 04, 2016, 02:25:30 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2016, 01:24:40 PM

For a lad who comes across as quite simple, Diaz had the best line of the night with "playing touch butt in the park with that dork with the ponytail" when talking about Ido Portal. McGregor was very good too with less babbling than usual.
It's all persona. A protection mechanism for where he lives. I don't know of too many elite athletes who are simple or stupid... Diaz is a laugh - his one liner definitely stole the show you're right. I like both Diaz brothers.
Can't wait for the weigh ins to see what kind of shape Diaz is in and for the actual fight to see if Nate is injured or capable. If Diaz is in shape and not injured that 3/1 bet is a great one....