The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Laughed my are off at this one

Reebok have pulled it this morning after CMG's manager berated them and threatened to pull the sponsorship deal if it wasn't removed immediately...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

Bit mad from Kavanagh I thought. Announces partnership Tuesday, threatens to cancel it Thursday.

Daft from Reebok though.

JoG2

Quote from: heganboy on October 22, 2015, 02:22:59 PM

Reebok have pulled it this morning after CMG's manager berated them and threatened to pull the sponsorship deal if it wasn't removed immediately...

designed in Laois apparently

stew

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2015, 02:43:05 PM

That's about right!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

Ronda Rousey defeated, knocked clean out tonight. Must be one of the biggest shocks in the history of UFC. Great performance by Holly Holm.

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 15, 2015, 06:09:41 AM
Ronda Rousey defeated, knocked clean out tonight. Must be one of the biggest shocks in the history of UFC. Great performance by Holly Holm.

She was annihilated swinging at air on a few occasions as well. The hype machine is a bad job for fighters it wouldn't surprise me to see the same end to McGregor against Aldo!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2015, 08:10:58 AM

She was annihilated swinging at air on a few occasions as well. The hype machine is a bad job for fighters it wouldn't surprise me to see the same end to McGregor against Aldo!!
Fingers crossed.

gallsman

No fluke either, she had a game plan, stuck to it and it tore Rousey apart. Rousey's corner were awful. She was chasing around like a bull, getting tagged repeatedly and absolutely knackered because of it. The corner told her to keep it up.

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on October 22, 2015, 02:43:05 PM

I bought one on eBay earlier.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Ronda Rousey got her ass handed to her last night
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JoG2

watched the fight yesterday. The gulf in class was huge. Through Entourage, calling out Mayweather etc I knew who Rousey was. What I don't understand was how she was the (supposed) numero uno in a combat sport when she has  zero defence ! Your one Holm had a free pass to Rousey's jaw all bout.

screenexile

Quote from: JoG2 on November 16, 2015, 09:36:00 AM

watched the fight yesterday. The gulf in class was huge. Through Entourage, calling out Mayweather etc I knew who Rousey was. What I don't understand was how she was the (supposed) numero uno in a combat sport when she has  zero defence ! Your one Holm had a free pass to Rousey's jaw all bout.

If you'd seen her previous fights she has been electric. Nobody else had troubled her in the slightest and with her judo skills and being an Olympic champion it helped her to get the big name.

Holm was supposed to be the true test of Rousey's boxing skills and she failed spectacularly. This will set her back a long way she's going to have to beat Holm in a rematch to regain her credibility.

Having said that the time and experience it would take to get to that level I just don't think is possible. She was totally out thought, out classed and out fought!!!

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

gallsman

Great article here about the hype over Rousey and some of the nonsense spouted around her dominance. ESPN were proclaiming her the greatest female athlete ever ffs!

https://the-cauldron.com/the-end-of-an-error-cbac04dc4a98#.gjgoxhg4g

on the sideline

Lads any rough idea what time the McGregor fight is scheduled for on Saturday night/Sunday morning?