The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 23, 2016, 02:46:14 PM
Cerrone possibly.

Absolutely gutted at this though.

Would be a joke if so. He got sparked in 66 seconds by RDA two months ago and fought at welter two days ago. Not too man obvious options though.

I've had a funny feeling about fight for a while - low key announcement press conference, relatively low level of media activity. Hasn't felt right at all so this is no surprise.

The Gs Man

Aye, seems a bit suss gallsman. 

It'll probably happen at UFC 200 now instead.

Broken foot is the reason.
Keep 'er lit

The Iceman

Not sure what to make of this. The build up has been very quiet. I don't know how many Irish had planned to make the trip - if a lot I think McGregor stays on the card to keep the fans happy and get paid.
he will be fighting on on UFC 200 regardless and if he is healthy now then take a fight. Diaz should be able to step in at 170 on 2 weeks notice. Cerrone isn't a smart fight he will take CMG down, Diaz wont  - he will try to stand and box and has the hands to do so....
never a dull moment.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Walter Cronc

Quote from: The Iceman on February 23, 2016, 04:14:29 PM
Not sure what to make of this. The build up has been very quiet. I don't know how many Irish had planned to make the trip - if a lot I think McGregor stays on the card to keep the fans happy and get paid.
he will be fighting on on UFC 200 regardless and if he is healthy now then take a fight. Diaz should be able to step in at 170 on 2 weeks notice. Cerrone isn't a smart fight he will take CMG down, Diaz wont  - he will try to stand and box and has the hands to do so....
never a dull moment.

The slagging will be some craic!

gallsman

never a dull moment.

It's a 155lb fight though. Or it was. Can't imagine McGregor wants to go too much higher. Cerrone fought at 170 a few days ago – a cut to 155 would be horrific. He's said he wants it apparently though.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on February 23, 2016, 04:23:28 PM
never a dull moment.

It's a 155lb fight though. Or it was. Can't imagine McGregor wants to go too much higher. Cerrone fought at 170 a few days ago – a cut to 155 would be horrific. He's said he wants it apparently though.

Catch weights exist in UFC?

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 23, 2016, 04:29:09 PM
never a dull moment.

They've happened, generally when someone misses weight. It would be mental for Cerrone to make 155. That and the fact he got KOd for the belt in 66 seconds really should rule him out of a fight of this magnitude.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gallsman on February 23, 2016, 04:33:06 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 23, 2016, 04:29:09 PM
never a dull moment.

They've happened, generally when someone misses weight. It would be mental for Cerrone to make 155. That and the fact he got KOd for the belt in 66 seconds really should rule him out of a fight of this magnitude.

1 final pay day! $500k possibly?

Longshanks

Seems Anthony pettis now would be interested judging by what he has said on twitter, even though he is off two loses think he would make a better fight..

The Iceman

whoever gets the fight will make a flat fee like Chad Mendes got when he stepped in for Jose Aldo.
I don't think CMG wants Cerrone - Cerrone can really wrestle and he is long for the weight - CMG did well with Mendes because of his range advantage and length on the ground
Diaz although a whizz on the ground will stand and trade with CMG
Pettis would be a good option as he prefers to stand-  I think CMG beats him
Who knows what the UFC will do but you can bet CMG has a big say in the opponent....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gawa316

Supposedly broken 5th metatarsal or a broken baby toe...something tells me McGregor will be at the oul slaggin'!

gallsman

Pettis is on medical suspension I believe. Took a bit of a pasting from Alvarez.

Walter Cronc

The Iceman

he's top of the list  -i just hope he isn't stupid and holds out for more money when they are likely offering him 15 times his normal purse
Cerrone said he is already cutting weight - 2 weeks is plenty of time for an athlete like him - his only weakness is his stomach - he has internal injuries that affect his ability to take solid contact there - RDA showed it - Pettis showed it - CMG could show it too if he stayed off the ground.  In Cerrone's last fight he immediately went to the ground because the other "cowboy" was getting the better of him in the standup.