The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: on the sideline on December 11, 2015, 05:15:18 PM
Lads any rough idea what time the McGregor fight is scheduled for on Saturday night/Sunday morning?

The bill starts 7pm pacific (3am in Ireland). 4 fights on the card before McGregor's so depending on the length of them I would hazard a guess at around 5/6am maybe

on the sideline

Quote from: gawa316 on December 11, 2015, 05:37:48 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on December 11, 2015, 05:15:18 PM
Lads any rough idea what time the McGregor fight is scheduled for on Saturday night/Sunday morning?

The bill starts 7pm pacific (3am in Ireland). 4 fights on the card before McGregor's so depending on the length of them I would hazard a guess at around 5/6am maybe

Good man. Should be home in good time for it then!

The Iceman

3 nights of fights lads - last night look for Tim Means versus Jon Howard - great standup scrap. Then Mike Chiesa versus Jim Miller for great grappling match. Then Paige VanZant versus Rose Namajunas for a 5 rd WAR.
Tonight is the Ultimate Fighter Finale - Edgar versus Mendes should be great fight to watch and Tony Fegruson versus Edson Barboza is my pic for fight of the night.

McGregor card has some unreal fights - the whole thing is worth watching!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

macdanger2

What (if any) chance has mcgregor of winning?

gawa316

Quote from: The Iceman on December 11, 2015, 06:09:37 PM
3 nights of fights lads - last night look for Tim Means versus Jon Howard - great standup scrap. Then Mike Chiesa versus Jim Miller for great grappling match. Then Paige VanZant versus Rose Namajunas for a 5 rd WAR.
Tonight is the Ultimate Fighter Finale - Edgar versus Mendes should be great fight to watch and Tony Fegruson versus Edson Barboza is my pic for fight of the night.

Is the Edgar Mendes fight just on Fox Sports or is part of the  pay per view package?

stew

He is bigger and stronger and should keep Aldo at bay as much as possible, Aldo is lightning fast and his movement is the best the sport has probably ever seen.

I thought Aldo would win this all along and McGregors last fight to me was unimpressive because he was fighting a replacement fighter, he probably relaxed a bit but I think he will be very much up for this and he is definitely the fitter fighter, that, and Aldo's extended break leads me to believe that McGregor can win if he gets after Aldo right from the get go, not let him settle into the fight, the man has not been beaten in a decade but I have changed my mind, McGregor to win in spectacular fashion in the forth.

After all of that, it would not surprise me if this was over inside of five minutes either way.

Finally, I want McGregor to win because of the Irish angle, if I were a yank or French or any other nationality I would want Aldo to win, it should be one of the best fights ever but you never know.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 06:53:34 PM

I thought Aldo would win this all along and McGregors last fight to me was unimpressive because he was fighting a replacement fighter,

Does this not work both ways though? McGregor was training to fight Aldo, then he had 3 weeks or so to change his training style to focus on Mendes. I don't know.

As for who wins, I don't know. I have only got into UFC in the last year or so, so don't know enough about it. What i do know is I love McGregor, yes he's not going to be everyones cup of tea but so far he has backed everything up he has said with performances in the cage.

I have butterflies in my stomach at the thought of the fight tomorrow night. Feck I am even nervous watching the Ulimate Fighter fights when is Europe v USA. So glad to see Artem knock that cocky f**k out on Wednesday night.

I have to pick the oul pair up from SFO airport at 3.30p so will be hauling ass back to Fresno to get out for it

Aaron Boone

Does a UFC fight go to judges after the rounds? ( if no KO)

on the sideline

Anyone know what time these ones are on at here and are they on BT Sport?

gawa316

Quote from: on the sideline on December 11, 2015, 07:27:38 PM

Anyone know what time these ones are on at here and are they on BT Sport?

Looks to be similar times to what I mentioned earlier, only today (or tomorrow morning for you!)

The Iceman

Quote from: gawa316 on December 11, 2015, 06:36:29 PM

Is the Edgar Mendes fight just on Fox Sports or is part of the  pay per view package?
different altogether - will be on Fox Sports 1 - if you don't have the channel you'll find something on streamhunter or something similar
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Quote from: gawa316 on December 11, 2015, 07:06:13 PM

I thought Aldo would win this all along and McGregors last fight to me was unimpressive because he was fighting a replacement fighter,

Does this not work both ways though? McGregor was training to fight Aldo, then he had 3 weeks or so to change his training style to focus on Mendes. I don't know.

As for who wins, I don't know. I have only got into UFC in the last year or so, so don't know enough about it. What i do know is I love McGregor, yes he's not going to be everyones cup of tea but so far he has backed everything up he has said with performances in the cage.

I have butterflies in my stomach at the thought of the fight tomorrow night. Feck I am even nervous watching the Ulimate Fighter fights when is Europe v USA. So glad to see Artem knock that cocky f**k out on Wednesday night.

I have to pick the oul pair up from SFO airport at 3.30p so will be hauling ass back to Fresno to get out for it

Good first point, that said yer man tired and was obviously not at his best shape wise.

If under pressure stop at a Buffalo Wild Wings and watch for free.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gawa316

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 08:48:07 PM

Good first point, that said yer man tired and was obviously not at his best shape wise.

If under pressure stop at a Buffalo Wild Wings and watch for free.

Cheers I'll either be heading to a local bar or to a friends house.

Quote from: The Iceman on December 11, 2015, 08:36:53 PM

different altogether - will be on Fox Sports 1 - if you don't have the channel you'll find something on streamhunter or something similar

I have it, so that shall be watched tonight!

gawa316

Thought the weigh in would've been more eventful

omaghjoe

TBH dont like UFC at all, despise McGregor and hope it gets his ass handed to him tomorrow night.

On another point be careful on that 152, was on it a couple of weeks back and there was a serious smash on it, happens regularly apparently